Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales

14 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm begging you Michael Sheen please stop doing these ever more progressively awkward speeches

Really dislike the whole PASHUN fallacy that surrounds Wales tbh. Given half their players are English, it's rich to act like they're the only country in the tournament that give a fvck about their country. 

"World Cup 2022: Wales v England: 'Welsh will try to win with emotion, not tactics" :rolleyes:

They were totally meek on the pitch and in the stands against Iran for example, the passion shown by the Islamic countries and the South Americans make the whole "we're Wales we care more, do it for your grandfather!" kind of thing look a bit silly. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

and in the stands

I mean that's clearly rubbish to be honest. 

I get that you have a massive envy boner over the fact we have a national team we're actually fairly proud of for its over achievement where as yours is a soulless perpetual disappointment but that line in particular is absurd. 

Obviously the Arabic and South American fans have made more noise, there's about ten times more of them. 

But man for man the "Red Wall" (I'm the first to admit, I think the term is a bit cringey) has been phenomenal support over the last decade or so and comfortably more vocal, pound for pound at least, than the English support. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Really dislike the whole PASHUN fallacy that surrounds Wales tbh. Given half their players are English, it's rich to act like they're the only country in the tournament that give a fvck about their country. 

"World Cup 2022: Wales v England: 'Welsh will try to win with emotion, not tactics" :rolleyes:

They were totally meek on the pitch and in the stands against Iran for example, the passion shown by the Islamic countries and the South Americans make the whole "we're Wales we care more, do it for your grandfather!" kind of thing look a bit silly. 

I actually have to look away or turn over when they play the Wales anthem. The sight of those contorted, crying faces make my toes curl. Cringe worthy. 

Additionally that other song about Fred in Devon gives me an ear worm but with those other classic words from the 70's about arse wiping. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I don't get the hate some people seem to have for Wales! Why?

They (some) bring it on themselves but I'm not sure that hate is the correct term. It's made all the worse by the patronising English media that have to be seen as all inclusive. 

You know that it's all good fun when the home nations show various degrees of 'hate' towards England but coming in the opposite direction is clearly xenophobic. Our role is to be polite, support all of the British teams and say publically how wonderful they are. Bless their cottons. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

English football fans are pretty weird in general. They pretend they like an underdog but it's really a myth. 

Just look around foxestalk. How many people used to moan about Eddie Howe and Bournemouth because they were popular for trying to play more technical football. How many people hate Brentford and Thomas Frank because the media give them due props for smart recruitment and punching above their weight? 

How many people got their knickers in a twist trying to force "Wolvesalona" as a thing because Wolves got credit for their style of play when they got promoted back to the Prem? 

How many people rejoiced at Bielsa getting the sack and used to get a rage boner on any time the press did a piece on Leeds being pretty exciting to watch under him? 

How many people on here practically had nervous breakdowns because the local and national press made (rightfully) a big deal out of Forest finally getting back to the top tier as former European Cup winners having been in the doldrums for decades? 

People absolutely cannot abide nice things being said about a team that isn't their own. It's seriously fvcking petty. Combine that with the opposite, the Do They Mean Us thread aka Insecurity Central where people stroke themselves in to a hate coma if any pundit either criticises Leicester or has the audacity to forget we exist for a moment. 

How many people on foxestalk genuinely believe ThE mEdIa "hate" Leicester? It's mad. 

So it fits the profile entirely that weirdly jealous and insecure England fans can't actually hack it that for a couple of measly minutes the BBC or whoever might do a feature on the fact that Wales are also at the world cup and that in itself is a pretty big achievement. 

England is the spoilt only child of British football. For pretty much a generation they're the only ones that have actually qualified for shit and they're used to hogging all the spotlight and attention. Now mommy is showing a bit of love to one of her other children and the tantrums are out in force. 

It's hilarious frankly lol

Edit: for the record, anyone that wants us to lose because we want YOU to lose and sees it as an actual local rivalry? I'm completely with you. If it's just harmless football banter I'm down. But all of the "boo boo goo the BBC are hyping Wales pAsHuN how dare they it's so cRiNgE" crowd, you're just humiliating yourselves tbqh. 

You alright mate?

2 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So how confident are the resident Welshies today?  One of my best mates is Welsh and he has been very quiet about the game tonight, especially after all the bravado pre tournament.

Can see a dire 0-0 or a late 1-0 win for England.

You'll win by two or more goals. We're a worse side than we were in 2016 and you're better. 

It should be routine. Savage is obviously a pillock claiming it would be a bigger deal than Leicester title win if Wales win but it would be one of the biggest upsets of the tournament so far. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

English football fans are pretty weird in general. They pretend they like an underdog but it's really a myth. 

Just look around foxestalk. How many people used to moan about Eddie Howe and Bournemouth because they were popular for trying to play more technical football. How many people hate Brentford and Thomas Frank because the media give them due props for smart recruitment and punching above their weight? 

How many people got their knickers in a twist trying to force "Wolvesalona" as a thing because Wolves got credit for their style of play when they got promoted back to the Prem? 

How many people rejoiced at Bielsa getting the sack and used to get a rage boner on any time the press did a piece on Leeds being pretty exciting to watch under him? 

How many people on here practically had nervous breakdowns because the local and national press made (rightfully) a big deal out of Forest finally getting back to the top tier as former European Cup winners having been in the doldrums for decades? 

People absolutely cannot abide nice things being said about a team that isn't their own. It's seriously fvcking petty. Combine that with the opposite, the Do They Mean Us thread aka Insecurity Central where people stroke themselves in to a hate coma if any pundit either criticises Leicester or has the audacity to forget we exist for a moment. 

How many people on foxestalk genuinely believe ThE mEdIa "hate" Leicester? It's mad. 

So it fits the profile entirely that weirdly jealous and insecure England fans can't actually hack it that for a couple of measly minutes the BBC or whoever might do a feature on the fact that Wales are also at the world cup and that in itself is a pretty big achievement. 

England is the spoilt only child of British football. For pretty much a generation they're the only ones that have actually qualified for shit and they're used to hogging all the spotlight and attention. Now mommy is showing a bit of love to one of her other children and the tantrums are out in force. 

It's hilarious frankly lol

Nice try but for me it’s all the little brother chat about how you’ll knock England out etc. You can’t expect us to sit there and take it while Sorba and Kieffer run their mouths about how great it would feel to beat England. I actually woke the house up laughing when Iran scored, and it simply comes from my hatred of arrogance and a love for irony and hamartia. 

See upwardly punching Scotland fans, too.

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

So how confident are the resident Welshies today?

Not very, I imagine.

I can just about see a way for Wales to win 1-0 (either grab an early goal and then England just fail to find a way through - which would be very England tbh - or somehow hang on for 88 minutes and nick a late goal), but it doesn't look likely.

And seeing as England won't need to desperately chase the game even if a goal down, it's not like they'd be vulnerable on the break, so the four goal win ain't gonna happen. If Wales try to win 4-0 it's more likely England will hit them on the break.

Somehow win 1-0 and hope the other match is a draw? If I was Welsh I'd be resigned to going out.

Just now, KFS said:

my hatred of arrogance

lol lol lol lol

I just spat my tea everywhere. 

Wales fans and players being accused of arrogance by the English lol lol lol lol lol

Fvck me that is sensational. 

On a serious note, what did you expect Kieffer Moore to say? He was asked by a journalist if he had split loyalties because he's born in England. The question was obviously bait to begin with and a pretty shitty thing to be asking the guy on the even of the tournament. He just said narh, I'll like it if we beat England. I mean that's a pretty fair statement. 

It's not like he was all over his socials saying we were going to fvcking hammer you and he was going to put a hattrick by Pickford or something. I mean, that'd be arrogance. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Nice try but for me it’s all the little brother chat about how you’ll knock England out etc. You can’t expect us to sit there and take it while Sorba and Kieffer run their mouths about how great it would feel to beat England. I actually woke the house up laughing when Iran scored, and it simply comes from my hatred of arrogance and a love for irony and hamartia. 

See upwardly punching Scotland fans, too.

England fans complaining about arrogance from their neighbours is pushing it a bit!

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You'll win by two or more goals. We're a worse side than we were in 2016 and you're better. 

It should be routine. Savage is obviously a pillock claiming it would be a bigger deal than Leicester title win if Wales win but it would be one of the biggest upsets of the tournament so far. 

Totally agree with this.  Love how the media is trying to hype this game up to something it isn't. Wales have such a small pool of players to pick from, with the best 2 players well past their best and England have a crazy amount of quality that isn't even good enough to get in the squad.

Wales will fight for their badge and that is a given, but frankly England should stroll to victory barely getting out of 2nd gear and if they don't then that will be a failure on their / Southgate's part.

• Like 1

Just now, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

England fans complaining about arrogance from their neighbours is pushing it a bit!

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lol lol lol lol

I just spat my tea everywhere. 

Wales fans and players being accused of arrogance by the English lol lol lol lol lol

Fvck me that is sensational. 

On a serious note, what did you expect Kieffer Moore to say? He was asked by a journalist if he had split loyalties because he's born in England. The question was obviously bait to begin with and a pretty shitty thing to be asking the guy on the even of the tournament. He just said narh, I'll like it if we beat England. I mean that's a pretty fair statement. 

It's not like he was all over his socials saying we were going to fvcking hammer you and he was going to put a hattrick by Pickford or something. I mean, that'd be arrogance. 

Ok you two are reaching here… I’m one England fan who took particular issue with your players coming out before the comp and arrogantly claiming how much they ‘don’t fear England’ and ‘would love to knock them out’.

Find me a quote from an England player giving a **** about Wales. In the context of this tournament it looks stupid because you have been utter dog. It’s beautifully ironic. 

1 minute ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Totally agree with this.  Love how the media is trying to hype this game up to something it isn't. Wales have such a small pool of players to pick from, with the best 2 players well past their best and England have a crazy amount of quality that isn't even good enough to get in the squad.

Wales will fight for their badge and that is a given, but frankly England should stroll to victory barely getting out of 2nd gear and if they don't then that will be a failure on their / Southgate's part.

I feel a bit sorry for the BBC to be honest. I assume they were hoping there'd be more riding on it and they're kinda hyping it up as if there is. 

In reality we're already out, England are more or less through and it's a dead rubber. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I feel a bit sorry for the BBC to be honest. I assume they were hoping there'd be more riding on it and they're kinda hyping it up as if there is. 

In reality we're already out, England are more or less through and it's a dead rubber. 

Oh I don't blame them at all. It's just such a false,  contrived narrative.

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Ok you two are reaching here… I’m one England fan who took particular issue with your players coming out before the comp and arrogantly claiming how much they ‘don’t fear England’ and ‘would love to knock them out’

They're not my players!

What did you expect them to say - "We're shit scared of England and hope they knock us out?"

Just now, KFS said:

Ok you two are reaching here… I’m one England fan who took particular issue with your players coming out before the comp and arrogantly claiming how much they ‘don’t fear England’ and ‘would love to knock them out’.

Find me a quote from an England player giving a **** about Wales. In the context of this tournament it looks stupid because you have been utter dog. It’s beautifully ironic. 

I don't think you know what irony is and you completely ignored my question about Moore. 

What's arrogant about saying they want to win? I want us to win, that doesn't mean I think we will. 

I'll absolutely love it if Wales win later. I'll be insufferable on here. Christ, if by some miracle we actually knocked you out I think Mark would have to ban me for everyone's sakes because I'd never let you forget it. 

None of that is arrogance. Arrogance would be, for example, acting like you were beneath us and saying something like "find me any Wales player that even gives a shit about England." You know, something like that. 

• Like 1