Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Ham (A) - Match Thread (12/11/2022)

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I’m surprised Brendan hasn’t brought Evans and N’didi….. I hope this doesn’t turn out to be one of those, should have tweaked the formation games….

I think he's made the right call to stick with what has been so successful recently. Keep the momentum going.

Would have been very easy to just bring Evans/Ndidi back in, but they have to earn their place back.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Scamacca a holding midfielder? Is that a mistake? Must be right 

Swap Rice with Benrahma, Bowen with Scamacca and then Bowen with Soucek and it should be about right!

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I think he's made the right call to stick with what has been so successful recently. Keep the momentum going.

Would have been very easy to just bring Evans/Ndidi back in, but they have to earn their place back.

Also, what's the point of working them back into the squad the game before a six week break?

I mean, I think they are first choices subs (maybe Mendy ahead of Ndidi), but there's no need to rush them.

I am happy Thomas looks to get a run of games, rather than the gaffer trying to change the formation, which would have killed momentum.

I am strangely confident, although that never bodes well...

Shameless self-promotion: I am hosting a pub quiz at the 1852 Brewery Co. in Wigston on Sunday Nov. 13 at 8pm. C'mon down.

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m surprised Brendan hasn’t brought Evans and N’didi….. I hope this doesn’t turn out to be one of those, should have tweaked the formation games….

It's likely to be a bit physical so I think he made the right choice. Evans has slowed right down and Amartey has been doing ok in there.

Soumare over Ndidi is a choice of better ball control over Wilfs defensive skills. Youri has been getting well stuck in lately so agin I think BR got it right.

Give the Evans and Wilf a chance to ease back in. Time will tell

4 minutes ago, KingKoala said:

Barnes will have tough time going forward with Thomas behind.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Barnes gave 2 different West Ham right backs ptsd back in February in the 2-2 at home where he had Thomas behind him for 60 minutes.

• Like 1