Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Maybe not but performance wise that not great really. Offered nothing, did Wales have a decent shot. 

Oh not disputing that, Wales under performed I think, but they are not out yet and it just feels like it might be an epic England v Wales, but that could just be the pessimist in me.

17 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Wales got to admit, they haven't really turned up this tournament. Bang average against USA took a pen to save the day and today's performance was just woeful. 

I don't think Wales are any good, never mind not turining up.

Just now, Sly said:

In fairness @Finnegan(who I assume watches more of them than me), did state he didn’t expect them to qualify and potentially finish bottom of the group. 

Tbf it just shows you. I wouldn't have thought to see Wales in a World Cup, same with Scotland, so for them to be here is big.

12 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I can't see why this is so embarrassing. It's not like they were playing against San Marino. Team ranking is similar between Wales and Iran. 

No it is totally embarrassing,  I dont give a feck about FIFAs rankings

15 minutes ago, Phenom said:

If England take care of business later - they might play the bench players in the game against Wales. Still probably too much for Wales to overcome but maybe you’ll can your manager before. Really shameful performance. 

Shameful might be pushing it as we have had a 'golden' era as it were and I don't want to tarnish that, but certainly very, very disappointing indeed. The manager has been extremely poor with his selections and tactics. But for key players, it's come too late. Iran played well by the way tiday and well coached today. Must be very difficult for their players with everything. 

9 minutes ago, KFS said:

This is extremely polite, they showed nothing 

Honestly, I say that because we wasted many chances afforded to us in the first half and gave up possession very easily for my liking. On another day this could have came back and haunted us.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm confused, were Iran shit and made England look good, or are Wales shit making Iran look good.

It's hard not to sound patronising but Wales qualifying is a great achievement for a country that size. But I do think they've started to think they are better than they are. 

One thing I can say is that we don't think like England. 😂

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm confused, were Iran shit and made England look good, or are Wales shit making Iran look good.

It's hard not to sound patronising but Wales qualifying is a great achievement for a country that size. But I do think they've started to think they are better than they are. 

A bit of everything perhaps. England playing well/being clinical, Iran losing their goalkeeper early and looking rusty. That was not the same Iran team today, they could’ve tested England a lot more if they’d set up more aggressively from the start. 

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't think Wales are any good, never mind not turining up.

The Welsh media & journalists working in England have too much of an arrogant flair,and push Wales  too far up that expectation Table..It's great they qualified...then these teams have to rely on fight,spirit & luck..They will come & bring this to the England game,depends now what England turns up..Our replacements should still be good enough....

Some English arrogance now..

We should see England score even more goals...USA game gives me more cobblywobbles, they have grown in their

tactics and skillset of individual players.

USA are now better than Wales,England will not walk through this game....

If they do ,we qualify...if not the Welsh,can dream of having their day...

& Southgate can have Taylor type nightmares...

4 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Why is it embarrassing exactly?

I could beat Iran on my own!!!

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

You are wrong, Iran and a peer to Wales in terms of performance levels- save your outrage for when Wales pump England.

😁😁😁

11 minutes ago, Iran said:

Honestly, I say that because we wasted many chances afforded to us in the first half and gave up possession very easily for my liking. On another day this could have came back and haunted us.

In all seriousness  MASSIVE  MASSIVE MASSIVE Congratulations to Iran.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Raj said:

No it is totally embarrassing,  I dont give a feck about FIFAs rankings

At top competition time,the Rankings in all sports tend to be 18 months - 2yrs behind the various  growth of the teams & that extra push over qualification.