Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Well I think I’ve seen enough from Canada to suggest they will give both Croatia and Morocco a game, they’re certainly not out of it yet.

On the flip side, nothing in this Belgian side makes me think they are genuine contenders to win the cup.

Still very early on and difficult to say.

Teams often have poor starts and grow in to the tournament. 

Spain in 2010.

Likewise, other sides peak too early and fizzle out.

Still anyones at the minute.

• Like 3

Just now, tom27111 said:

Spain in 2010.

I would agree, however, watching this Belgian side they look to have a lot of holes in the back line better teams will walk through and looked poor going forwards. KDB looks well off the pace and Hazard not really upto it.

All my quality analysis there means this post will be quoted after the final, so go and stick a tenner on Belgium to win it 😂 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

I have learned the hard way missing a penalty for the gurdwara team as a youngster.  Non-stop yelling of "panchod" "kutha" "haramjatha" etc from the sidelines

I played for dixie back in the day it was horrendous for that ish.

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Spain in 2010.

I don't think it's Costa Ricas.

I was really impressed by Canada. I think they completely out played Belgium, and ought to have gotten a result out of the game. Hopefully they can bring that intensity to Croatia and Morocco, and still find a way to get out of the group.

They were excellent in world cup qualifying and the world got to see that massive improvement today. From being a third tier Concacaf team to going toe-to-toe Belgium. John Herdman deserves a lot of credit. Though Canada has a handful of really good players, they definitely play like a team that's greater than the sum of their parts. They play a lot of different formations and are comfortable playing a lot of different styles, sometimes even within the same game. Perhaps he deserves some serious consideration for big jobs on the international level. England maybe??? 😂

It's crazy to think, if not for the pandemic (and the change of the qualifying format), this team would have been left out of the final round of qualifying. I think, especially with the expansion of the world cup to 48 teams, Canada is going to be a much more regular fixture on the global landscape. 

• Like 2