Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Ham (A) - Match Thread (12/11/2022)

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not sure why Thomas is getting a bit of shit? Admittedly hard to concentrate when I have my two young kids getting in the way but not seen him do too much wrong. 

The odd minor mistake but not remotely being bossed and tbf Bowen is a good player who must be a proper pain in the arse to defend against

Just now, jim5000 said:

Id rather see him at the World Cup than risking a further injury against these West Ham cloggers.

I’d rather just see him doing what he’s paid to do …. ‘resting’ him cus he’s in the England squad ain’t right for me ..  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Because it was right at the keeper at a comfortable height and he barely had to dive, rather than stretch to one side. It was a ****ing awful penalty at a simple height for the keeper and we got lucky the keeper was half a yard off his line. Even worse than his penalty today. 

I’m surprised people genuinely think Tielemans is a good penalty taker

Wasn't that his first 'real' miss for us today. Yeah we got lucky the keeper broke the rules, like when folk say lucky it was offside or even when people say saved by the woodwork.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Because it was right at the keeper at a comfortable height and he barely had to dive, rather than stretch to one side. It was a ****ing awful penalty at a simple height for the keeper and we got lucky the keeper was half a yard off his line. Even worse than his penalty today. 

I sincerely suggest you watch that penalty back if you think it was a good penalty and he only didn’t score because the keeper was half a yard off his line. It was an awful peno

I’m surprised people genuinely think Tielemans is a good penalty taker

You seem to have remembered hypothetical ones he's missed so I'm not sure your judgement is trustworthy here tbh

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Wasn't that his first 'real' miss for us today. Yeah we got lucky the keeper broke the rules, like when folk say lucky it was offside or even when people say saved by the woodwork.

It’s not comparable at all. Your examples are an example of attacking play not cutting it this is an example of defensive play not cutting it - the luck part was in the defending not thee attacking This was still an example of very poor penalty taking technique.

I’m genuinely surprised otherwise intelligent people are arguing against a poor penalty not being an indication of a poor penalty just because it had to be retaken. It’s still an indicator of his penalty taking technique and of course it should be factored in as to whether he or Vardy should be taking the penalties.

I can guarantee our data analysis team will still look at it and consider it 

Edited by Sampson

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

It’s not comparable at all. Your examples are an example of attacking play not cutting it this is an example of defensive play not cutting it - the luck part was in the defending not thee attacking This was still an example of very poor penalty taking technique.

I’m genuinely surprised otherwise intelligent people are arguing against a poor penalty not being an indication of a poor penalty just because it had to be retaken. It’s still an indicator of his penalty taking technique and of course it should be factored in as to whether he or Vardy should be taking the penalties.

Pal you said you remembered multiple misses from him when in actual fact he missed one and that was thanks to encroachment, from which he scored the retake. It's fine to say today's pen was shite but by and large he's been a very confident penalty taker for us. Just stop digging because you're basing this argument on memories that don't exist

• Like 2

Just now, Sampson said:

Completely hypothetical though, you're assuming a keeper would have still saved it. So the statistics show his conversion rate is actually very good, when looking at 'actual' penalties that stood.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Credit where its due Praet was really good against Leeds, gave us a better shape, important width. 

He's been absolutely anonymous since coming on today. Offered nothing. 

missing out on the Belgium squad probably is having an effect on the performance compared to Leeds

• Like 1