Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales

15 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Given USA are going to have to go for it against Iran and Iran have every chance of beating them on the break he's a total fool if he plays for a point, but I wouldn't put it past him.

Exactly.  Iran could easily win that and leave England in second place if they settle for a scoreless draw.

The problem is that Berhalter is every bit the conservative bottler Southgate is, and even needing three points to move on he'll likely still leave Aaronson and Reyna on the bench and avoid "risks".

Edited by Deeg67

22 hours ago, The Bear said:

What are the chances the FA sack Southgate if we get knocked out in the QFs or before? 

I hope they do (theoretical situation aside), but you get the feeling they'd appoint someone like Gerrard or Lampard. 

Or wait for Potter to get the sack at Chelsea and give it him. 

They absolutely won't (sack him)

They absolutely will (appoint another deadly dull yes man).

The FA always have put PR way ahead of results - and performance is way down the list too.

They love the utterly negative "whatever you do don't lose" philosophy - a way to totally guarantee eventual loss.

l gave up hoping to see our best creative players allowed to play in an England shirt long ago and it's not changing anytime soon.

15 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I think he'll go if Tuchel actually wants the gig and the FA sound him out. I'm not sure how good Tuchel would be for us but he's got a bloody good CV and tends to go far in cups, even if he does seem to get everyone's backs up after about 18 months.

Tuchel would be good, but he's not fa man. They like a coach who they can control, less controversial and act like politican. I wouldn't be surprised if another appointment from within again. I mean you never know former fox Chris Powell might get the job... that's not saying he's good enough but he fits the fa bill.

25 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I think he'll go if Tuchel actually wants the gig and the FA sound him out. I'm not sure how good Tuchel would be for us but he's got a bloody good CV and tends to go far in cups, even if he does seem to get everyone's backs up after about 18 months.

Anyone who thinks a German is going to get the england manager job is living in cloud cuckoo land …..

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Anyone who thinks a German is going to get the england manager job is living in cloud cuckoo land …..

It's more likely than Scotsman managing england. A lot top coaches I think do see potential in the england squad especially with upcoming talent. I do think when Southgate leaves they'll be a few a good coaches interested. But as we know the Fa aren't exactly great in their choices.   Well they got right in the women's game recently..

3 hours ago, J. James said:

They absolutely won't (sack him)

They absolutely will (appoint another deadly dull yes man).

The FA always have put PR way ahead of results - and performance is way down the list too.

They love the utterly negative "whatever you do don't lose" philosophy - a way to totally guarantee eventual loss.

l gave up hoping to see our best creative players allowed to play in an England shirt long ago and it's not changing anytime soon.

At the moment..he’s our hero..Tomorrow night and the k.O stages will

write his legendary status, or goes down as just  another England manager,who can’t even get a fit,less games England playing naturally & showing their Individual strengths..There is always that 1% of hope,but after my 68+ yrs,that flickering light

is fading…

I seen my Foxes grab the tittle,and rampage through the PL chicken roost…

I just want that chance to see the 3 Lions,once more bite someone’s head off..

Southgates presently in charge…has got to be our man,he’s got to have that brain storm & ignore the history & sprint on by the graveyard of English managers..

”Boot hill” how appropriate. spent 60+ years undoing our laces too early..!

Let him dare drop our top forward,and drive forward,with Foden,Maddison,Rashford & Wilson…:scarf:

I can't stand Yes Man's acceptance of where we are.

Using past results and saying England don't win two on the bounce in the group stages and because of that therefore we're doing ok is showing a weak mentality.  We should be looking to win games in a tournament situation, not to nullify the opposition. 

Tomorrow night all he will look for is a draw and we'll finish runners up in the group.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm begging you Michael Sheen please stop doing these ever more progressively awkward speeches

The first one was a cringe worthy, obviously scripted bit that made me squirm a bit in my chair so I think I'll pass. 

I hate that sort of shit. 

The Welsh rolling out the unmatched heart, fight and desire lines despite Iran already having put that theory to bed. Don’t get me wrong I don’t expect much from England but we’ve already seen far more pashun from other teams who have defied bigger odds this tournament.