Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Is anyone genuinely going to boycott?

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

The things that makes children make decisions they don't need to make are false information, prejudice, fear, coercion, abuse and so forth. Not well-rounded education about the years ahead.

You are discussing gender bias/sexuality and talking about children making decisions - so yes, you are

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

You are discussing gender bias/sexuality and talking about children making decisions - so yes, you are

Did you miss 'they don't need to make' directly after the bit you bolded? :dunno:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Or by making children who are so impressionable at that age make decisions they don’t need to make.

I just feel it’s the parents job at that young age and nobody else’s.

What, the it's the parents' job to make children who are so impressionable at that age make decisions they don't need to make?

I think you're railing against something that doesn't exist. Nobody (well, nobody in schools; I'm not so sure about a lot of parents) is making children make any decisions about stuff like this.

I suspect a lot of children form their own ideas/thoughts/feelings about how/who they are at a younger age than you think, and all anyone is wanting to do is make sure nobody feels guilt, or feels inferior, or thinks they're bad in some way, about whoever they are.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

Did you miss 'they don't need to make' directly after the bit you bolded? :dunno:

I read it differently, I read it as they need to make decisions, but they could not do so without exposure to all the plethora of societal information.

Apologies if I misinterpreted!

Only came here to read about boycotts anyway….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think I should perhaps read more of this unexpected thread before making (further) snap comments. 

Yeah - this isn't like the Rodgers Out thread, or the one which is probably still trundling on blaming Perez for everything! You can't turn your back on this one for a month or two and then when you come back it's all exactly the same stuff, there's just a hundred more pages of it.

Proper philosophers, we are on here.

😉

Just now, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Yeah - this isn't like the Rodgers Out thread, or the one which is probably still trundling on blaming Perez for everything! You can't turn your back on this one for a month or two and then when you come back it's all exactly the same stuff, there's just a hundred more pages of it.

Proper philosophers, we are on here.

😉

Do you have your own song?

On 21/11/2022 at 18:29, Lionator said:

Why should Qatar be obliged to have our culture forced upon them? 

Because they decided to host something called the 'World' Cup. I hear they were quite keen on getting it too, even going to some considerable expense. So it's a bit late to suffer from buyer's remorse, no? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Because they decided to host something called the 'World' Cup. I hear they were quite keen on getting it too, even going to some considerable expense. So it's a bit late to suffer from buyer's remorse, no? 

And no I'm not going to read through the pages I missed between checking this thread on Monday and today.