Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales

12 hours ago, The_77 said:

“Y’all”

You found one stupid Facebook post. Who are you actually responding to, by the way, because nobody on this thread is having that conversation? 
Many football-watching Americans have access to and are aware of a lot more going on in the game than a lot of fans in England. 
Give me five minutes of the average TalkSport call-in show and I guarantee I’ll find something way worse than what you posted. 

Aren’t you just looking forward to Friday in here?  Another heap of witless patronization, served with a side of lecturing about “corn dogs” from a people who actually consider this not just edible, but a “proper breakfast”.

brekkie.JPG.ada3f0700d8d07829104cae420f3113c.JPG

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Aren’t you just looking forward to Friday in here?  Another heap of witless patronization, served with a side of lecturing about “corn dogs” from a people who actually consider this not just edible, but a “proper breakfast”.

I think you'll find that should be 'patronisation' my friend.   :thumbup:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

They’ve got Greggs and great curries, though, so it balances out!

There are morons on both sides of the pond. Just hope our British friends think twice when assigning random opinions from part-time fans to an entire country. 

7 minutes ago, KingsX said:

TBH someone well learned on the topic could find much, much worse than "corn dogs" to go on about.

But yeah, I'd buy that most American football (not gridiron :D) fans actually know more about the game than their English counterparts because it takes more time and effort to do so over the pond due to decreased accessibility.

Just now, leicsmac said:

TBH someone well learned on the topic could find much, much worse than "corn dogs" to go on about.

But yeah, I'd buy that most American football (not gridiron :D) fans actually know more about the game than their English counterparts because it takes more time and effort to do so over the pond due to decreased accessibility.

American fans can wake up at 6 am and very easily watch football until past midnight on a Saturday. There are so many more games available to watch here plus a whole world of South American football that European fans miss out on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

American fans can wake up at 6 am and very easily watch football until past midnight on a Saturday. There are so many more games available to watch here plus a whole world of South American football that European fans miss out on. 

Right, but it's not culturally osmotic across the country in the same way that it is in other parts of the world. Other sports in the US (in my own experience) tend to be more so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Right, but it's not culturally osmotic across the country in the same way that it is in other parts of the world. Other sports in the US (in my own experience) tend to be more so.

That’s a fair point. Depends where you go in the country. 

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Now you've gone too far... :o

Hope you're looking forward to Friday, it won't be pretty

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

I've made a few notes. Yes, uh... Bacon, 10 on 10. Button mushrooms, bingo. Black pudding, snap. Minor criticism, more distance between the eggs and the beans. I may want to mix them but I want that to be my decision. Use a sausage as a breakwater. But I'm nit-picking, on the whole, a very good effort - 7 on 10. Let's make love.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

We always love the English optimism. You should get a job with the Sun. 

I was just stating a fact you were really poor and required a Bale out again, he won't be able to string 3 x 90 mins out in the group stage, in fact he wouldn't get in our 26.

17 hours ago, Phenom said:

People don’t make fun of you because you call it “soccer” - it’s the whiny/entitled attitude combined with arrogance. Y’all want to get rid of penalties now.48961372-37D1-4D58-A33B-7A39B172549C.thumb.jpeg.e38ed901dab7993d765a0c103af3ec37.jpeg

Get him on ITV alongside Souness and Keane. The other two argue about it being a man's game and studs up tackling whilst this bloke shuts them down with this stuff.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

Still healthier than Lucky Charms…. lol

Like it or not, starting a tongue in cheek chant about it ‘being called soccer’ will have most of us trying to put you back in your box. If you don’t want to be shut up, stop all the big boy and girl chat.

Black Friday. How poetic. 

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Like it or not, starting a tongue in cheek chant about it ‘being called soccer’ will have most of us trying to put you back in your box. If you don’t want to be shut up, stop all the big boy and girl chat.

Black Friday. How poetic. 

I still don't understand why soccer is such a derisory term in the UK. It's the bleeding English that came up with the term in the first place!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

Tbf it would have considerably less hormones pumped into it 

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

I have got lazy…I am coming over for brekky,leave door open and get that fried bread in the toast rack…oh I prefer two eggs one less pati..:scarf:

21 minutes ago, shen said:

I still don't understand why soccer is such a derisory term in the UK. It's the bleeding English that came up with the term in the first place!

In the 60s and 70s, it was called soccer by many if not most across the UK. We nearly always called it that as kids. Hence, programmes such as Soccer Sunday, Star Soccer etc.

When I went to university in Leicester in 1979, there seemed to a lot of people who had reverted to the term football and disliked the word soccer that had started to take off in the US. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

In the 60s and 70s, it was called by many if not most across the UK. We nearly always called it that as kids. Hence, programmes such as Soccer Sunday, Star Soccer etc. When I went to university in Leicester in 1979, there seemed to a lot of people who had reverted to the term football and disliked the word soccer. 

Weird snobs..who drink coffee instead of tea…:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, KingsX said:

Now I love a full English but if someone served me that I’d pull the front of their trousers out and pour it down there.