Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Would be more interesting to see how many Welsh people (or the ones that qualify under the ridiculous Fifa eligibility criteria) that choose not to live in Wales. More realistic than comparing counties by population. 

Well kinda….the parents or grandparents will at some have been part of that population in the approx last 80 years - the population growth will be consistent across each country in that period. 

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Would be more interesting to see how many Welsh people (or the ones that qualify under the ridiculous Fifa eligibility criteria) that choose not to live in Wales. More realistic than comparing counties by population. 

That would be the same for every nation though surely. People of different nationalities live all over the world. A lot of players at the world cup currently live and work in England for example, so add to our population but not our talent pool.

Thing is population plays a part, but so does the popularity of football in each country. USA have the largest population but football isn't massive there in comparison to say Uruguay or Belgium.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

#context 

RDT_20221121_2031451240939888385550675.jpg

Shows how well Croatia, Denmark and Uruguay have done. Especially Uruguay and Croatia, the rate at which they're producing top class footballers is amazing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Koke said:

Shows how well Croatia, Denmark and Uruguay have done. Especially Uruguay and Croatia, the rate at which they're producing top class footballers is amazing.

Croatia in particular have always impressed me especially given it's not even the only sport they're competitive in globally. 

Edited by Finnegan

46 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

That would be the same for every nation though surely. People of different nationalities live all over the world. A lot of players at the world cup currently live and work in England for example, so add to our population but not our talent pool.

Thing is population plays a part, but so does the popularity of football in each country. USA have the largest population but football isn't massive there in comparison to say Uruguay or Belgium.

Exactly 

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

John Hartson has seen his team qualify for the world cup for the first time in his lifetime and he's not allowed to be a bit biased on comms fvck me the English really are jaded when it comes to international football aren't you lol

All banter aside, you take this shit for granted. No offence @Fox92 but you've got no perspective on what this actually means. You've just accepted its a given all your life that England will be at major tournaments.

You can't see it through Hartson's eyes. I love you buddy but wind your neck in. 

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

lol lol lol lol lol lol

You heard Jenas earlier right 

Tbh I listened to 5 live for our game but do believe you regarding Jenas.

Maybe Hartson was winding me up more because I didn't want Wales to get a result :whistle:

But I do understand where you're coming from. I have accepted we will qualify regardless.

10 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Wales might win the by population trophy lol but hiding the fact they all come from the English football period even their two best teams 

England’s most successful club sides in recent years predominantly have few English players in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

England’s most successful club sides in recent years predominantly have few English players in. 

So what does that mean? I don’t get this comment? I can look at Real Madrid, Munich, ac Milan, psg etc… tell me what you mean 

I can look at all the Brazilian and Argentinian leagues too, I’m confused. Were you trying to mean something by this ? 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You edited this post and it still reads like you're having a stroke. 

I was just bringing the banter, to be honest you will ease past Iran and give England a game. No doubt Wales have done fantastic with the resources available 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, weller54 said:

That overrated, overpaid Taffy is a multi millionaire!... I'm sure he'll be very upset about what you think of him 😂😂

What a childish response. Millionaires shouldn't be put on a pedestal. Footballers are rich so we can't criticise them? We may as well wind up the forum if this kind of opinion is going to predominate.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I've listened to many pundits on media since yesterday and nobody have mentioned that the Wales result makes the group a bit trickier. A defeat to USA and a Wales win against Iran will hugely open the group. Many ifs ofc but I've spotted a lot of issues in our defense. 

It doesn’t make it trickier lol by the laws of mathematics it is in favour now, England shouldn’t lose to the US a draw there still keeps us in prime position. If we lose to the US then we don’t deserve anything anyway lol 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

39 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

What a childish response. Millionaires shouldn't be put on a pedestal. Footballers are rich so we can't criticise them? We may as well wind up the forum if this kind of opinion is going to predominate.

So calling someone an overpaid, overrated Taffy is 'grown up' is it?

• Like 1