Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Ham (A) - Match Thread (12/11/2022)

Putting aside the miss, the run Daka made to win that penalty was excellent. He's starting to learn to make more intelligent moves off the last man relative to the level we're at. Clearly learning from Vardy, long may it continue. :appl:

That was really frustrating. Ref should have given the penalty straightaway rather than rely on VAR. He had a good view. Fabian ski always saves to his right so thought tielemans would go to his left. Otherwise some good stuff. Amartey turning into beckenbauer. Thomas was fine and quite composed. Maddison injury is very worrying but hopefully it is not serious. Can’t take risks with him. Daka is rapid but doesn’t have the fottballing nous or bit of aggression that Vardy has. Still we are 0-1 up. Go again. 

• Like 1

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Not sure why Thomas is getting a bit of shit? Admittedly hard to concentrate when I have my two young kids getting in the way but not seen him do too much wrong. 

Defensively he's not been bad, but he's given the ball away a few times, and he's done it under no pressure as well.

4 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I can see Evans on in a back 3 on 60 mins for some reason...

I wouldn’t even wait that long. Same tactics as against Man City from half-time. More chance of hitting them on the break if we encourage them forward and defend with the same intent as that day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Isn't it something about making an attempt to play the ball? Or summat. 

Yes it is but he's not going for the ball and you can see it from all replay angles. Dawson goes almost 2 footed there. I'm not going to even mention that initially he had already tried to pull Daka down from the shirt. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

How can you tell it doesn't make a difference, I'd argue it's a lot easier to dive if you start making a movement off the line prior to it being kicked. 

Because it was right at the keeper at a comfortable height and he barely had to dive, rather than stretch to one side. It was a ****ing awful penalty at a simple height for the keeper and we got lucky the keeper was half a yard off his line. Even worse than his penalty today. 

I sincerely suggest you watch that penalty back if you think it was a good penalty and he only didn’t score because the keeper was half a yard off his line. It was an awful peno

I’m surprised people genuinely think Tielemans is a good penalty taker

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1