Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Fans in attendance

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

So much for it be a struggle about getting tickets. Departing fans withstanding, the upper tier was full of empty seats in the first half. 

They claimed a crowd of 67k in a stadium they had previously advertised as holding 60k 

They've got to beat the traffic! 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

So much for it be a struggle about getting tickets. Departing fans withstanding, the upper tier was full of empty seats in the first half. 

They claimed a crowd of 67k in a stadium they had previously advertised as holding 60k 

Was there ever a struggle for tickets? They seem to be very freely available. I got a message on WhatsApp 10 mins ago asking if I ‘fancied’ going to Ghana v Uruguay or the first semi final. This is a World Cup…

Not sure if the right thread for this but does anyone know what happens to all the stadiums after the WC has finished?

Surely Qatar doesn't need 8 new stadiums on-going so do they get dismantled/reused or something?

Can't see how sustainable all this infrastructure is for such a small country.

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Not sure if the right thread for this but does anyone know what happens to all the stadiums after the WC has finished?

Surely Qatar doesn't need 8 new stadiums on-going so do they get dismantled/reused or something?

Can't see how sustainable all this infrastructure is for such a small country.

One of them is made from shipping containers and being taken to s America afterwards ?

Just now, st albans fox said:

One of them is made from shipping containers and being taken to s America afterwards ?

Yeah, I've just found an article on it all actually. Some interesting quotes...

https://www.thenationalnews.com/weekend/2022/11/18/how-qatar-plans-to-breathe-new-life-into-its-stadiums-after-world-cup/

Lusail Stadium, this year's tournament's biggest with a capacity of 80,000, will host the World Cup final, but never see another game of international football. Designed by architects Foster+Partners, the huge golden bowl will have most of its seats stripped away and be repurposed for shops, cafes and possibly a school and health clinics. 

The new stadiums alone have a price tag estimated at $10 billion, or an average of $1.25 billion each, Hassan Al Thawadi, the Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy's secretary general, said in 2016. It also means the cost for each day of use for a single stadium in what is only a four-week competition is a staggering $357 million. 

31 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Was there ever a struggle for tickets? They seem to be very freely available. I got a message on WhatsApp 10 mins ago asking if I ‘fancied’ going to Ghana v Uruguay or the first semi final. This is a World Cup…

According to our man on the ground yes 

38 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

It took me two weeks of practically sitting on the crappy fifa site 24/7 to get tickets but perseverance paid in the end 

Went to Qatar for the England Brazil friendly back in 2009. It was great fun and as you can see no problem in the hotel pubs with alcohol and everyone was up for a laugh.even the locals wanted a pic with my flag.  It’s moved on in the last 14 years. Be interesting with the feedback from those of us going out there compared to the media scaremongering. 

31AEA676-AB91-4C23-8A3C-D2A299A676B4.jpeg

F758675C-5D54-4479-BA34-C0DDF0BA4496.jpeg

C2C109E6-53C8-4F3B-BA68-0218635467B0.jpeg

BD799DE7-A154-481C-9957-11E8185E1CF2.jpeg

• Like 2

Ffs all those moaning about not being able to have a beer during the game, you can have one before and after. Says more about the individual who moans of 'f4ck that I ain't going to that place that don't serve a beer during the game' than anything else. Kinda like those fans too drunk and coked up to understand what's going on in the game and only there for a fight. Just enjoy the football! 

For those going to the  Qatar sombody kindly posted this on Facebook.

THE ULTIMATE QATAR DRINKING GUIDE!

So its taken me quite a while to put this together with so many places chaning their deals or announcing lots of last minute things. Here is a list of the best happy hours, drink/brunch deals around. I am 90% sure this is correct as I've either been told direclty by the bars what they are doing or they have advertised it.

I will try to keep this updated at least over the next week or so as I imagine more deals will come to light once the tournament starts. If you see or hear of any other deals I can also add them. I have all this in a word document too so if you want a copy to save on your phones just send me a DM. 

BARS SHOWING FOOTBALL (With Happy Hours)

- The Red Lion (Al Mansour Suites) Happy Hour all day every day. Beers from QR 28.

3 drinks for QR 99 / 6 drinks for QR 175

Open 12pm-2am

- Shots (Hilton) Daily Happy Hour. 4pm-7pm, 30% off (Outside)

- Tahitian Village. Daily Happy Hour. 4pm-7pm (Outside)

- Claw BBQ (Hilton Double Tree Old Town) Happy Hour Sun-Thurs 12pm-4pm. Beers from QR 28

5 bottles of beer with 1 appetiser (from a selection of 3) QR 180

Entry fee QR 150 (deducted from bill)

- Hamiltons (Sedra Arjaan) 1 hour Happy Hour before each match. Beers from QR 32 (Non happy hour beers from QR 45 or 5 beers for QR 195) Open until midnight (Outside)

BARS SHOWING FOOTBALL (With Drink Deals)

- Matchbox (Al Messila Resort) QR 200 entry fee (to be given back as credit). All food and drinks QR 40 (beer, wine, spirits, cocktails) (Outside)

- O’Glacee (Al Wadi) Mon & Weds BBQ night. 6pm-midnight. QR 280 with 3 drinks. Open until 3am (Outside)

Taco Tuesday/ 6pm-midnight. QR 150 for 3 tacos, churros & 1 beer

- The Irish Bar (Best Western Plus) Beer deals. Open 12pm-2am

- The Mezze House (Centara) Beer bucket deals (Outside)

- The House (Dusit) 5 beers for QR 150

- StrEAT Culture (Hilton Double Tree Al Sadd) Burger & Beer QR 99. All day Sunday and during matches. 12pm-3am

- Hive Aussie (Intercontinental The City) Bucker of 5 beers, fries & onion rings QR 199. Top up with bucket of 5 beers QR 159.

3 hours all you can eat & drink match package QR 469

- Aviary Night Club (Magnum Hotel) 5 beers or spirits or glasses of wine QR 200. Open 12am-Late

- Satsuma Asian Bistro (Magnum Hotel) 5 beers or spirits for QR 200. Unlimited drinks for 3 hours QR 400

- Shamrock Tavern (Magnum Hotel) 4 pints or house spirits with mixers or bottle of wine or 5 beer bottles QR 200. Beers from QR39

- Shehrazad Lounge & Bar (Raddison Blu) Bucket of 6 beers QR 200. No reservations, first come first serve. Open 11pm-2am

- The Cabana Hop Garden (Raddison Blu) QR 200 entry fee (to be given back as credit). No reservations, first come first serve. Bucket of 6 cans QR 230. Bucket of 8 cans QR 300. Open 11am-1am (Outside)

- Qube (Raddison Blu) Bucket of 6 beers QR 200. Open 12pm-2am

BARS SHOWING FOOTBALL (With Brunches, all you can Eat and Drink Deals. Prices include unlimited drinks)

- The Red Lion (Al Mansour Suites) Friday Brunch. 12pm-3pm or 1pm-4pm. QR 250 (or QR 350 with premium beverages)

- O’Glacee (Al Wadi) Saturday Mediterranean Brunch. 12pm-4pm. QR 400. (Outside)

- Tahitian Village (Hilton) Friday/Saturday/Sunday Brunch. 1pm-4pm. QR 350 (Outside)

- StrEAT Culture (Hilton Double Tree Al Sadd) Friday & Saturday Liquid Brunch (with food platter) 1pm-4pm QR 299

- The House (Dusit) Elixir Late Friday Brunch. 5pm-7:30pm. QR 199

- West 48 (Dusit Suites) Saturday Roast (Starting from Nov 26). 1pm-5pm. Prices start from QR 298

- Choices (Hyatt Regency) Cosmopolitan Brunch. 1pm-4pm. QR 445

- Ipanema (Marriott Marquis) Friday Rio Carnival Brunch. 12pm-4pm. QR 525

Sabadao Saturday Brunch. 12pm-4pm. QR 395 (Prices subject to change on Brazil match days)

- Bubbalicious (Westin) Friday Brunch. 12:30pm-4pm. QR 480. 20% off for Marriott Bonvoy members (Outside)

BARS SHOWING FOOTBALL (No Deals, but no entrance fees or minimum spend)

- C.Mondo (Centro Capital) 5pm-2am. Beers from QR 40

- The Hangout Pub (Grand Regal)

- The Den (JW Marriott Marquis) 6pm-3am

- Public House (Marsa Malaz Kempinski) (Outside)

- Football Terrace (Pullman) (Outside)

- The Score (Pullman) Open until 3am

- Irish Harp (Sheraton) 5pm-2am. Beers from QR 45

- Wham (W Hotel) 12pm-3am (Outside)

BARS SHOWING FOOTBALL (Awaiting info on any deals, packages, entrance fees etc)

- Krossroads (Best Western Plus)

- Dunes Bar (Grand Hyatt)

- Monkey Tale, Beachsideb football viewing (Grand Hyatt) (Outside)

- Balia (Horizon Manor)

- The Belgium Café (Intercontinental) (Outside)

- The GOAT (Le Meridien)

- Aqua View Sports Lounge (Saraya Corniche)

- Krossroads Wakra (Time Rako)

BARS NOT SHOWING FOOTBALL (With Happy Hours / Drink Deals)

- Trader Vics (Hilton Salwa) Daily Happy Hour. 4pm-6pm. Free shuttle bus from city to resort. (Outside)

- The Red Bar (New Blue Rose Hotel) Daily Happy Hour 5pm-9pm

- Bubbles on Two (Raddison Blu) Bucket of 6 beers QR 200

- Orion (Raddison Blu) Bucket of 6 beers QR 200

- Rock City (Strato Hotel) Daily Happy Hour 5pm-8pm

- Tavern Lounge (Strato Hoel) Daily Happy Hour 12pm-8pm

- The Flame (The Avenue, a Murwab Hotel). Daily Happy Hour 5pm-9pm

BARS NOT SHOWING FOOTBALL (With Brunches, all you can Eat and Drink Deals. Prices include unlimited drinks)

- Dalchini (Centara) Friday Brunch. 12pm-4:30pm. QR 249

- Thai Kitchen (Centara) Thursday night buffet. 6:30pm-10:30pm. QR 179 including 2 hours of unlimited wine.

Burger & Beer. Friday-Wednesday, 12pm-11pm. QR 99

- Broadway Brasserie (Double Tree Al Sadd) Friday Brunch. 1pm-5pm. QR 399

- BBQ & Hooch by the Pool (Dusit) Thursday & Fridays. 7pm-11pm. QR 399. (Outside)

- SoCal BBQ (Grand Hyatt) Thursdays. 6pm-10pm. QR 320. (Outside)

- Trader Vics (Hilton Salwa) Friday & Saturday Brunch. 1pm-4pm. QR 355. Free beach access and shuttle bus from city to resort. (Outside)

- Cucina (Marriott Marquis) Friday Brunch. 12pm-4pm. QR 400

- Bubbalicious (Westin) Friday Brunch. 12:30pm-4pm. QR 480. 20% off for Marriott Bonvoy members (Outside)

- Sabai Thai (Westin) Friday Royal Thai Brunch / Saturday Asian Brunch. 12:30pm-4pm. QR 375. 20% off for Marriott Bonvoy members

FAN ZONES (Official & Unofficial) STADIUMS, BEACHES, MUSIC FESTIVALS

- FIFA Fan Fest (Al Bidda Park) Beer available 6:30pm-1am. QR 50 for 500ml can of Budweiser

- Stadiums. Beer available 3 hours before KO and 1 hour after final whistle. QR 50 for 500ml can of Budweiser

- 900 Park (Next to Intercontinental). Open daily midday to midnight. QR 100 entry fee

- Fanzone by Inca (Westin) 12pm-2am. QR 220 entry fee (with 2 drinks)

- Qetai-Fan Beach Fest. 10am-4am. Tickets from QR 235

- The Backyard (Doha Sports Park) 12pm-Late. QR 150 entrance with 1 drink. QR 260 entrance with access to Sports Park to watch matches. Includes 1 drink & 1 BBQ voucher

- Monkey Tale (Grand Hyatt) Beachside football viewing. Entry fee QR 120 (Redeemable in F&B)

- B12 Beach (West Bay). Free entry for Hayaa card holders. Beer available

- Arcadia (Tickets required)

- Daydream / World Stage (Doha Golf Club)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, westernpark said:

What’s funny is that people having a good time in Qatar does not change the fact that over 6500 migrant workers died, during the construction period of stadiums that will be never used again, yet because some young lads are having selfies with the privileged Qatari’s whilst quite obviously drunk, dancing to some pop song, everything is okay.

As others have previously mentioned the migrant worker death numbers are seriously flawed by all accounts. Correct there’s issues with working conditions but don’t all countries have problems? Russia? Brazil? England ffs?