Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia

6 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

The issue is the TV producers are privy to the comms between VAR and the referee (only when the line of communication is opened between VAR and referee), they just don’t share the information to commentators which then doesn’t make it to the audience. 

They just don’t trust fans do they at  games ..

No idea why it cannot be communicated to people on TV at least .

Taylor was made to look like the fall guy there. 

I was fairly surprised he was asked to check an offside, but it did make sense when you think it's not to check an offside (which the SAOT can do), it's to check for the interference. 

I guess it helps with clarity to the players for the referee to explain a) who is offside and b) the specific reason why it's disallowed. 

If only fans watching at home could be in on the comms instead of having to listen to overly-critical and overly-incredulous commentators muddying the waters even more... 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

The issue is the TV producers are privy to the comms between VAR and the referee (only when the line of communication is opened between VAR and referee), they just don’t share the information to commentators which then doesn’t make it to the audience. 

And this will only work when fans and commentators get the same message at the same time. 

Too many times on Sky/BT the commentators were getting the message and giving the outcome before the referee had even made the signal for the decision. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

only fans watching at home could be in on the comms instead of having to listen to overly-critical and overly-incredulous commentators muddying the waters even more... 

This is everything for me. Like I'm watching the BBC at half time and I want to throw things at the TV. They're being absurd, they're looking to drum up controversy and broadcasters have been doing it since it first got implemented. 

But 100000% I agree that we should be able to hear the conversation between the video refs. It would do two things, firstly it would help I think the fans at home have some tolerance and patience and understanding for what's happening but also the transparency would bring trust. 

As the old saying goes if they're not doing anything wrong they've not got anything to worry about. 

I know I bang on about "iN rUgBy... " all the time and it probably gets boring but being able to hear the refs talk to the TMO in rugby makes such a big difference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Belgium have lacked any kind of aggression and passion at all. If anything at all Wout gives you that in abundance. I kind of hope they get stuffed tonight, just to prove that Martinez is an absolute clown. 

Performances which are eerily similar to Denmark. Wonder if any meaningful parallels can be draen? (Yes, still looking for answers after yesterday)

• Like 1

Just now, RoboFox said:

He's been absolutely hopeless TBF. Got dragged at half time in their second game, didn't he? 

Yeah but look  at who he's been dropped for, I'd take Youri at 50% over those 2.

Also, Trossard lone forward WTF.

And no Faes:nono:

**** Belgium, they can go out.

24 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I went full 180 on the idea. The way they described it working sounded wonderful. The implementation is horrible. Their should be no need for pitch side screens if it's being implemented correctly.

It should be a simple black and white call that can be made within 10 seconds of the replays being available.

I've never understood how we went from a trial period, where it was largely a shambles, to it being a permanent fixture.

So much of football is subjective. I've said this for years but officials disagree with each other on decisions, it's often an officials own interpretation of an incident. So inconsistency is a total inevitability, as proven by the last few years where we've had it. Basically the cons outweigh the pros and they're always going to. They will keep changing the rules to try and suit it but I really hope one day they just accept it's never going to be perfect. But sadly I fear we're stuck with this forever.

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

He's been absolutely hopeless TBF. Got dragged at half time in their second game, didn't he? 

Tielemans must be in the first XI. He was exceptional in all previous Belgium games leading to the WC. Praet must also be in the squad. Martinez has lost the dressing room with his decisions and tactics. Look how this team is set up by him! Even a 12 year would have this kind of team playing better. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I wish I could remember which one of you lot said Kramaric was a league one player at best 😂 even for this place that was a stunningly stupid comment.

There are players suitable for certain leagues. We won the PL without Kramaric. Yes he's a decent striker and Bundesliga is a different league for strikers. He's not alone in Hoffenheim and Croatia, both teams have good midfielders. The guy has Modric there.