Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

The Glorious Republic of Leicestershire - National Team

2 minutes ago, FoxesAreBlue said:

I know this is off topic but I’m asking for your design skills and another 5minute mock up if you could do me a favour please?….

I’ve got a load of mates coming over for the England v Wales game next week, including two Welsh guys - I’d like to create an “Away End” in my living room for them (two old wooden stools)

is there any chance you could design me a Welsh flag but instead of the dragon, replace it with a red donkey?

Would be much appreciated if you could

Excuse me, what the fvck.

Admin sort it.

#notoracism #kickitout #onelove #okannerobinson

• Like 2

On many an occasion when I'm bored on Football Manager I replace someone like Luxembourg as the Republic of Leicester, creating a full league structure so you end up with someone mental like Shepshed Dynamo in the Europa League. Of course the national teams away kit is always inspired by the 84 away kit.

Yes I'm aware I'm incredibly sad lol

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, FoxesAreBlue said:

I know this is off topic but I’m asking for your design skills and another 5minute mock up if you could do me a favour please?….

I’ve got a load of mates coming over for the England v Wales game next week, including two Welsh guys - I’d like to create an “Away End” in my living room for them (two old wooden stools)

is there any chance you could design me a Welsh flag but instead of the dragon, replace it with a red donkey?

Would be much appreciated if you could

Thanks but you are seriously overestimating my skills - I used a kitmaker template design online and just changed the colours and added the badges!

• Like 1

I've asked this variously on here over the years, but does anyone else remember a song called 'The Fields of Leicestershire' that used to get played on Radio Leicester's Sunday Requests in the mid-90s? Would make a belting National Anthem. Can only remember one bit of a line from it, something about Aylestone Meadows.

I've looked over the internet but found no trace of its existence. Beginning to wonder if mum was lacing my Sunday roasts with Acid at this point.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

I've asked this variously on here over the years, but does anyone else remember a song called 'The Fields of Leicestershire' that used to get played on Radio Leicester's Sunday Requests in the mid-90s? Would make a belting National Anthem. Can only remember one bit of a line from it, something about Aylestone Meadows.

I've looked over the internet but found no trace of its existence. Beginning to wonder if mum was lacing my Sunday roasts with Acid at this point.

Have you tried emailing Radio Leicester or hitting them up on socials?

Just now, Finnegan said:

Have you tried emailing Radio Leicester or hitting them up on socials?

Think I might do just that, yeah. It's only come back into my mind because of this thread and our urgent need for a National Anthem when we lower the Union Jack and raise the Fox & Cinquefoil for the first time at Town Hall Square.

• Haha 1

• 10 months later...
5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Got an assist and is being kept in the senior squad. Did OK tbf. 

But yknow, Gibraltar. 

Feel like The Glorious Republic of Leicestershire are going to become the new Gibraltar when it comes to unnecessary slurs about our place in the international game.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Feel like The Glorious Republic of Leicestershire are going to become the new Gibraltar when it comes to unnecessary slurs about our place in the international game.

In fairness, the Glorious Republic of Leicestershire is significantly larger than Gibraltar. Shit, Hinckley is larger than Gibraltar. 

GRoL is twice the size of Euro 2016 quarter finalists Iceland! 

And everyone in this thread got hung up on the "people born in Leicester" angle. The whole point originally was to look beyond that at actual FIFA qualification rules and see who else we could get in. 

Genuinely think we'd probably have a better team than someone like Norn Iron. 

• Like 2

Stolarczyk*, 

Choudhury (C), Moore, Nelson*, Chilwell*, 

Braybrooke, 

McAteer*, Alves, KDH, Barnes**, 

Adams 

Manager: Enzo Maresca 

Depressingly I think that would beat Wales currently lol

* residency 

** heritage / family (and residency tbh.)

Edited by Finnegan