Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

MK Dons Away (Carabao Cup) Date TBC Pre-Match Thread

17 minutes ago, Livid said:

Honestly there’s not much around there other than a retail park. I think it’s nearer Bletchley than Milton Keynes. 

I went to a gig there a few years ago managed to find a pub in the middle of nowhere, no idea how to find it again. 

Hmm. Maybe we’ll just go the spoons in MK. 

4 hours ago, Burbagefox89 said:

Alves is definitely on the bus as are a few others from the under 23’s having been withdrawn from the Porto game this evening. Let’s hope some of them are given a few minutes to show what they can do

Interesting, he wasn't in any of the pre match videos but Braybrooke and McAteer were.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Hmm. Maybe we’ll just go the spoons in MK. 

Best place to go is MK Hub - loads of bars and restaurants in a big square - then get an uber or cab from there to ground - like 7 mins away - loads about as well 

On 18/12/2022 at 20:01, tom27111 said:

I'll be in IKEA from about 4. 

Cracking selection of beers, ciders and spirits. Plus the hot dogs are dirt cheap.

3 minute walk to the stadium, across Asda car park, where you can stop off for more beer if you fancy it.

Is this real? Ikea as a football pub, or just a nice place to have a beer and cheap food?

I'm in!

38 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Yes, but TBF, it will struggle to be better than the final??

The final was a bit over hyped for me - It wasn't a patch of Leicester 5 - Manu 3 or the great Swindon games of the 80's or Leicester 4 - Leeds 3 in 1989 or so

Possibly I think that because I'm not emotionally involved  

If anyone looking for traditional pub for drink and bite to eat prior to the game then there are a couple of pubs in Fenny Stratford high st.

The Maltsters Arms and The Ball and Butcher. There is also a pub called The Red Lion just out of Fenny High st and sits next to the canal.

If you are arriving by train into Bletchley, there is replacement bus service from outside the station with first stop Fenny Stratford (about 5 min journey) Think bus runs only every hour, so if not scheduled you can get a taxi.  Not sure where bus will

drop you but if outside Fenny Stratford station, turn left and its a few minutes walk you come to double mini roundabout. If you go right into Fenny Stratford Hight St. (Aylesbury Street) a little way up The Maltsters Arms on the right and Bull and Butcher on your left.

If  you go left at mini roundabouts onto (Simpson Road) walk over the level crossing then right onto Lock View Lane, The Red Lion (a 10 min walk)

Fenny Stratford is about a 25 min walk back to MK Dons Stadium down Watling Street.

Me and my lad will be in the Red Lion, hope some of you make it. COYB

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

The final was a bit over hyped for me - It wasn't a patch of Leicester 5 - Manu 3 or the great Swindon games of the 80's or Leicester 4 - Leeds 3 in 1989 or so

Possibly I think that because I'm not emotionally involved  

"Leicester City virtue signallers assemble" 

Stop pretending you didn't love the world cup, you have been sports washed and you love it.

• Like 1

I get it, and I know it's part of the culture, but the fact there's a good 50% of this thread dedicated to desperately trying to find somewhere to booze is a bit.... sad?

...awaits pelters lol 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I get it, and I know it's part of the culture, but the fact there's a good 50% of this thread dedicated to desperately trying to find somewhere to booze is a bit.... sad?

...awaits pelters lol 

I’m baffled most folk can’t Google or have a little search themselves to be honest.