Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

36 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Woman thanks the Samaritans for helping her at Glastonbury.

Tory MP responds with this:

That 2019 intake really are vile aren't they

Given Twitter can be something of a cesspool, it's good to see him taking a well deserved hammering in the comments.

52 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

There really is an 'end of days' stench about the Tories at the moment. They know they'll be out of office next year and just can't be bothered to even attempt a facade of decency. This individual's seat is in a swing constituency, so with any luck he'll be just an unpleasant memory by this time next year.

• Like 3

On 26/06/2023 at 06:00, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66016948

An airport employee has died after being sucked into a passenger plane engine in Texas.

Oooof, turbine blender. Nasty way to go.

This has taken a strange turn

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/airline-worker-ingested-by-plane-engine-at-texas-airport-died-by-suicide-officials-say/ar-AA1d443K?OCID=ansmsnnews11

40 minutes ago, marbles said:

Huh...well, I'd have thought an easily accessible firearm in the comfort of one's home would have been just as painless, and quicker and less messy too. Odd.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Huh...well, I'd have thought an easily accessible firearm in the comfort of one's home would have been just as painless, and quicker and less messy too. Odd.

Yeah, I don’t get it.

Why traumatize others?  It’s not much different than someone stepping in front of a train or a truck.

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I can’t believe that’s real, what an absolute twat 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

From what I read last week, death by imploding deep sea submersible sounds like a brilliant way to go, but probably out of his price range

Not sure if this made it over there, but our wonderful people in the finance world demonstrated again what upstanding honest people they are and why all people have an equal opportunity to succeed.

https://www.afr.com/companies/professional-services/the-inside-story-of-pwc-s-tax-scandal-20230504-p5d5k5#:~:text=The consultancy is facing one,This is how it happened.

In short, they sat on the government policy making team, designed new tax measures.... Then, went back to their corporate mates and told them exactly how to avoid the new tax measures. Lost millions in taxes for Australia and charged both the government and the corporates for their services.

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Something a bit lighter:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-66028606

South Koreans have become a year or two younger as a new law aligns the nation's age-counting system with international standards.

The law scraps a centuries-old system that deems South Koreans one year old at birth, counting time in the womb.

Always found this a bit quirky.

Previously, the most widely used calculation method in Korea was the centuries-old "Korean age" system, in which a person turns one at birth and gains a year on 1 January. This means a baby born on 31 December will be two years old the next day.

1 day old baby is 2 years old? How the hell? That's gotta cause some headaches if they were anything like me and watching YouTube videos on wtf to do at what age lol

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Not sure if this made it over there, but our wonderful people in the finance world demonstrated again what upstanding honest people they are and why all people have an equal opportunity to succeed.

https://www.afr.com/companies/professional-services/the-inside-story-of-pwc-s-tax-scandal-20230504-p5d5k5#:~:text=The consultancy is facing one,This is how it happened.

In short, they sat on the government policy making team, designed new tax measures.... Then, went back to their corporate mates and told them exactly how to avoid the new tax measures. Lost millions in taxes for Australia and charged both the government and the corporates for their services.

Yeh big news here too. Can’t believe they were stupid enough to get caught, given this will undoubtedly happen everywhere. The consulting business has been sold for 50p

13 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

From what I read last week, death by imploding deep sea submersible sounds like a brilliant way to go, but probably out of his price range

It would, but the build up would be a bit of a cliff hanger.

36 minutes ago, Daggers said:

image.png.0c37a7833b8c65202f770192a14dd244.png

Water companies privatised into monopolies

Water company pay shareholders with debt

Water company fails and government takes on debt. 

Genius. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Water firms pushing for 40% rise in bills to pay for the sewage crises that the water companies themselves created, and now we're bailing out one of the country's biggest water suppliers whilst shareholders line their pockets. 

Yet another Thatcherite privatisation disaster. Surely even the thickest Tories can see that zero competition monopolies aren't a reasonable form of capitalism? 

It's a failing system. Nationalise the fvcking lot of them NOW. 

What a con the whole lot was and is

• Like 2

Something very dodgy about the Thames Water story. I'm sure there was a news story last year where they paid out over £1bn in dividends to shareholders, a big chunk of which were private investment funds from China and Malaysia.

A year later and they're suddenly £14bn in debt? I'm not the best with numbers or money and finance but why were they paying out such big dividends last year if they're so far in debt?

• Thanks 1