Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

"Clive Driscoll, the officer who convicted two of Stephen's killers, said Cressida Dick suggested in 2012 he should not bother going after the other suspects, even though the trial judge had urged police to pursue them. Mr Driscoll went on to arrest White, but was then made to retire before he could complete his investigation"

Why is it Cressida has her hands directly in pretty much every met police scandal?

Cos she's a dick!

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

That ginger topped waste of space HRH Princess Fergie of York (VIP) was diagnosed with breast cancer ..  but fear not fellow Foxtalkers  ..  she was whisked ..  whisked I say !! ..  into hospital,  and has undergone successful surgery.   Great news for her and also great news that those long hospital waiting times now seem to be a thing of the past .. 

Did she skip the queue then? 

That Daily Mail journalist that was offering fees on Twitter to those willing to say they identified as an animal has locked their account down pretty sharpish.

As far as I could see although there were a lot of folk getting stuck in, it was mainly people sending her pictures of their pets, who identify as animals very strongly indeed.

Weirdly enough, I made a prediction to my parents yesterday that the DM would find someone this week willing to appear in a story and say that they identify as a cat or whatever, thereby proving beyond all reasonable doubt that they definitely haven't been spouting complete bollocks.  I could never have guessed that that's how they go about their business though, I'd have thought that providing a financial incentive to make people say stuff ran the risk undermining the credibility of such contributions but I guess I'm just naive 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'd have thought that providing a financial incentive to make people say stuff ran the risk undermining the credibility of such contributions but I guess I'm just naive 

I’d have thought any contribution being in the DM would undermine is credibility more than anything

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Man stabbed and killed on a tram in Nottingham this morning. Dreadful, what's going on in Notts, it's scary. 

It's horrific.

Am convinced there's been a fair few murders in Leicester/Leicestershire recently, too?..

21 minutes ago, reporterpenguin said:

I’d have thought any contribution being in the DM would undermine is credibility more than anything

Well you'd think so, but you look in the trolleys and baskets of your typical over 50s supermarket shopper and you'll rarely see any other newspaper, so some folk still like the messaging.

As my own dear father once claimed (and I've quoted this on here before) "why would they print something if it wasn't true". Have you got all day, Dad?

27 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It's horrific.

Am convinced there's been a fair few murders in Leicester/Leicestershire recently, too?..

Not sure about that as I reside in Notts now, heard through a friend it was gang related and the person stabbed also had a knife on him (though this is just hearsay) . Doesn't really soften the feeling of unease too much, though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

It's horrific.

Two in Leicester I think and one in Whetstone, in the past two weeks. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

People of Georgia elected themselves a real winner there, didn't they?

I keep complaining to Leicester City Council about "Sir" "Peter" "Soulsby" spying on me through a camera I'm convinced has been installed in my kitchen tap but it's proving quite difficult to get this taken seriously

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

People of Georgia elected themselves a real winner there, didn't they?

Easily my favourite murican politician. She's literally never said a single thing I could even almost agree with, every single sentence (of what I've seen) seems bounce off the walls crazy. It's hilarious. lol

8 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Easily my favourite murican politician. She's literally never said a single thing I could even almost agree with, every single sentence (of what I've seen) seems bounce off the walls crazy. It's hilarious. lol

If I didn't know better, I would think she's actually part of a massive social experiment because there's no way she can be serious.

"I am not vaccinated. So I'm not concerned about blood clots, heart conditions, strokes, or anything else."

Because naturally, it goes without saying, the sole and singular cause of blood clots, heart conditions, strokes or "anything else" come to that, is vaccination.

Can Congress not contrive some bogus envoy position for her in Equatorial Guinea? "Off you go then Marj. Hang on, the diphtheria; hepatitis A/B, tetanus, yellow fever and typhoid out there? - oh wait, you won't be needing the vaccinations after all will you? That's fine then. Oh and that Marburg Virus thingy, no worse than the common cold, nothing more than a slight sniffle. Just watch out for the spying TV sets, that's all. Bye then!"

I don't care what any of you say though, climate change is a hoax. Space lasers directed by the Rothschild family really did start wildfires in California.