Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

11 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Few of these types I sometimes feel a bit sorry for tbh. Laurence Fox particularly, I know he's probably doing alright financially off of this grift, but predicating your outward-facing personality and a significant part of your existence on hatred and anger must be very damaging and he seems a deeply unhappy person sometimes.

Yeah, it all just feels like a runaway train of embarrassment and justification. There are definitely some who aim to make money from it but for most it’s more about a spiral of insulted honour.

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, I personally love watching Lineker rustle the jimmies of Tory bootlickers. 

That's because we hate Tories. Imagine if Lineker was aTommy Robinson fan. As @Nalis said it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Vardy holds some unsavoury views.

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Few of these types I sometimes feel a bit sorry for tbh. Laurence Fox particularly, I know he's probably doing alright financially off of this grift, but predicating your outward-facing personality and a significant part of your existence on hatred and anger must be very damaging and he seems a deeply unhappy person sometimes.

So I know someone who knows him personally (and is close friends to an ex of his) and apparently it started off as a bit of an act for attention and he's found it increasingly hard to separate the act and what he believes. So yes can imagine that is quite tough to live with

5 hours ago, Dunge said:

It’s been eerily fascinating to watch Le Tissier’s descent, from “I have questions” to “This is all a grand conspiracy, orchestrated by the mysterious ‘they’”. It’s a case study in someone slowly getting warped into all of this, on the surface because their ego couldn’t admit they were wrong about anything. Maybe there’s an underlying cause and turmoil. But either way I don’t know how you prevent it.

Two possible ways I can think of, one horribly distasteful, the other horribly difficult.

The first: the "Chinese" solution. Can't be misinformation if every single outlet is monitored and the people spouting it - and then the people originating it - get a tap on the shoulder and then much worse. Not an option, both because it's ethically horrible and also limits the ability of discerning misinformation to the state alone, which is practically sub-optimal too. Also even with all of Xi's horses and all of Xi's men watching everything, there are ways past it and such warping is still possible and still happens.

The second: target the principal instigators of such schemes only, through any means, civil or criminal. If they can lie enough about some people that others believe it, then others can lie about them enough for people to believe it in court. Difficult, because firstly those people are likely going to be incredibly influential and politically connected anyway, and secondly the social media companies may not play ball simply because they know controversy drives revenue and those people generate it - the truth be damned.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

The second: target the principal instigators of such schemes only, through any means, civil or criminal. If they can lie enough about some people that others believe it, then others can lie about them enough for people to believe it in court. Difficult, because firstly those people are likely going to be incredibly influential and politically connected anyway, and secondly the social media companies may not play ball simply because they know controversy drives revenue and those people generate it - the truth be damned.

Plus, then it would be the WEF/Blob/Jewish conspiracy/Bill Gates/Aliens trying to silence honest truth to power merchants - like the conspiracy to deprive NIgel Frogface of the right to lie about his bank account or stopping Tommy Ten-Names from grifting and being a racist. 

We just have to accept this is now a facet of modern life. In a way, it always has been; The Demon-haunted World by Carl Sagan details a long history of people wanting to believe bollocks.

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Plus, then it would be the WEF/Blob/Jewish conspiracy/Bill Gates/Aliens trying to silence honest truth to power merchants - like the conspiracy to deprive NIgel Frogface of the right to lie about his bank account or stopping Tommy Ten-Names from grifting and being a racist. 

We just have to accept this is now a facet of modern life. In a way, it always has been; The Demon-haunted World by Carl Sagan details a long history of people wanting to believe bollocks.

Yeah, it's a hydra - efforts will just need to be made to deal with each new head as it spouts, I guess.

15 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is absolutely shocking:

Bloody hell.  I mean I'm fine with adventurer types pushing the boundaries and risking their own lives, but to also risk the life of the pilots, journalists, guests like that on and on.  Jesus.  They believed their own bullshit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Bloody hell.  I mean I'm fine with adventurer types pushing the boundaries and risking their own lives, but to also risk the life of the pilots, journalists, guests like that on and on.  Jesus.  They believed their own bullshit.

It's amazing isn't it? I had a boss like that - constantly been told that his ideas were shite and ploughing on regardless, the outcome a surprise to him and nobody else - but fortunately in a sector where the stakes weren't so high

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It's amazing isn't it? I had a boss like that - constantly been told that his ideas were shite and ploughing on regardless, the outcome a surprise to him and nobody else - but fortunately in a sector where the stakes weren't so high

Has the club renewed your contract or are you currently looking for someone else to play for?