Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Is anyone genuinely going to boycott?

7 minutes ago, shade said:

I'm not incredibly progressive to be fair, that's a valid point.

Fair play to you for saying this.

7 minutes ago, shade said:

We have a pretty inclusive and tolerant society as it is, I feel.

I used to feel this too, because for me (white, male, cis, straight) there aren't any issues! But I've belatedly realised over the past decade or more that it ain't like that for everyone. And that ain't right.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shade said:

Everything around you that you see was built on the back of "traditional society", I don't think it should be so casually denigrated, but that's a personal opinion.

Sure, people like the appearance of virtue more than they like the work that earns true virtue. It's essentially narcissistic posturing, posting a black square, changing a profile picture to a Ukraine flag, wearing an armband, it's empty platitudes engaged in to make the person feel better about themselves.

I'm not incredibly progressive to be fair, that's a valid point. We have a pretty inclusive and tolerant society as it is, I feel.

What you said about the building of current society is true. Now, consider for a moment, how much better it may have been if the greater part of the population had been permitted to contribute to its building with full freedom of their mind and body, rather than in the manner of homeworker, child raiser, indentured servant, or some other role forced upon them.

With respect to the last paragraph, it takes courage to look inside oneself like that. My own take isn't really based on much moral sense, more my own utilitarian belief (which I like to think is evidence based) that a more egalitarian society simply has better odds of surviving the future. If such survival is somehow deemed a moral crusade one way or another, then so be it.

Edited by leicsmac

1 hour ago, shade said:

If only it was wearing hats with rainbows on, fine, but it's far more than that. It's tearing down racist statues, defunding corrupt police, obviously not shutting down dissenting views, undermining expanding* the nuclear family, Capitalism is deracinating society. It's fun drag queen story hours, it's 99 74 genders, it's use my pronouns or your just an ahole it's a hate crime. It's let children that are too young to understand the construct choose their gender without input from parents. As opposed to dressing them in pink and blue from the minute they are born

It's the complete degradation of  outdated traditional society, while people that want to appear virtuous (without doing the work necessary to earn) clap and cheer in the name of progressivism. 

* nuclear family, also called elementary family, in sociology and anthropology, a group of people who are united by ties of partnership and parenthood and consisting of a pair of adults and their socially recognized children.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Hollism said:

Please explain to me how wearing a One Love armband falls under “going into a political arena”.

Because had  they worn it, they would have worn it in Qatar... solely for Qatari political reasons

Therefore making the one love armband a  political statement.

Crazy how they pitched wearing one love armbands in Qatar  rather than say in a Carabao cup tie in Brighton for example 

Edited by JamieG

FIFA “deeply concerned” about confiscation of rainbow symbolism, and holding urgent talks with the hosts.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/22/fifa-qatar-talks-wales-rainbow-hats-confiscated-world-cup

It’s almost like - as with the alcohol sales -Qatar said they’re going to do one thing, and are now doing what they want now that we’re past the point of return.

Well, who could’ve foreseen this then FIFA? You fvcking amoral, bent, thick twats.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RoboFox said:

FIFA “deeply concerned” about confiscation of rainbow symbolism, and holding urgent talks with the hosts.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/22/fifa-qatar-talks-wales-rainbow-hats-confiscated-world-cup

It’s almost like - as with the alcohol sales -Qatar said they’re going to do one thing, and are now doing what they want now that we’re past the point of return.

Well, who could’ve foreseen this then FIFA? You fvcking amoral, bent, thick twats.

Alas, don’t believe FIFA are ‘deeply concerned’, ‘urgently investigating’ or ‘could give a flying  ****’ and they are just using the press to appear more virtuous.

At this point they are just as reprehensible as they have always beeen

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JamieG said:

Let's be real here....In 6 months time this whole fake outrage thing over human rights in Qatar will all just be a distant memory.

People will move on when the bandwagon rolls into a new station, and Qatar will have just  continued on like nothing ever happened.

With lots of empty stadiums, that will most likely need taking down after the circus rolls out of town, due to no one ever using them. 

So we’ve got:

* Bribery

* Migrant deaths

* Attitude toward LGBTQ+ 

* It’s in the middle of a desert

* Terrible match day experience 

* Half empty stadiums with fudged attendances

* Awful accommodation

* Public displays of affection

* Drinking culture

* A load of infrastructure that’s pointless afterward 

Will Qatar change after this World Cup, no.

Surely FIFA have got to realise that you award this type of event to a country or continent that has most of this stuff readily available and tolerates a wide spectrum of people. 

Sterotypically speaking, England fans are rowdy with a culture toward alcohol. South American fans are passionate and generate a carnival atmosphere. 

I mean, you could have hosted it in Sydney as it’s bigger than Qatar! 

I’ve watched every game so far, however it’s been as dull as dishwater in parts. I’m hoping it gets better as we go further into the tournament. 

I’ve actually enjoyed the time of year change, which I detested the idea previously. So I’m board with that. 

Edited by Sly

40 minutes ago, Sly said:

So we’ve got:

* Bribery

* Migrant deaths

* Attitude toward LGBTQ+ 

* Awful accommodation

* Drinking culture

Surely FIFA have got to realise that you award this type of event to a country or continent that has most of this stuff readily available and tolerates a wide spectrum of people. 

Sterotypically speaking, England fans are rowdy with a culture toward alcohol. South American fans are passionate and generate a carnival atmosphere. 

I’ve watched every game so far, however it’s been as dull as dishwater in parts. I’m hoping it gets better as we go further into the tournament. 

I’ve actually enjoyed the time of year change, which I detested the idea previously. So I’m board with that. 

They definitely won’t change, why would they. They say jump and we say how high, every demand they’ve put to us (no ‘love’ signs, no armbands) have been lapped up without protest. It’s been a success for them so far. Yesterday bought up so many positive branding events with Saudi beating Argentina and a deafening Mexican crowd, and that will continue. They will continue to host major international events long into the future, i see they’ve signed a long term contract with f1 

57 minutes ago, Sly said:

So we’ve got:

* Bribery

* Migrant deaths

* Attitude toward LGBTQ+ 

* Awful accommodation

* Drinking culture

Bribery - Yes very likely true 

* Migrant deaths - yes too many migrant deaths - hope this improves following the worldwide opinion

* Attitude toward LGBTQ+ - Yes again hope this improves but i doubt it will as it is indoctrinated in the Muslim faith 

* It’s in the middle of a desert - not true most stadiums have significant surrounding infrastructure and are fairly easy to get to. 

* Terrible match day experience - been to two matches so far disappointed at the level of level of amenities at the England game basically a hot open carpark before entering stadium. Stadium itself had little food to buy. Game and atmosphere was first class though.  Plenty of entertainment and food available at France game lots of pre-game entertainment night matches appear much more vibrant than day matches outside the stadium.  Games was ok atmosphere was ok too but nowhere near England game.

* Half empty stadiums with fudged attendances - England game was full except for VIP section which had lots of empty seats which was disappointing.  Australia game has some empty seats in public and again a lot in VIP. I don't understand why though because tickets were hard to get online.

* Awful accommodation - Most people i spoke to on the street and at the England games were very happy with their accommodation. 

* Public displays of affection - read my post on public displays of affection. snogging in public not accepted holding hands light kissing no problem. if you use a little bit of common sense you will be fine 

* Drinking culture - see my long post of places to get a drink plenty of options 

* A load of infrastructure that’s pointless afterward - metro and wide roads will be used both have made a massive improvement to traffic flows in Qatar. some stadiums will be converted to 20,000 seaters and given to local league clubs. The removed seats etc will be sent overseas. 974 will be dismantled and sent overseas in total. Other stadiums will be turned into accommodation or shopping malls... accommodation in some areas would be good but shopping malls nah... Qatar already has to many and half of them are empty most of the time.   

overall so far 6/10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I for one can’t wait to begin lamenting the decision to hand the competition to North Korea and start to read people claiming to live there telling me how fabulous it is.

You in the West are always banging on about how we can’t criticise the government and get sent to education camps, but what about your appalling road conditions and 18th century genocides? Answer that if you can! Which you can’t. I win.”

Plus we will enjoy genuine intelligent insight from Brexiter tosspots.

Who cares if their glorious leader has people he doesn’t like executed? I don’t and I doubt any of you virtue signallers do either - you just want attention for yourself and you’ll never change anything ever in your lives ever. I bet you can’t even change your mobile phone service provider. Hahahaaaaaa, in your face libtard.”

It’s going to be great.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Not "deeply concerned" enough to say, not give the World Cup to a country where it's illegal to be gay hey? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I for one can’t wait to begin lamenting the decision to hand the competition to North Korea and start to read people claiming to live there telling me how fabulous it is.

You in the West are always banging on about how we can’t criticise the government and get sent to education camps, but what about your appalling road conditions and 18th century genocides? Answer that if you can! Which you can’t. I win.”

Plus we will enjoy genuine intelligent insight from Brexiter tosspots.

Who cares if their glorious leader has people he doesn’t like executed? I don’t and I doubt any of you virtue signallers do either - you just want attention for yourself and you’ll never change anything ever in your lives ever. I bet you can’t even change your mobile phone service provider. Hahahaaaaaa, in your face libtard.”

It’s going to be great.

"Starvation is just part of their culture, when in Rome you do as the Romans do!" 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, hackenbacker said:

Bribery - Yes very likely true 

* Migrant deaths - yes too many migrant deaths - hope this improves following the worldwide opinion

* Attitude toward LGBTQ+ - Yes again hope this improves but i doubt it will as it is indoctrinated in the Muslim faith 

* It’s in the middle of a desert - not true most stadiums have significant surrounding infrastructure and are fairly easy to get to. 

* Terrible match day experience - been to two matches so far disappointed at the level of level of amenities at the England game basically a hot open carpark before entering stadium. Stadium itself had little food to buy. Game and atmosphere was first class though.  Plenty of entertainment and food available at France game lots of pre-game entertainment night matches appear much more vibrant than day matches outside the stadium.  Games was ok atmosphere was ok too but nowhere near England game.

* Half empty stadiums with fudged attendances - England game was full except for VIP section which had lots of empty seats which was disappointing.  Australia game has some empty seats in public and again a lot in VIP. I don't understand why though because tickets were hard to get online.

* Awful accommodation - Most people i spoke to on the street and at the England games were very happy with their accommodation. 

* Public displays of affection - read my post on public displays of affection. snogging in public not accepted holding hands light kissing no problem. if you use a little bit of common sense you will be fine 

* Drinking culture - see my long post of places to get a drink plenty of options 

* A load of infrastructure that’s pointless afterward - metro and wide roads will be used both have made a massive improvement to traffic flows in Qatar. some stadiums will be converted to 20,000 seaters and given to local league clubs. The removed seats etc will be sent overseas. 974 will be dismantled and sent overseas in total. Other stadiums will be turned into accommodation or shopping malls... accommodation in some areas would be good but shopping malls nah... Qatar already has to many and half of them are empty most of the time.   

overall so far 6/10

In fairness nice summary from

someone on the ground! 

• Like 1