Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland

Listening to Peter Walton I see how it is a pen on paper but in practice on the pitch I didn't think the contact was enough to constitute a foul - contact is allowed and it didn't impede the player (theatrics aside).

Don't think anyone should be calling it a 'fix' though - that's a bit inappropriate. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That penalty literally gets given 99/100 in the Premier League wtf are you on about.

No it doesn't.

The majority of PL refs are not giving that (as the ref here didn't) and it was no where near clear and obvious enough for either VAR to directly overrule it, or instruct the referee to go to the monitor.

If the referee did give it, it probably wouldn't be overturned, mind. 

Just now, Super_horns said:

And Portugal /Poland had one themselves in the last round of games.

Yep.

I absolutely hate diving, that WAS a dive, I'm not claiming otherwise in the slightest.

But making out that that's some sort of corrupt evil VAR penalty is just stupid. The defender kicked the leg of an attacker nowhere near the ball and the attacker fell over. That's given as a penalty 99.9% of the time regardless of whether or not it should be. 

• Like 1

Just now, DennisNedry said:

No it doesn't.

Please don't make me go and find 4863938439839864893684 youtube clips of ludicrously soft penalties being given to Salah, Sterling, Bruno Fernandes, Rashford, etc every fvcking weekend of the Premier League.

You and I both know I can do that, as does everyone else on this forum. 

You just wanted to make some weird little tinfoil hat post about "Middle Eastern" (rolleyes.gif) teams and corruption. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Why?

It's only weird because we aren't used to it. It's fvcking excellent though, we're ACTUALLY getting 90 minutes of football instead of watching hours of time wasting and the ball out of play. 

Agree with you on this one.

The players haven't seemed to have caught on yet though, there's still a lot of time wasting going on especially in feigning injury. Perhaps that will change as we all get used to it and they realise it's no longer gaining them an advantage.

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Why?

It's only weird because we aren't used to it. It's fvcking excellent though, we're ACTUALLY getting 90 minutes of football instead of watching hours of time wasting and the ball out of play. 

I love it as well because it means there's less time to wait until the next game as well when there's these 4-matches/day lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I love it as well because it means there's less time to wait until the next game as well when there's these 4-matches/day lol 

Of course the Premier League have come out already and said they won't be adopting it. 🙄.

One really positive thing from this World Cup and they've already dismissed it.

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That penalty literally gets given 99/100 in the Premier League wtf are you on about.

It's all a conspiracy  though innit against the Saudis!!!

FFS, some people need a day off from here!!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Raj said:

Anyone who doesnt want the Saudis to win this game definitely  has an agenda.

I was happy to hear they'd beat Argentina (was at work so couldn't watch that game) but I'm finding them fundamentally unlikeable today to be honest. 

They're an especially diving heavy, faking injury side. It's a shame because they're actually surprisingly good!

Having said that Poland should be out of site by now with those chances that hit the woodwork that were easier to hit the target.

Edited by DennisNedry

2 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

I was happy to hear they'd beat Argentina (was at work so couldn't watch that game) but I'm finding them fundamentally unlikeable today to be honest. 

They're an especially diving heavy, faking injury side. It's a shame because they're actually surprisingly good!

Are you watching a different game???

Whatever though...

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I think they're a little too "Middle Eastern" for our Dennis. 

Do you not think they're a particularly theatrical side? Aside from trying to engineer numerous penalties in addition to the one they got, they've been trying to get Cash sent off ever since his deserved yellow early doors.

I don't appreciate the implied racism jibe anyway. I loved Japan's comeback win against Germany and was really routing for Ghana against Portugal, especially after Ronaldo's dive.