Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

MK Dons Away (Carabao Cup) Date TBC Pre-Match Thread

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Not like there is a load of history or culture to the place to go and see either is there.

Some nice parks and lakes though 🤣

If they had low allocations, it would be up as there is one of the most disliked away trips - middle of nothing interesting, direct rail link is a pain 

Edited by CosbehFox

54 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

First pelter incoming!

If people were just looking for somewhere to booze then they'd be asking for the nearest off licence to the ground. Going to the pub before an away game, and specifically finding one with plenty of fellow fans in, is part of UK football culture always has and always will. It doesn't mean, like I think you're implying, that everyone is a desperate alcoholic!

Like I said, I get it, just the dominance of it in a pre match thread I find a bit mad

39 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

It's a bit sad on your part that you feel the need to post such guff.

I've barely said anything to warrant that reaction, I said I get it's part of the culture.

Just its dominance in this thread seems a bit much. Especially after a trouble free, booze free winter world cup.... Including a real reduction in people going out to watch it in this country, which in Nottinghams case meant no one got their taxi smashed to pieces lol 

I like a drink don't get me wrong, but the amount of people who still have to go to the football blind drunk (and then moan about ticket prices HA) is crazy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Not like there is a load of history or culture to the place to go and see either is there.

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

It is one of the most bland, characterless places in the UK.

Concrete cows, roundabouts, IKEA, the MK bowl.

What's not to like? :dunno:

Bletchley has a huge railway depot and the Reading rooms which was exactly halfway London to Brum for the trains,Very interesting and a stop off for Q Victoria to take a break on the trip .Go down the A5 rather than M1 and there is all manner of canal and transport history