Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales

10 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I know! There are so many other, more effective sticks!

Institutional racism.

Ponderosa Steak House.

Gun Culture.

Garish sitcoms.

Petro-warfare.

Sarcasm as a form of wit.

The NFL being a thing in the UK.

Rampant and morbid obesity.

Racial inequality.

Any show that involes 'The World's Most Extreme...'

Fentanyl deaths.

The franchisement of Star Wars

Costly healthcare.

Corporate culture.

Blimey. Soccer is the last thing I'd be choosing to have a dig about. :D

But of a pot and kettle situation there with obesity on the list, eh? 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KFS said:

I don’t know, I actually had to leave a bar at half time for the Wales games because some little twat was gob shitting so badly about the game. My pal visiting me also picked up on how biased the Fox comms were too.

Maybe we’re just ultra sensitive given how much England fans have played up arrogantly in the past, to ultimately deliver nothing. It feels as if you’ve got a different attitude following humble LCFC. The bar I was in was full of rich 6 glory hunters who were astounded it wasn’t 4-0

Of course the USMNT has to undo my entire post with this. 😂😂😂 6-0 to England incoming. 

Where are you located, btw? I’m in NYC and everyone hates how bad Fox covering the tournament up here. 😂

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

Of course the USMNT has to undo my entire post with this. 😂😂😂 6-0 to England incoming. 

Where are you located, btw? I’m in NYC and everyone hates how bad Fox covering the tournament up here. 😂

SEE WHAT I MEAN lol

I’m in CT, was in NYC on Monday. For Fridays game I am staying firmly in my living room and turning my phone off if we lose. Been a lot of shit talk at work going into this!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KFS said:

SEE WHAT I MEAN lol

I’m in CT, was in NYC on Monday. For Fridays game I am staying firmly in my living room and turning my phone off if we lose. Been a lot of shit talk at work going into this!

You’ll have to catch a game with me and the New York Foxes one of these days! 

All their talented athletes play other sports. USA would be a power house if soccer was part of their mainstream culture. With all the immigrants that have gone to the US in the last 60 years you'd think they'd bring soccer with them. The Italians,  Mexicans, Germans, various Africans & South Americans etc have brought their food, music, language etc to the US but not ****ing football. Maybe they tried but couldn't infiltrate the stronghold NFL and NBA have on the nation lol

2 hours ago, Koke said:

All their talented athletes play other sports. USA would be a power house if soccer was part of their mainstream culture. With all the immigrants that have gone to the US in the last 60 years you'd think they'd bring soccer with them. The Italians,  Mexicans, Germans, various Africans & South Americans etc have brought their food, music, language etc to the US but not ****ing football. Maybe they tried but couldn't infiltrate the stronghold NFL and NBA have on the nation lol

Good.

11 hours ago, Koke said:

All about the money.

Young athletes look and see how much players in the NFL/NBA make.  Plus they compete in front of their countrymen.  
Convincing this countries best athletes to stick with soccer/football is a very hard sell.

The best thing that happened for soccer/football around here, was when we made it to the knockout round 8 years ago.  The entire country embraced the sport.  We followed that up by not making it 4 years ago.

Edited by marbles

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Haven’t seen anything yet from any of the teams that would make me think England can’t go all the way this time.

Well ok maybe Brazil..

:ph34r:

3 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Still too early me thinks

To be honest though England shouldn’t fear anyone with the players we have, it is about getting it right on the day really. England have so many dangerous players and I doubt the most pessimistic person couldn’t deny that. I can only think of france when it comes to paper, that have the better depth and quality. Brazil looked good though and paper doesn’t make a team that is true. I think the days of England being an embarrassment are long gone though is all I’m saying, we have totally transformed to a tournament team. It is up to Southgate if he can seriously win this, because my view is the most important person isn’t world class. That is the same guy that isn’t world class for Belgium 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

11 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I think..

Iran win

Qatar Senegal draw

Netherlands win

England win

Hope Wales do it of course

No way we're beating Wales, especially in our current state. I predict a comfortable and dominant 3-0 victory for Wales.