Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Ham (A) - Match Thread (12/11/2022)

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

That penalty has been coming for ages. 

There was a graphic when he took one against Tottenham. He sticks 100% of his penalties in exactly the same spot. 

You can't do that and expect top flight goalkeepers not to catch on. They clearly do their research. 

He’s never missed one for us, but that includes scoring one against West Ham last year so probably went same side.

Edited by when_you're_smiling

Just now, Finnegan said:

That penalty has been coming for ages. 

There was a graphic when he took one against Tottenham. He sticks 100% of his penalties in exactly the same spot. 

You can't do that and expect top flight goalkeepers not to catch on. They clearly do their research. 

I was thinking the same. Incredible that a player of his talent does not switch it up every now and then to at least keep the opposition guessing.

Just now, Sampson said:

I remember a couple where he’s done piss poor penalties which got saved but he was lucky the keeper was slightly off his line so he got to retake even when the keeper would’ve saved it. I definitely trust Vardy way more 

A couple? When? Do you mean... one? I think Vardy is a bit bloody wayward with them to be honest

Just now, shen said:

I was thinking the same. Incredible that a player of his talent does not switch it up every now and then to at least keep the opposition guessing.

Or now keepers have a dilemma as to whether he will change given he's now missed one. Rather he'd have scored but it's pure psychology.

Just now, when_you're_smiling said:

He’s never missed one for us, but that includes one against West Ham last year so probably went same side.

Yeah but that's sort of my point isn't it. Eventually you keep doing the same thing over and over it's going to get worked out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bongo92 said:

Admittedly I’m watching a little stream, but Daka looked clean through? Surely it was a red? Unless the angle was tight?

Did Dawson make a genuine play for the ball? If so, it'll only be a yellow. 

• Like 1