Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Ham (A) - Match Thread (12/11/2022)

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Pal you said you remembered multiple misses from him when in actual fact he missed one and that was thanks to encroachment, from which he scored the retake. It's fine to say today's pen was shite but by and large he's been a very confident penalty taker for us. Just stop digging because you're basing this argument on memories that don't exist

If it was due to encroachment that’s worse then surely? My memory is it was retaken because the keeper was very slightly off his line.

Maybe I misremembered a 2nd, but I’m absolutely not digging. It was an awful penalty and that means 2 on his last 3, out of his what? 5 or 6 he’s taken for us?

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Completely hypothetical though, you're assuming a keeper would have still saved it. So the statistics show his conversion rate is actually very good, when looking at 'actual' penalties that stood.

Again - the data analysis team will 100% watch all the penalties when deciding who is on penalties. Just ignoring one and saying it’s not worth considering and only the raw stastistics are worth considering is not sensible at all 

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

We need more physicality in midfield, we’re getting bullied and run over. Perfect change for me.

The problem lies with no outlet so we keep losing the ball. It's screaming for Nacho to hold the ball up (which he is one of our best in doing so) 

Just now, Sampson said:

If it was due to encroachment that’s worse then surely? My memory is it was retaken because the keeper was very slightly off his line.

Maybe I misremembered a 2nd, but I’m absolutely not digging. It was an awful penalty and that means 2 on his last 3, out of his what? 5 or 6 he’s taken for us?

Again - the data analysis team will 100% watch all the penalties when deciding who is on penalties. Just ignoring one and saying it’s not worth considering and only the raw stastistics are worth considering is not sensible at all 

You enjoy your evening brother because we're boring everyone else and you're incorrect.

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

what and you think we won’t replace them and stick with what we’ve got 

I know it's such a stupid post, sure I've seen it earlier on in the match thread as well!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Why does a penalty taken become worse if there's encroachment?

Here's his penalty record.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/youri-tielemans/elfmetertore/spieler/249565/saison_id//wettbewerb_id//plus/1#tore

Scored 24 in his career. 7 of them being for Leicester.

Missed 4 in his career. Today's being the latest one. And the last one he missed was over 5 years ago.

• Like 2

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

You enjoy your evening brother because we're boring everyone else and you're incorrect

It’s fine if we’re boring everyone else, I’ll stop, but I’m obviously not incorrect . The data analysis will of course consider a retaken penalty  alongside all others when deciding Tielemams penalty taking technique  . Genuinely surprised  a normally intelligent is arguing against that. Utterly baffled by your argument  it should just be not considered and our analysis team should 100% ignore it as it shows nothing about his penalty taking technique, but ok.

It was my bad that brother, I meant the keeper coming off his line, not encroachment!

Just now, StanSP said:

Why does a penalty taken become worse if there's encroachment?

Here's his penalty record.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/youri-tielemans/elfmetertore/spieler/249565/saison_id//wettbewerb_id//plus/1#tore

Scored 24 in his career. 7 of them being for Leicester.

Missed 4 in his career. Today's being the latest one. And the last one he missed was over 5 years ago.

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

They obviously aren't that arsed as he's still on them when Vardy isn't on the pitch, they can probably acknowledge that a miss when a keeper is off his line probably isn't the best way to gauge his ability.