Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Southgate Out!

8 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Sorry I meant to say Danny Murphy. Sorry I thought it was Danny Mills that made the comment.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

No worries was just confused. Too many useless pundits called Danny.

Wait a minute, did @Leicesterpool's response clear things up for you, because it left me even more confused :D haha

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
14 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Both bald, talk crap and hopeless careers as footballers. 

I don’t think Danny Murphy talks crap at all. Mills is thick as.

Simon Jordan though, is bright as they come. And says it how it REALLY is. There’s no bull-shitting or pandering to the media with him.

Simon Jordan's media career has a conscious objector has certainly worked wonders in clearing up his errors as an owner of a football club. 

It's quite ironic having a bloke who sent a club into administration because he over budgeted on selling a youngster for big money, lost a court case and bodged buying Selhurst Park. 

I do think Southgate has took us as far as he can and I also think he’s probably feeling the same at the moment.

But that being said he’s the best manager we’ve had since Ramsay. We’ve tried these big names before and they just don’t get it (being diplomatic, being good England man managers, the one thing Southgate is brilliant at), it’ll end in tears. More than our exits at the last 3.

I think Poch and Tuchel would both fancy it. Whether the FA would go down that route is another matter. Shame Howe and Potter are out of reach really.

Wow just judging by the over whelming number of replies on this thread seems that we all want southgate OUT.

the fact he’s dithering over the decision doesn’t instill any confidence. If he does mull over it for a few weeks more and decides to have one more crack at it I have to question what issues were making him so conflicted. Can’t be anything new that he hasn’t experienced already? Maybe he’s mentally burned out?

38 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

I do think Southgate has took us as far as he can and I also think he’s probably feeling the same at the moment.

But that being said he’s the best manager we’ve had since Ramsay. We’ve tried these big names before and they just don’t get it (being diplomatic, being good England man managers, the one thing Southgate is brilliant at), it’ll end in tears. More than our exits at the last 3.

I think Poch and Tuchel would both fancy it. Whether the FA would go down that route is another matter. Shame Howe and Potter are out of reach really.

Agreed, he must know he's taken them as far as he can and will go with a fantastic reputation amongst the public. Give it 18 more months and he may get 'found out' more widely, when we inevitably flop at the euros which won't do him any good. Leave now and be guaranteed big money, chilled out contracts in a variety of non-football roles, he has spoken out frequently on consensus subjects (human rights etc) which will put him in good financial stead

• Like 1

Considering you've got one of the top coaches in Europe expressed interest in the job, seems daft the FA seem keen to stick with Southgate. FA though in terms of the mens game, have rarely got right to be fair, go back to 1978 when FA turned down Brian Clough for Ron Greenwood, what does Cloughiee go on to do... win the european cup twice. Then snubbed again I believe in 82 after his European success. 2006 Sven was set to leave after the World Cup, during the tournament however the FA choose to approach Scorari, Scorari wanted to remain respectful to Sven and Portugal by waiting to talk after the World Cup. FA refused and choose to go to Steve McClaren instead... judging by Scorari recent interview even he admitted if they waited till after the tournament he would have probably have accepted the job. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Why on Earth would Kane not take the second penalty?

That's just pure hindsight. He's (by a mile) the best penalty taker England have.

I would like to see statistics of conversion rates for players that have scored two from two in games.  I suspect that the 2nd kick is not as favourable for conversion in comparison to the 1st.

The added implication is that Kane was facing off against his teammate - choosing one of a number of different options would have at least given Lloris something else to think about rather than giving Kane the opportunity to think about where to he could have placed his second effort.  

Considering the outcome of penalty shootouts coupled with Yes Man's lack of tactical awareness in such situations, you would at least expect him to throw in something unexpected.  But no, go with Kane as he is the most successful penalty taker.  Unfortunately, this represents the ceiling of the level of decision making Yes Man is capable of.

Uninspiring and taking another predictable option ended with a predictable outcome.  I would expect nothing more from Yes Man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I would like to see statistics of conversion rates for players that have scored two from two in games.  I suspect that the 2nd kick is not as favourable for conversion in comparison to the 1st.

The added implication is that Kane was facing off against his teammate - choosing one of a number of different options would have at least given Lloris something else to think about rather than giving Kane the opportunity to think about where to he could have placed his second effort.  

Considering the outcome of penalty shootouts coupled with Yes Man's lack of tactical awareness in such situations, you would at least expect him to throw in something unexpected.  But no, go with Kane as he is the most successful penalty taker.  Unfortunately, this represents the ceiling of the level of decision making Yes Man is capable of.

Uninspiring and taking another predictable option ended with a predictable outcome.  I would expect nothing more from Yes Man.

So who do you think should have taken it out of....

Pickford, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw, Mount, Rice, Bellingham, Sterling or Foden?

Because to me it sounds like Kane was, by an absolute mile, the best option.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

So who do you think should have taken it out of....

Pickford, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw, Mount, Rice, Bellingham, Sterling or Foden?

Because to me it sounds like Kane was, by an absolute mile, the best option.

When the manager constantly adopts a defensive stance, it is difficult to look past Kane, I can agree to some extent.  However, to limit your options in such a way as to not have a clear second choice taker is an issue in itself.  

Should the game have gone to penalties, we all know what would have happened.

Southgate reacts and has never been proactive in his approach.  We are being limited by his approach which he is adamant he will not adapt or change despite the glaring errors in his ways.

17 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

When the manager constantly adopts a defensive stance, it is difficult to look past Kane, I can agree to some extent.  However, to limit your options in such a way as to not have a clear second choice taker is an issue in itself.  

Should the game have gone to penalties, we all know what would have happened.

Southgate reacts and has never been proactive in his approach.  We are being limited by his approach which he is adamant he will not adapt or change despite the glaring errors in his ways.

Who in the entire squad then?

Or even, which English footballer would you have had take it? Was Southgate supposed to pick a penalty taker as good as Kane so that on the off chance we had two penalties against Lloris, there would be someone ready to take the second one?

You're only saying this with hindsight. Would it have been the wrong decision if Kane scored?

England are the top scorers of the tournament. Not sure how Southgate has deployed a negative stance....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t think Danny Murphy talks crap at all. Mills is thick as.

Simon Jordan though, is bright as they come. And says it how it REALLY is. There’s no bull-shitting or pandering to the media with him.

It's not so much that Mills is thick, it's that he actually thinks he's intelligent :dunno:

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Not a manager under the sun has someone other than their dedicated penalty taker, who has already scored, who is the captain, take that penalty. 

I can understand why Kane missed. Big pressure situation, up against his club keeper, over thinking things, adrenaline pumping, puts a bit too much on it and biffs it. 

But equally if he takes it another ten times he probably scores it seven or eight. 

The problem for England moving forward isn't that Kane missed, its that penalties looked like the only way you were going to score.

Agree. Many things to blame Southgate for but this isn't one of them.

Imagine the pressure the replacement taker would feel in such a controversial moment, taking the moment away from our talisman and known penalty taker. Somehow making an already huge moment even more pressurised.

We looked decent, but ultimately when France decided to turn it up a notch, we couldn't live with them. Meanwhile we didn't make Lloris work nearly enough.

We were never going to win the world cup with a combination of that defence and that manager. With that belief I genuinely haven't been arsed at all about going out, and I'm usually gutted when we do. Maybe winter WC contributes to that, too.

12 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Is it possible someone like Emma Hayes might be considered.

Perhaps if the BBC were picking the next manager! 😂

If you honestly think a woman will get the men’s England managers job then you should go and put a £1 on with the bookies. Whatever odds you get I will treble them.