Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Netherlands Vs Argentina - Friday 9th December - 19:00

5 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Sure this image will be pinned in Dutch dressing rooms if they meet Argentina again .

https://mobile.twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1601345605871501313

I try to avoid lazy generalisations as I get older. But I have to say the argies have always been the world's biggest cunnts when it comes to football. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Sure this image will be pinned in Dutch dressing rooms if they meet Argentina again .

Its a funny one and depends whose side you are on. Both gave as good as they got throughout the match. If your Dutch you probably try to retaliate to get some biting idiot suspended.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

Argies are cvnts on the football.pitch BUT it's why they have had alot of success compared to the likes of England.

Even trams like Croatia  with a population  of under 4 million wipe the floor statistically wise to England and they have a few bastard  players.

England have nice Harry Kane and Harry Maguire!!!

You need that bit of bastardness

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I try to avoid lazy generalisations as I get older. But I have to say the argies have always been the world's biggest cunnts when it comes to football. 

It's only one side of the story though isn't it tbf. There was needle all through the game and aggro from the Dutch too. 

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

It's a funny one. Individually they seem the nicest people, collectively they're completely the opposite. 

Personally I love them.

A match of extremely poor quality played by one side who didn't want to come out of their own half until 2-0 down and then reverted to early 1990s Cambridge United tactics for the last ten minutes. Amazingly this worked because Argentina are basically a very mediocre team with one fading world class player. 

Argentina just the better team. Why Holland stopped playing in Extra time in the way that had got them back into the match I really don't know.

The ref was atrocious but was suitable for the overall quality of the match which was yet another  disappointing one in this world cup.

So 18 yellows, a red for a player already subbed, Denzel Dumfries after the shoot out and not a single mention that I can find of Messi's blatant handball almost identical to the one in the Brazil/Croatia game.

Considering the media made such a fuss regarding Japan's goal where were the post debates over this as Messi was so instrumental in Argentina's win? Parades should also have seen red for his tackle on Ake and cause the raucous afterwards.

They say there's no bias by FIFA, UEFA and Refs and we're meant to believe it.

Did FIFA really want Argentina to join Spain, Germany and Belgium? Makes you think. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

So 18 yellows, a red for a player already subbed, Denzel Dumfries after the shoot out and not a single mention that I can find of Messi's blatant handball almost identical to the one in the Brazil/Croatia game.

Considering the media made such a fuss regarding Japan's goal where were the post debates over this as Messi was so instrumental in Argentina's win?

Did FIFA really want Argentina to join Spain, Germany and Belgium? Makes you think. :dunno:

Nothing to do with the fact the ref looked like he'd won a competition?

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Considering the media made such a fuss regarding Japan's goal where were the post debates over this as Messi was so instrumental in Argentina's win? Parades should also have seen red for his tackle on Ake and cause the raucous afterwards.

Oh and Messi has the nerve to say this 

Messi, for one, was not impressed. "I don't want to talk about the referee because they sanction you for being honest," he said afterwards.

"I think people saw what it was. Fifa cannot put such a referee who is not up to the task for a game of this level."

• Like 2

But the Netherlands did get a free kick in the last minute to score from - after 11 minutes of injury time .

Would they get that if FIFA are biased to Argentina?

Messi should have been booked but wasn’t like he got away with a two footed tackle or violent conduct .

Media made a fuss over the Japan goal v Spain as originally they had no idea the ball stayed it as no footage was shown .

I agree Souness and co were rather sour about it all though .

Edited by Super_horns

7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Messi should have been booked but wasn’t like he got away with a two footed tackle or violent conduct .

That's hardly the point a foul is a foul your comparisons are red cards anyway. He was also very influential in their win with a goal, assist and a penalty.

Just to say Argentina in amongst all the shitty game were the better team but that does not excuse  incompetence or cheating.

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

That's hardly the point a foul is a foul your comparisons are red cards anyway. He was also very influential in their win with a goal, assist and a penalty.

Just to say Argentina in amongst all the shitty game were the better team but that does not excuse  incompetence or cheating

Not sure we can say him scoring a penalty and having a assist is down to FIFA wanting Argentina to win as the penalty was clear cut.

And assist was before any potential booking too.

Had he avoided being sent off then influenced the game afterwards you might have more of a point .

Edited by Super_horns