Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group E: Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd be outraged by this comment but I've seen your taste in shirts 

You must agree, though?

The German kit is usually a bit of a masterpiece, but this one is tragic.

And the Spaniards should be in blue shorts. In fact, in blue shorts, with Raul up front, they win 3-1 tonight.

• Like 1

Germany showed why Spain are overrated. Get physical with them, engage, press and force them into mistakes - and conceding set pieces - and they are as vulnerable as every other team. Sit off them like Costa Rica did and they will kill you.

Japan not beating Costa Rica was complacency and caution on a criminal scale and it will cost them a place in the next round. Germany will crucify Costa Rica and Japan will not beat Spain. This group is done.

5 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Germany showed why Spain are overrated. Get physical with them, engage, press and force them into mistakes - and conceding set pieces - and they are as vulnerable as every other team. Sit off them like Costa Rica did and they will kill you.

Japan not beating Costa Rica was complacency and caution on a criminal scale and it will cost them a place in the next round. Germany will crucify Costa Rica and Japan will not beat Spain. This group is done.

Just wait when Japan top the group ahead of Costa Rica. Spain beat Costa Rica 7-0 but get knocked out.

This group is anything but over.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Just wait when Japan top the group ahead of Costa Rica. Spain beat Costa Rica 7-0 but get knocked out.

This group is anything but over.

If you're willing to back that up with a trip to the bookies, I'm sure the odds will be more than generous...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

You know Spain will beat Japan and Germany will beat Costa Rica, Germany will probably end up going deep in the tournament. :thumbdown:

Well someone has to pick up the mantle from Italy now that they didn't qualify

25 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Morata is one of those players who I must have underrated in the past. Still not sure.

Always thought he was awful and surprised at how’s he managed a career playing for the biggest clubs in the world and as Spain’s focal point

Fair play today though, a good finish and changed the game but not sold on him overall

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Interesting. The two brothers playing for the same club side but choosing to represent other nations - interesting stuff. Is there any precedent for this?

Less famous but Jonathan and Julian de Guzman. 

Both born in Canada with Julian playing for Canada and Jonathan playing for Netherlands.  

37 minutes ago, Iran said:

Bless. Do they think the cup is given to the team that scores most goals?

Also, Spain are the highest scoring team. Are, not is.

Although, oddly enough, 'which team is...' is perfectly okay. Aren't languages marvellous things?

Edited by Manley Farrington-Brown

23 hours ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Bless. Do they think the cup is given to the team that scores most goals?

Also, Spain are the highest scoring team. Are, not is.

Although, oddly enough, 'which team is...' is perfectly okay. Aren't languages marvellous things?

But Spain is one team, surely? 

Just now, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

It is. And so is Leicester. But did you think Leicester was going to win the league in 2016?

Is Man City the current champions?

Interesting. Now are you right, or is this simply a case of us having got used to it being wrong? 

I genuinely don't know. 

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Interesting. Now are you right, or is this simply a case of us having got used to it being wrong? 

I genuinely don't know. 

There will be some linguistic explanation for why it is so that is beyond my competence. But, unquestionably, in British English usage, 'are' is correct, as in 'Leicester are 2-1 up.' 'Leicester is 2-1 up' is wrong. But in America they use 'is' and it must be correct usage there. Like I say, languages are fun and fascinating things!