Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Ugh. Every now and then I forgot Martin Keown is a professional pundit and my world is a little brighter. Every time I'm reminded I die a little inside. 

Ally McCoist for every game please. 

Bloke shits himself with excitement at a throw-in. He's great to listen to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nobbyburton said:

I dunno, they beat Brazil, Italy, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia on that run. Hardly a bad standard. I get what people are saying, on paper a lot of players don't stand out, but it's hardly ridiculous to suggest they were/are up there with the favourites when they have been on a run like that.

To be honest, they could have been 3 up by half time if they could time their runs better and we wouldn't even be discussing them as not up to it. 

No idea how that second goal was ruled out for offside. The rules are rubbish, an arm should not be considered offside. I have always said measure on nearest part of the foot/leg (gives attackers that slight advantage over a defender).

5 minutes ago, Guest said:

Is that in the same way Yunus Musah is a very American sounding name?

America isn't an ethnic group, or an ethnically homogenous population. So honestly, yes. Yunus Musah is a very American sounding name. Every name, is an American sounding name.

Poland, on the other hand, is made of up 98% ethnic Poles. That's why when you hear someone's name is Grzegorz Krychowiak, you can pretty much guess that they're Polish. That's why literally every one else on the Polish National Team have polish sounding names. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

America isn't an ethnic group, or an ethnically homogenous population. So honestly, yes. Yunus Musah is a very American sounding name. Every name, is an American sounding name.

Poland, on the other hand, is made of up 98% ethnic Poles. That's why when you hear someone's name is Grzegorz Krychowiak, you can pretty much guess that they're Polish. That's why literally every one else on the Polish National Team have polish sounding names. 

So I suppose you feel the same about Thomas Delaney or Martin Braithwaite? Incidentally, Anis Ben Slimane who played for Tunisia today is born and raised and still lives/plays in Denmark.

Every time Poland qualify for a major tournament I fall in to the same trap of thinking they might be quite good. They always qualify strongly, they've got a good mix of genuinely quality players and some kinda underrated tidy pros.

But they're just muck. They're always muck. They look like they've never seen each other before. There's no plan at all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Every time Poland qualify for a major tournament I fall in to the same trap of thinking they might be quite good. They always qualify strongly, they've got a good mix of genuinely quality players and some kinda underrated tidy pros.

But they're just muck. They're always muck. They look like they've never seen each other before. There's no plan at all.

Isn’t this the case with 80% of the teams at the World Cup? I remember when Chile last qualified, I loved them, but in reality they were 11 lunatics running around a field. 

48 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

No idea how that second goal was ruled out for offside. The rules are rubbish, an arm should not be considered offside. I have always said measure on nearest part of the foot/leg (gives attackers that slight advantage over a defender).

Sorry, can't agree with this. Going back to Chilwell cup final was it not the leaning  of the upper body that was offside. Either you are onside or off. 

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Funny thing is I thought when they got through to 1974 finals at England's expense they would be no good but turns out this was about the only time they proved to be good.