Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales

9 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

My body is ready for this totally realistic scenario:

Wales are 2-0 up in HT. Kane walks off with an ankle injury on 51st min and is replaced by Eric Dier. 75th min mark they're up 3-0 and Bale scores a screamer on 90th min. 97th min England wins a penalty. Mount steps up and Ward saves the penalty. 

Southgate comes back on a camel in June 2023.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Wales are 2-0 up in HT. Kane walks off with an ankle injury on 51st min. 75th min mark they're up 3-0 and Bale scores a screamer on 90th min. 97th min England wins a penalty. Mount steps up and Ward saves the penalty. 

Stream Snoop dogg So High by Mcleod | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Haha 1

In to these bastards EARLY England.

That's the right thing to say isn't it?

Genuinely couldn't give two shits about Wales, in recent years you have to acknowledge they've had a brilliant period and they have that undoubted blend of a passionate support and pride. 

Some will be irked and view Wales as a rival because of proximity and the fact a lot of them despise England for many reasons. Not sure what's worse, the people that hate or those that don't actually care about them. A bit like what Forest fans claim about us 😂😂😂

I really hope tonight is a proper game, I want to see England attack this game with authority and confidence and not in protection mode. The rumours Henderson is coming in for Bellingham speaks volumes though and we deserve any pain and anguish that comes if that's the case. Pathetic.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dames said:

Seeing that Walker is in line to start tonight as well but no idea for who. 

Southgates going to go 5 ATB with the double pivot isn't he?

I cannot wait until he is gone. 

Sounds like it. Matt law saying Rashford, Foden, Henderson and Walker all starting.

Possible something like

Trippier

Walker

Stones

Maguire

Saka

Henderson

Rice

Foden

Rashford

Kane

Edit - Just reading a bit more from Matt Law, sounds like it's Rashford and Foden in for Sterling and Saka, so still a back 4. Remains to be seen whether it's Walker for Tripps or Walker for Shaw.

Edited by AjcW

Sheezuz if southgate set england up to defend I’m changing the bloody channel to watch usa V iran. I refuse to watch garbage live when I have a choice. Southgate has all the weaponry he needs to pummel wales within 45 min. These players are used to premier league pace & thunder. Just unleash them ffs. He can park the bus after for all I care but for god sake start on the front foot pleeeeease!

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Are you talking about Swansea and Cardiff? Because literally every ground they go to they're met with "Ingurlund!", GSTQ and sheepshagger chants so what are you really expecting? 

Yeah.

We both dislike each other lets be honest, it's a rivalry and a sporting rivalry, don't know why people pretend otherwise.

I can trace my dislike of some Wales fans back to an England match at Ninian Park. It was during the Falklands conflict and they were chanting 'Argentina, Argentina' as if it was an English war. It was probably a moment of realisation when news broke later about the awful loss of life at Bluff Cove. Things like that tend to stick. 

I also wouldn't defend the mob of West Ham fans either that only wanted to cause maximum trouble that night. 

BTW, England won one nil (Trevor Francis). 

Find the Welsh v English very pantomime. When I've worked away or holiday, I'd say to a man I have found the Welsh more welcoming - the old valley idiot excepted. Had a three long spells working away there - I still don't think a lot of English quite get how remote and rural most of Wales is - their history I find pretty interesting too. 

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Wales are 2-0 up in HT. Kane walks off with an ankle injury on 51st min. 75th min mark they're up 3-0 and Bale scores a screamer on 90th min. 97th min England wins a penalty. Mount steps up and Ward saves the penalty. 

If Kane goes off on 51st minute we've got more chance if it going to 2.1 than 3.0 with a decent striker on. Kane is massively overrated and only ever performs against 3rd rate opposition. When has he ever stepped up for England? You're right about the rest though.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Why? Won't a Wales win cause a problem for Iran? 

Well, assuming we go out and play football today against and not settle for a draw we could potentially have a chance of winning the group with a Wales win/draw against England. Knowing our manager he will likely play it safe and prioritize a draw over a win.

Regardless, both the Netherlands and Senegal look dangerous and wouldn't really matter wether we win the group or not.