Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group E: Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Do hope this puts the Spain game in to context for some. I don't just mean on here. I've seen so many people dismiss Spain's performance against Costa Rica because of how bad Costa Rica were perceived to be. 

Said at the time Spain didn't get enough credit for making them look bad because of just how quick they were with and without the ball, just irresistible movement. 

Costa Rica shown today they're an alright defensive side. Stubborn, well organised, well drilled. Been too much for a "lesser" side to break down and their track record recently has been excellent defensively. 

Japan have come unstuck like loads of good counter attacking teams have over the years when they come up against a low block. It's not really that surprising. 

You could clearly see how good Spain were even against a poor Costa Rica. If you went back and watched it, I suspect you could count very easily how many times they took more than two touches on the ball because it wouldn't have been that many. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Well done to Costa Rica, that throws this group wide open.

I think it does the opposite. It means that Germany just have to hammer Costa Rica and they are through, regardless of what happens tonight against Spain because I don't see Spain dropping the ball whatsoever. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

You could clearly see how good Spain were even against a poor Costa Rica. If you went back and watched it, I suspect you could count very easily how many times they took more than two touches on the ball because it wouldn't have been that many. 

It was honestly one of the best team performances I've seen in years especially at international. I've not stopped raving about it since lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

That ****ing Carling advert is back. One of the many reasons why ITV should be banned from football.

Would rather that than pay £70 per month, still have to put up with the adverts, and listen to the pundits shoehorn in a conversation about Liverpool or Manchester United every 5 minutes on Sky.

27 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I think it does the opposite. It means that Germany just have to hammer Costa Rica and they are through, regardless of what happens tonight against Spain because I don't see Spain dropping the ball whatsoever. 

Spain will almost certainly win the group but second place is anyone's guess. I wouldn't rule Japan out of getting anything v Spain if they've won the group.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Germany's luck is beyond sickening. That's them likely through.

Don't worry, we'll mess it up. What would sum us up is if we beat Spain tonight only to lose to Costa Rica!

I think Spain will win tonight, probably comfortably and then relax against Japan as pretty much guaranteed top spot.