Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland

11 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Poland are such a waste of time at the World Cup.

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

No one else thinks the Saudi Arabia result was a form of corruption somehow?..

Always get hyped up but don’t perform.

Well hopefully not - I mean they went 1/0 down to a soft penalty early on.

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Sorry, can't agree with this. Going back to Chilwell cup final was it not the leaning  of the upper body that was offside. Either you are onside or off. 

As per current rules, yes offside. I would like to see attackers favoured more and less goals ruled out for what is not really much of an advantage. Measure legs, not upper body.

43 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Missed opportunity but my expectations were low going into the tournament so it is what it is. We’re not gonna score many…

Chucky is the only player who looks like he can create anything going forward. Mexico always look the same, play some nice stuff at times but lack the end product. 

Find it a shame how a nation as big, and as football mad as Mexico haven't really had a generation of quality players come through together.

20 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

As per current rules, yes offside. I would like to see attackers favoured more and less goals ruled out for what is not really much of an advantage. Measure legs, not upper body.

What if someone heads goal where head and neck is offside. I favour on or offside where to use the old joke you are either pregnant or not. In others words you can't be a tiny bit offside and still allow a goal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Ugh. Every now and then I forget Martin Keown is a professional pundit and my world is a little brighter. Every time I'm reminded I die a little inside. 

"Well I’d like to meet Stephenson the engineer
And I’d like to meet Faraday and buy him a beer
And I’d love to meet the bloke who had the bright idea of
Bob Wilson – anchorman
"

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

It was just a discussion at work, overhearing a fellow colleague saying that the result wasn't expected.

Nah mate. That was a proper underdog performance. They fought for it. If that was fixed, so was our league title. Enjoyed watching it because it reminded me how fun it is being the underdog. 

Your colleague probably made a lazy assumption without watching it.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

And as a result of sharing a joke. They fixed the match by convincing the entire team of Argentinian millionaires to play seriously below par ? To add to the drama, they gave Argentina a penalty for shits and giggles - there is corruption. This one ain’t it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Nah mate. That was a proper underdog performance. They fought for it. If that was fixed, so was our league title. Enjoyed watching it because it reminded me how fun it is being the underdog. 

Your colleague probably made a lazy assumption without watching it.

This. As one of the chief executives of calling corrupt VAR in the game I am glad to announce that this game was not a fix, and in-fact, ****ing glorious.

Fair play Saudi Arabia. Genuinely amazing result.

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I don’t think yesterdays game had any hint of corruption but worth looking into Messi and Argentina FA’s deal with Saudi Arabia post this World Cup

What’s worth looking into? It’s a quick way of getting even richer in an emerging football market.