Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group E: Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan

14 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

They look better than Germany. Yet again the Germans could be in trouble of not getting out the group 

Stating the obvious, Spain were always favourites in this group and now Japan have catapulted themselves on the brink of qualification. Very likely that the last group games will be Spain vs Japan playing for top spot while Germany vs Costa Rica is a dead rubber.

Not sure where Spain rank overall, I didn't have them in my Top 4 but the way they are going about business, they could very well be a real contender. So far only England and Spain have shown any World Champion capability, maybe France too (although I have doubts about them).

36 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Stating the obvious, Spain were always favourites in this group and now Japan have catapulted themselves on the brink of qualification. Very likely that the last group games will be Spain vs Japan playing for top spot while Germany vs Costa Rica is a dead rubber.

Not sure where Spain rank overall, I didn't have them in my Top 4 but the way they are going about business, they could very well be a real contender. So far only England and Spain have shown any World Champion capability, maybe France too (although I have doubts about them).

You really can’t conclude anything as of yet. England, France and Spain have all dismantled opposition who they should be dismantling. Argentina and Germany were terrible. Brazil, Belgium and Portugal still to come. Even Netherlands eked out a game they could’ve lost. 

• Like 2

Feel for Costa Rica, the people are amazing and they're crazy about football.

Resources are severely limited and I guess they only get once in a generation world cups like 2014. Its a minor miracle they even manage to qualify for world cups even if it is one of the easiest federations to qualify from.

I really don’t want to say this game is very suspect to me iam looking at this Costa Rica side absolutely not interested in it what’s so ever there coach on the touch line actually laughing with someone I don’t get this disgusting iam sorry but maybe it’s me but I know Spain are good but something not right in this match for me not one Costa Rica player looks bothered slate me all you want I don’t put things on here to get reactions because iam not like that I very rarely post to be honest But just thought I would put it out there 

3 minutes ago, oxford fox said:

I really don’t want to say this game is very suspect to me iam looking at this Costa Rica side absolutely not interested in it what’s so ever there coach on the touch line actually laughing with someone I don’t get this disgusting iam sorry but maybe it’s me but I know Spain are good but something not right in this match for me not one Costa Rica player looks bothered slate me all you want I don’t put things on here to get reactions because iam not like that I very rarely post to be honest But just thought I would put it out there 

completely agree. With a bit of effort costa rica would have won that 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, oxford fox said:

I understand why you say this,  but suspect in what sense? Who benefits by making Costa Rica underperform? I just cannot see any logic in creating anything nefarious in this fixture.  :dunno:  Betting maybe?

4 minutes ago, oxford fox said:

Costa Rica limped through qualifying, sneaking into the play offs over the mighty Panama. They got past New Zealand in the play off thanks to some dubious officiating. They’re full of old, mediocre has beens or even never beens. They’re playing against players from the best leagues in Europe coached by the one of the best managers around. I’m surprised they kept it at 7 to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Costa Rica limped through qualifying, sneaking into the play offs over the mighty Panama. They got past New Zealand in the play off thanks to some dubious officiating. They’re full of old, mediocre has beens or even never beens. They’re playing against players from the best leagues in Europe coached by the one of the best managers around. I’m surprised they kept it at 7 to be honest. 

I went to NZ v CR qualifying game. The CR fans are very passionate and they brought plenty to Qatar for that game. I didn't watch the Spain game but for the sake of their fans at least who have travelled such a distance (again) they would not throw the match.

• Like 1