Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

On 30/06/2023 at 02:45, Super_horns said:

Seems a pretty clear example of getting the law wrong rather than bad intentions.  Hopefully this helps other employers to understand it better.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I suspect they know stuff we don't...

Yes most likely this. Farage is doing classic bang to rights get ahead of the story PR approach isn’t he.  If it turns out he is being funded by sanctioned Russian interests he is ****ed.

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don't think this is all about a kid getting shot by the police.

No, it isn't, it's about what they perceive to be a litany of mistreatment by the establishment. The kid getting shot by the police was just the spark that lit the fire.

But that being said, those downtrodden in the US do perhaps likely have a few more causes to be angry at such social mistreatment than the French do and imagine if they did get as angry as the French at such mistreatment.

3 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

France is a feral shithole isn’t it. 

I suppose that's one way of putting it. Speaking personally I think it's rather good that they choose to show their displeasure at those they elect not doing their jobs rather than keeping their heads down and simply accepting such mistreatment ("mustn't grumble, people out there far worse off than us" and all that). I know the obvious response is that they have the ballot box for that, but sometimes four/five years is rather a long time to wait.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

No, it isn't, it's about what they perceive to be a litany of mistreatment by the establishment. The kid getting shot by the police was just the spark that lit the fire.

But that being said, those downtrodden in the US do perhaps likely have a few more causes to be angry at such social mistreatment than the French do and imagine if they did get as angry as the French at such mistreatment.

I suppose that's one way of putting it. Speaking personally I think it's rather good that they choose to show their displeasure at those they elect not doing their jobs rather than keeping their heads down and simply accepting such mistreatment ("mustn't grumble, people out there far worse off than us" and all that). I know the obvious response is that they have the ballot box for that, but sometimes four/five years is rather a long time to wait.

Wasn’t about protesting per se, but the amount of rioting that seems to happen on a seemingly weekly basis. And then you have decapitations, knife attacks etc constantly in the news..

37 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don't think this is all about a kid getting shot by the police.

Tbh I have no idea what it's all about. I've heard jack shit from any of the protesters. Usually there's some form of demands from groups or something but I dunno.

If anyone has any ideas I'd like to know. 

5 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Wasn’t about protesting per se, but the amount of rioting that seems to happen on a seemingly weekly basis. And then you have decapitations, knife attacks etc constantly in the news..

I'd have to do some digging for the murder rate of France to the UK to see if there's much actual disparity.

But on the general topic, I wish that other areas were as politically aware and active as the French are, rather than apathetic.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Tbh I have no idea what it's all about. I've heard jack shit from any of the protesters. Usually there's some form of demands from groups or something but I dunno.

If anyone has any ideas I'd like to know. 

For a start, the kid ain't a kid, he was known to the police for car offences, he got pulled in a merc with polish number plates without a licence, then tried to do a runner, no excuse for the police to shoot him though but you push your luck and somethings going to happen including kicking off a nation wide riot of north africans being pissed off with heavy handed french police.

1 hour ago, DanNDH88 said:

France is a feral shithole isn’t it. 

45 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Whilst I don’t advocate violence, I wish we’d show even a fraction of the anger at the social injustice and governmental failure in this country - of which we have plenty.

Instead our brow-beaten, brainwashed population of turkeys keep voting for Christmas.

There have been similar riots in Britain and there will be again

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Never understand riots. Smashing up your city and ruining local people and businesses. How is that going to improve anything? 

While I agree it's going to ruin a lot of people's businesses etc., I certainly think it's going to improve policing, certainly more than sitting on your arse and just writing a strongly worded article about how it's not fine that you can shoot to death unnarmed teenagers will do at any rate, that isn't going to cause the police institution to change.

There's no way the high ups in the French police won't be bricking it right now and panickly rewriting all their training laws, working out how many of them are going to have to resign etc. to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I mean, let's be fair, not saying the pros outweigh the cons by a long shot or that it's warrented in most cases, but in terms of "how is that going to improve things?" it's pretty clear how rioting on the back of atrocities can pressurise the authorities into thinking that they've lost control and improve things for the future.

Meanwhile, the UK governments pushes through bills giving the home sec powers to shut down any protests they like, taking away a key check and balance that holds up democracy and another bill giving dual citizens less rights and literally turning them into 2nd class citizens and everyone sits passively by just letting it happen, while the stories barely make the news in the UK.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

probably to stop people viewing the events in France? they don't want a domino effect in other countrys.

I think it's more to do with the site falling apart because Apartheid Clyde isn't particularly smart