Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

MK Dons Away (Carabao Cup) Date TBC Pre-Match Thread

13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Another situation where almost our entire first choice defence probably won't be available. Ward, Castagne, Faes and Amartey will have been at the World Cup while JJ is out, Ricardo is still recovering and might not be fit yet and Cags is MIA.

Iverson, Albrighton, Soyuncu, Vestergaard, Thomas?

Or something like that?

Edited by slymunn
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Another situation where almost our entire first choice defence probably won't be available. Ward, Castagne, Faes and Amartey will have been at the World Cup while JJ is out, Ricardo is still recovering and might not be fit yet and Cags is MIA.

Unless they finish top four, and have to play in the final/third-place match, I don't think any World Cup players will be out of contention. They aren't getting a two week vacation, like in the summer. Functionally, it works like a mid-season international break. They come back and play. 

I don't think Ghana is going to make it past the quarters, so assuming Belgium and England get to the semis, and those players aren't available...

Iverson

Albrighton Evans Amartey Thomas

KDH  Ndidi 

Praet

Perez  Vardy  Barnes

Also, I am actually thinking of going to this one! I have never been to an away game before. I am guessing there are coaches, etc? Do they cost a lot? 

Shameless self-promotion: I am hosting a pub quiz at the 1852 Brewery Co. in Wigston on Sunday Nov. 13 at 8pm. C'mon down.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Unless they finish top four, and have to play in the final/third-place match, I don't think any World Cup players will be out of contention. They aren't getting a two week vacation, like in the summer. Functionally, it works like a mid-season international break. They come back and play. 

I don't think Ghana is going to make it past the quarters, so assuming Belgium and England get to the semis, and those players aren't available...

Iverson

Albrighton Evans Amartey Thomas

KDH  Ndidi 

Praet

Perez  Vardy  Barnes

Also, I am actually thinking of going to this one! I have never been to an away game before. I am guessing there are coaches, etc? Do they cost a lot? 

Shameless self-promotion: I am hosting a pub quiz at the 1852 Brewery Co. in Wigston on Sunday Nov. 13 at 8pm. C'mon down.

If Ghana make the final your whole premise is ****ed!

45 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

If Ghana make it to the final, 1) Use Cags instead of Amartey, 2) I will walk down the street naked singing their national anthem.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Even if players play in the QF they'll be back a week plus before this game.

So our options are Iverson, Amartey, Soyuncu - he played recently, but had a sore knee so isn't MIA, Evans, Thomas. With Ndidi or Albrighton also capable at the back.

Add in Vardy, KDH, Barnes, Perez and I'd like to think we can field a strong team.

50 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

3 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

If Ghana make it to the final, 1) Use Cags instead of Amartey, 2) I will walk down the street naked singing their national anthem.

We should be the first to never dismiss the impossible being possible but, I think, it's definitely a long shot.

Potential for a 4th consecutive season where we've reached a semi-final of some sort.

It's a competition we should take seriously and despite the upturn in form, still our most likely route into Europe next season. Especially with some of the big guns out/going out.

That said, I don't expect any of the World Cup players to be involved. But given the team we do have at home, we should be strong enough to beat these lot. I'd like to see Vardy AND Iheanacho start.

9 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think you’re pretty safe to keep your pants on but more importantly how did the pub quiz go that you’ve been shamelessly self promoting for weeks now?!

This is a great opportunity to progress to the last 8  and with Liverpool playing Man.City , there is a real incentive to go all out to get to the final. Everyone is beatable  and how fantastic would it be for Vardy and  Albrighton to get the full set?. They'll never have a better chance.

• Like 3