Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

The Glorious Republic of Leicestershire - National Team

12 hours ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Is that actually true?

Are you implying I’d state as fact a rumour that I heard on here? (It probably come from the fact Chilwell tried his best not to pass to Barnes)

13 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

A cursory look at Wikipedia says he was with us from 2015 to 2020 so maybe. Depends if he was with us for the full five years I guess.

That’s close enough for me

Sharman-Lowe

Moore Bassey Knight

Marc(c)    Hamza       Chilwell

Braybrooke

Alves    Addams   Barnes

Nelson for Knight, Thomas for Chilwell. KDH for Hamza/Braybrooke.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Strokes said:

But that wasn’t the entirety of the rules, otherwise Chilwell is excluded. I just don’t know if Schlupp played in the academy long enough 

Schlupp was born in '92, spent 5 years in the academy from '05-'10 - before his 18th birthday. By the rules he needed 5 years before turning 21 to be considered naturalised, so yep, he could switch his allegiance if he wanted to.

Chilwell was '96, and in our academy from 2009-2015 (when he would've been 19) so also qualifies for the same reason.

We'd have a very strong looking left hand side, with Barnes, Chilwell, Thomas, Schlupp all available, and a solid midfield as well with KDH/Choudhury. Che Adams up front as well.

CB not as strong, but Bassey/Moore would be solid enough.

Would mostly be academy players filling up the rest of the spots. Alves/Braybrooke/Wormleighton in particular who are perhaps a couple years off of being established PL talents as well.

There'll be loads of mid-tier non-international PL players who could qualify through the parents/grandparents rule, but no way of easily identifying them...

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

I'm taking this far too seriously, but if Leicestershire was a nation, City wouldn't exist and therefore claiming youth team players of LCFC such as Bassey, Chilwell and Schluppster is pushing it, as without City they'd never have a reason to have travelled to Leicester in order to be 'naturalised,'

As @Xensays, there'd be a raft of players who have a parental or grandparental connection to Leicester and could qualify....just as example, Karl Darlow is from Northampton but his grandad was ,(I think,)  Ken Leak, so maybe Ken.met his Mrs in Leicester and therefore Darlow qualifies virtue of his Eyres Monsell WAG grandma who pulled Ken in town 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm taking this far too seriously, but if Leicestershire was a nation, City wouldn't exist and therefore claiming youth team players of LCFC such as Bassey, Chilwell and Schluppster is pushing it, as without City they'd never have a reason to have travelled to Leicester in order to be 'naturalised,'

As @Xensays, there'd be a raft of players who have a parental or grandparental connection to Leicester and could qualify....just as example, Karl Darlow is from Northampton but his grandad was ,(I think,)  Ken Leak, so maybe Ken.met his Mrs in Leicester and therefore Darlow qualifies virtue of his Eyres Monsell WAG grandma who pulled Ken in town 

Darlow over Sharman-Lowe would bump that side up to a regular Euros qualifying nation imo.

As FIFA's official envoy to the GDPRoL, I can confirm for @Strokes and @Bert that Jeff Schlupp would qualify. He was 13 when he joined Leicester and 25 when he left. He's done enough to be considered a 'naturalised' son of Ratae Corieltauvorum. He would have earned the opportunity to transfer is international allegiance from Ghana.

Unfortunately, one Monsieur Max-Alain Gradel didn't arrive in Leicester until he was already 18 and thus wouldn't qualify.

Regards the likes of Albrighton, Chilwell and co' - I think obviously if this was even vaguely real (and we can all appreciate how hilariously it isn't) then they wouldn't really count as I'm sure their actual residences are outside of the county. But the intention was to consider their time being on the books at a Leicestershire based club to be sufficient.

On 17/11/2022 at 17:40, Aleksz said:

Nothing a quick football manager search won’t do…

Goalkeepers:  

Oliver Bosworth (Free Agent)

Teddy Sharman-Lowe (Chelsea)

Defenders:

Joe Wormleighton (Leicester)

Luther James-Wildin (Stevenage)

Wes Harding (Rotherham)

Darnell Johnson (Fleetwood)

Josh Knight (Peterborough)

Elliott Moore (Oxford)

George Taft (Scunthorpe)

Luke Thomas (Leicester)

Callum Rowe (Villa)

Joe Mattock (Harrogate Town)

Midfielders:

Sammy Braybrooke (Leicester)

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall (Leicester)
Hamza Choudhury (Watford)

Charlie Savage (Man United)

Tom Bayliss (Shrewsbury)

Ben Stevenson (Forest Green)

Terrell Pennant (Leicester)

Lee Tomlin (Free Agent)

Levi Porter (Melton Town)

Paul Anderson (Northampton)

Harry Panayiotou (Aldershot)

Strikers:

George Thomas (QPR)

Che Adams (Southampton)

Jonson Clarke-Harris (Peterborough)

Ashley Chambers (Coalville)

Luke Varney (Free Agent)

Is the best of your Leicester born lot. Gonna need to get some extras to change allegiance I think 👀

‘kin ‘ell

Andorra would slaughter us!

On 20/11/2022 at 05:37, Paninistickers said:

Wrexham, Cardiff, Swansea all play in the English system.

FC Andorra play in the Spanish system, lots of other examples globally.

No reason Leicestershire couldn’t be an independent nation and have the football club Leicester City (The capital city of Leicestershire) still playing football in the Premier League as we are now

On 19/11/2022 at 13:54, Nalis said:

Go on, here's my 5 templated minute masterpiece....

20221119_135241.thumb.jpg.78438e5700400710ed9a8a6e015c9e0b.jpg

I know this is off topic but I’m asking for your design skills and another 5minute mock up if you could do me a favour please?….

I’ve got a load of mates coming over for the England v Wales game next week, including two Welsh guys - I’d like to create an “Away End” in my living room for them (two old wooden stools)

is there any chance you could design me a Welsh flag but instead of the dragon, replace it with a red donkey?

Would be much appreciated if you could