Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

I can see yep it's huge achievement for Wales, especially to think to get there ahead of likes of Italy. Today's result not a bad result, first half dreadful second half improved without being amazing and needed a pen. But there is still has to be room for criticism for the same when England play, we admit our defence should done better to clean sheet against weak look Iran side. After that result you must say Wales must be under some pressure to beat Iran now. 

What Wales don't want is to have to get result against England in the last game, while the USA could have free hit Iran in the last game. 

Wales best hope is that we are already qualified and we make changes, without sounding arrogant. They’ve got a great chance to put pressure on USA for their games against us if they can beat Iran. 

2 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Hartson though, really? Bale scores a penalty, as 90% of penalty takers do, and Hartson gives us " Bale, he's  a freak, a genius". No mate, he's an overpaid, overrated Taffy, that's what he is.

That was probably a slight over-reaction. But I don’t think he’s over rated. Coming towards the end of his career, but he was unplayable for a few seasons. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

That was probably a slight over-reaction. But I don’t think he’s over rated. Coming towards the end of his career, but he was unplayable for a few seasons. 

If anything, I’d say he was under appreciated. He was top level and amongst the best 5 players in the world for a while. 

16 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Hartson though, really? Bale scores a penalty, as 90% of penalty takers do, and Hartson gives us " Bale, he's  a freak, a genius". No mate, he's an overpaid, overrated Taffy, that's what he is.

I'm sure he said "they are playing more better now".

Hartson is just hilarious l so miss him saying Hal rrrrobson canooo though.

20 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

That overrated, overpaid Taffy is a multi millionaire!... I'm sure he'll be very upset about what you think of him 😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steveherbe said:

TBF on the commentary they said he hadn’t had much impact on the game.

He has achieved great things in the game, well above his actual real world standing & earned a stupid amount to do it.

BUT if he was still at the top of his game he would be playing in Europe, at least 2 years past his sell by date & more show over that period than actual product.

But fair play to him, got to the World Cup AND scored & got them a point.

20 minutes ago, Phenom said:

People don’t make fun of you because you call it “soccer” - it’s the whiny/entitled attitude combined with arrogance. Y’all want to get rid of penalties now.48961372-37D1-4D58-A33B-7A39B172549C.thumb.jpeg.e38ed901dab7993d765a0c103af3ec37.jpeg

“Y’all”

You found one stupid Facebook post. Who are you actually responding to, by the way, because nobody on this thread is having that conversation? 

Many football-watching Americans have access to and are aware of a lot more going on in the game than a lot of fans in England. 

Give me five minutes of the average TalkSport call-in show and I guarantee I’ll find something way worse than what you posted. 

Edited by The_77
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

I’m liking the refs adding the proper amount of added on time so far in this tournament, probably won’t catch on though

They're supposedly doing it to stop time wasting. I'm loving it to be honest. Expecially as they are being consistent. Could have very easily only added on 2 minutes for the 2nd half in the England Iran game with it being so one sided

Edited by foxes1988
  • Like 1

Looked to me like a combination of the Moore substitution and the US just struggling to keep up their intensity 2nd half allowed Wales back in.

1-1 is a fair result over the 100 minutes tbf.

Having read/watched alot of the American soccer pundits and fans thorts and expectations before the world cup I'd imagine they will be very disappointed and probably blame it solely on their coach whereas in reality Wales Iran and USA are all very closely matched.

Edited by foxes1988