Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales

Just now, Finnegan said:

John Hartson has seen his team qualify for the world cup for the first time in his lifetime and he's not allowed to be a bit biased on comms fvck me the English really are jaded when it comes to international football aren't you lol

All banter aside, you take this shit for granted. No offence @Fox92 but you've got no perspective on what this actually means. You've just accepted its a given all your life that England will be at major tournaments.

You can't see it through Hartson's eyes. I love you buddy but wind your neck in. 

Totally agree. I remember England missing out in 1974, 1978 and 1994. Crying out loud what it meant for Leicester to get european football after yonks.

• Like 1

Just now, Jaspa said:

Perfect result. US wilted second half. Wales a driven side, great fans but weak in places. England need to stay calm, great position to win this group.

It seems, historically, that whenever we face some form of pressure, we struggle mentally.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

We've never beaten the USA in the World Cup...as my American friends keep reminding me.  Only played them twice though:D.  I've prepared myself that if we fail to win that game the USA will become the greatest team in the universe.

USA-New-York-Post.jpg

• Haha 2

Just now, Wymsey said:

It seems, historically, that whenever we face some form of pressure, we struggle mentally.

England's weakness is fairly straightforward, you're just not as good as the top tier of international sides. You don't have a manager smart enough to coach a team to beat world class teams. 

You've got quality a plenty though when it comes to playing minnows. You're some of the most reliable flat track bullies in international football. You'll take a casual 9 points from this group imo. 

I just hope you put more goals past the USA than us. 

• Like 2

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

My only concern is England will beat USA great qualify for the next round, Wales beat Iran... but then come the England v Wales game we field a weakened side to help them out.

I've actually thought quite a lot about this and, honestly, I think it would be better for us if you needed a win from the last game. 

If you play without pressure, rotate the squad and play some of your more creative players who are motivated to prove a point to Southgate then I think that's probably the worst thing that can happen for us. 

1 minute ago, chrishlcfc said:

Must admit these interviews are quite amusing though. It’s like Wales have just won 3-0 lol 

We've just played in a world cup for the first time in our literal lifetimes, as the smallest country that's had to qualify in the entire tournament and we've come back from behind to avoid defeat. 

Like I said before, you are seriously jaded as England fans. You're genuinely out of touch with what international football and the world cup means to a lot of nations around the world. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Iran, Wales and USA!!..

Hardly potent competition is it?

Pathetic media already creaming themselves about England FFS.

Any excitement is warranted but grounded in my view. Can only beat whats in front of you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

England's weakness is fairly straightforward, you're just not as good as the top tier of international sides. You don't have a manager smart enough to coach a team to beat world class teams. 

You've got quality a plenty though when it comes to playing minnows. You're some of the most reliable flat track bullies in international football. You'll take a casual 9 points from this group imo. 

I just hope you put more goals past the USA than us. 

I don't think it would matter who the coach is, England haven't got a good enough defence to win a tournament. 

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I don't think it would matter who the coach is, England haven't got a good enough defence to win a tournament. 

I mean this is possibly true but knock out football is weird. You'd have said the same about Greece in 04. Hell, even over a 38 game season nobody would expect Morgan, Huth, Fuchs and Simpson to be good enough to win a title. 

Sometimes good coaching and good organisation can bridge that gap. I just don't think you have that. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We've just played in a world cup for the first time in our literal lifetimes, as the smallest country that's had to qualify in the entire tournament and we've come back from behind to avoid defeat. 

Like I said before, you are seriously jaded as England fans. You're genuinely out of touch with what international football and the world cup means to a lot of nations around the world. 

Fair enough, enjoy it. International football does mean very little to me to be fair.

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You’re as Welsh as Ashley Williams 

Edited by Bert

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I can see yep it's huge achievement for Wales, especially to think to get there ahead of likes of Italy. Today's result not a bad result, first half dreadful second half improved without being amazing and needed a pen. But there is still has to be room for criticism for the same when England play, we admit our defence should done better to clean sheet against weak look Iran side. After that result you must say Wales must be under some pressure to beat Iran now. 

What Wales don't want is to have to get result against England in the last game, while the USA could have free hit Iran in the last game. 

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

John Hartson has seen his team qualify for the world cup for the first time in his lifetime and he's not allowed to be a bit biased on comms fvck me the English really are jaded when it comes to international football aren't you lol

All banter aside, you take this shit for granted. No offence @Fox92 but you've got no perspective on what this actually means. You've just accepted its a given all your life that England will be at major tournaments.

You can't see it through Hartson's eyes. I love you buddy but wind your neck in. 

In all seriousness. I hate this fad of people moaning about teams celebrating etc. 

It’s great to hear and you could even feel what it meant to Hartson. Added more to the game. I’d much rather have that then Jermaine Jenas every England game.