Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Is anyone genuinely going to boycott?

2 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

(a) Are you saying I'm 'attacking religion' or just asking generally?

(b) Are you claiming that there isn't a religious homophobe community?

(c) I'm not sure there is a term for someone who is against religion. I guess there must be, but I don't know it. Faithphobe?

General question. 

To many people around the world religion comes first. Whether adhering to their beliefs makes them a homophobe or not I don’t believe is of their concern.

4 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Honestly speaking there’s way too many minutes silences now. The effect they once had is no longer there.

Poppies no issue at all. Respecting those who fought and died.

Just trying to establish whether it’s “campaigns” in general you’re against or just the gay one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Just trying to establish whether it’s “campaigns” in general you’re against or just the gay one. 

See the thing with poppies is, it’s once a year at the same time of year, it’s respected and we move on. ‘Rainbows’ is an agenda. All year round everywhere you look. As someone mentioned before, football matches, police vans, police uniforms etc etc.

5 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

General question. 

To many people around the world religion comes first. Whether adhering to their beliefs makes them a homophobe or not I don’t believe is of their concern.

If I was them, then, I would be questioning whether their religion was one I wanted to follow. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

They really are, but despite knowing this you seem to be conflating them.

Im definitely not. Politically correct means you don’t speak against gays and LGBTQ. If you do you’re a homophobe. If I speak against the silence for poppies, or a minutes silence for someone whose passed, or taking the knee etc I’m just making a point rightly or wrongly.

1 hour ago, K1FOX said:

Rules of Qatar are very simple. If you’re Muslim you live by the Muslim laws in the country. If you aren’t you follow secular law and will be tried differently. 

Fifa should never have given the world cup

to Qatar. By all means attack FIFA but respect Qatar and their rules.

I didn’t know Sharia law included taking passports off you when working. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

If I was them, then, I would be questioning whether their religion was one I wanted to follow. 

Who are you to tell someone they need to question their religion because it goes against what you believe? World is bigger than the west.

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

I didn’t know Sharia law included taking passports off you when working. 

The point was about how people are dealt with when committing an offence so to speak.

The passport thing is a migrant worker system - don’t know whether it works for them or not tbh but as far as I’m aware they’re looking at improving it so fair play.

1 minute ago, K1FOX said:

Im definitely not. Politically correct means you don’t speak against gays and LGBTQ. If you do you’re a homophobe. If I speak against the silence for poppies, or a minutes silence for someone whose passed, or taking the knee etc I’m just making a point rightly or wrongly.

Well if you 'speak against' 'gays and LGBTQ' you are a homophobe. Political correctness has nothing to do with it.

Speaking against a rainbow-based campaign is a different thing, and there could, theoretically, I suppose, be reasons for doing that which aren't homophobic, although anecdotal evidence would suggest the overlap is almost total.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

See the thing with poppies is, it’s once a year at the same time of year, it’s respected and we move on. ‘Rainbows’ is an agenda. All year round everywhere you look. As someone mentioned before, football matches, police vans, police uniforms etc etc.

I’m being genuine here not trying I push my agenda…… But I just don’t even notice it really? Rainbows “everywhere”? Maybe I’m not very observant? And even when I do see one, it affects my enjoyment of the game 0.0%. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

I’m being genuine here not trying I push my agenda…… But I just don’t even notice it really? Rainbows “everywhere”? Maybe I’m not very observant? And even when I do see one, it affects my enjoyment of the game 0.0%. 

Well you do you and all that, but seeing a handful of players wearing rainbow laces once a year has ruined football for me.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lcfc thrummy in Aus said:

No I'm sure they don't, the point I was indirectly making is could the media shine a bigger spot light on the other 8 countries maybe.

But there’s no need because the football national teams are different to the actual country and it’s government. As widely shown by Iran in the last week. 

If a player did a homophobic act or the related Fa did, they’d be a story there 

Edited by CosbehFox