Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Is anyone genuinely going to boycott?

3 minutes ago, shade said:

you mustn't have read it or are just shooting things down blindly that don't fit your personal ideology, it was quoting a wide government survey.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ukgwa/20160129144547/http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/integrated-household-survey/integrated-household-survey/january-to-december-2013/sty-facts-about-lgb-community-in-the-uk.html

Haha my ideology. I have adhd and reading long passages is difficult for me. It’s something which I’ve felt a lot of shame about my whole life. Thank you for clarifying. 

1 minute ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Well one obvious answer is that maybe it isn't anything to do with 'attraction.'

How about because too many men are dangerous creeps around women?

But aren’t many men dangerous creeps

around men? Especially seeing as so many men are born attracted to men?

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

The same could be argued for Qatar say? There are less openly gay people in Qatar than England, therefore being born in Qatar means you are less likely to be gay.

It's a fabulous and convincing argument, ain't it?

Might as well argue that the fact that there are fewer openly gay people in Qatar than England proves that being gay means you are less likely to be born in Qatar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

As a straight woman, I'd just like to point out that a man's penis is probably the least attractive part of him. Most men look ok until they take their clothes off, not the other way around, despite what most of you think lol

He's worried about a man coming really hard into his fox hole.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Comparatively - no, not nearly so many men are dangerous creeps around men.

Also, dangerous creepiness has little if anything to do with attraction - it's more about power and control.

Could argue the reason why the numbers are skewed in that favour is because the majority of people including the creeps are heterosexual. As the numbers of gay people grow these figures will change potentially. 

3 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Could argue the reason why the numbers are skewed in that favour is because the majority of people including the creeps are heterosexual. As the numbers of gay people grow these figures will change potentially. 

I'm curious why you think the numbers of gay people are going to grow? Are gay people immortal? :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, K1FOX said:

The numbers of gay people are probably pretty fixed. The numbers of gay people who feel able to tell people they're gay might grow, but that's not the same thing at all. But this will take us back to the 'choice' argument, and a lot of people were probably bored by that the first time round!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

The numbers of gay people are probably pretty fixed. The numbers of gay people who feel able to tell people they're gay might grow, but that's not the same thing at all. But this will take us back to the 'choice' argument, and a lot of people were probably bored by that the first time round!

See above. 

4 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

They are! Gay people have been blessed by the gods with everlasting life, which is going to come as a dreadful shock to the religious homophobe community.

If speaking against gays or gay campaigning makes you a homophobe what does attacking religion make you? Just wondering whether there was a term or not?

7 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

More rainbows means more gay people.

So you think raising awareness of something increases its incidence? So when we've raised awareness for inclusion of, say, disabled people in the workplace, you think suddenly there are more disabled people? Or just more disabled people able to join new workforces that previously they may have been excluded from?

5 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

If speaking against gays or gay campaigning makes you a homophobe what does attacking religion make you? Just wondering whether there was a term or not?

(a) Are you saying I'm 'attacking religion' or just asking generally?

(b) Are you claiming that there isn't a religious homophobe community?

(c) I'm not sure there is a term for someone who is against religion. I guess there must be, but I don't know it. Faithphobe?

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Genuine question, do you mind poppies at football matches? Minute silences? 

Honestly speaking there’s way too many minutes silences now. The effect they once had is no longer there.

Poppies no issue at all. Respecting those who fought and died.

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

So you think raising awareness of something increases its incidence? So when we've raised awareness for inclusion of, say, disabled people in the workplace, you think suddenly there are more disabled people? Or just more disabled people able to join new workforces that previously they may have been excluded from?

Raising awareness and pushing an agenda are two very different things.