Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

The thing that makes me laugh about the BBC presenter story is the parent of the teenager seems to lay blame for them becoming a crack addict because of the money.

Had the 'victim' invested the 35k wisely, set up a business and become successful, would this even be newsworthy?

Maybe the parent needs to ask themselves why their child took to drugs.

And in no way am I defending the BBC presenter, whether it be a moral or legal issue.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

The thing that makes me laugh about the BBC presenter story is the parent of the teenager seems to lay blame for them becoming a crack addict because of the money.

Had the 'victim' invested the 35k wisely, set up a business and become successful, would this even be newsworthy?

Maybe the parent needs to ask themselves why their child took to drugs.

And in no way am I defending the BBC presenter, whether it be a moral or legal issue.

I don’t  think the money was given in one lump sum, it was spread over 3 years, I think…

Just now, MPH said:

I don’t  think the money was given in one lump sum, it was spread over 3 years, I think…

Oh, yeah, point still stands though.

If for whatever reason I acquired an extra 35k over the next 3 years, I'm not going to spend it on crack.

Just now, tom27111 said:

Oh, yeah, point still stands though.

If for whatever reason I acquired an extra 35k over the next 3 years, I'm not going to spend it on crack.

im glad you can speak from a position that is free from addictions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

im glad you can speak from a position that is free from addictions.

So if you send some pictures of your dick to someone for a lot of money, thats the thing that makes you buy crack?

It isn't is it?

There's a hell of a lot of young women only Onlyfans who have used this as a business model and they've set themselves up for life, not become drug addicts.

I think Jude Bellingham made more than 35k by that age, as far as I'm aware, he's not on class A drugs?

Again, not defending anyone who is older and could be abusing a position of power. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

So if you send some pictures of your dick to someone for a lot of money, thats the thing that makes you buy crack?

It isn't is it?

There's a hell of a lot of young women only Onlyfans who have used this as a business model and they've set themselves up for life, not become drug addicts.

I think Jude Bellingham made more than 35k by that age, as far as I'm aware, he's not on class A drugs?

Again, not defending anyone who is older and could be abusing a position of power. 

what I’m saying is when you have an addiction you’ll often do ANYTHING for money..

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

what I’m saying is when you have an addiction you’ll often do ANYTHING for money..

I see your point, we maybe have a bit of crossed wires.

From my understanding, the parent is saying that's what started the addiction.

"She described to the paper how her child had gone from a "happy-go-lucky youngster to a ghost-like crack addict" in three years."

Edited by tom27111

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I see your point, we maybe have a bit of crossed wires.

Grom my understanding, the parent is saying that's what started the addiction.

"She described to the paper how her child had gone from a "happy-go-lucky youngster to a ghost-like crack addict" in three years."

it’s clever writing by the mum/ newspaper and I’m sure it’s suits the story well to paint it that way… and of course if you ask any parent they will always look for outside reasons to explain away addictions. And you’re right, people don’t often have the money first and then CHOOSE to spend it on drugs… it would fit a very normal pattern  that they somehow get caught up in something and then turn to whatever they can to feed their addiction. Of course ‘ the norm’ doesn’t always happen…   I  just have a very high threshold of accepting honest writing from newspapers.. 

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

it’s clever writing by the mum/ newspaper and I’m sure it’s suits the story well to paint it that way… and of course if you ask any parent they will always look for outside reasons to explain away addictions. And you’re right, people don’t often have the money first and then CHOOSE to spend it on drugs… it would fit a very normal pattern  that they somehow get caught up in something and then turn to whatever they can to feed their addiction. Of course ‘ the norm’ doesn’t always happen…   I  just have a very high threshold of accepting honest writing from newspapers.. 

Absolutely. 

It also begs the question why hasn't the mother gone to the police, rather than the BBC and then the press.

Because 'nudes' should only be for people 18+

God forbid the family thought they could make a few quid out of it.

I hope they spend it wisely lol

And not arguing with you @MPH

And again, just to reiterate, in no way do I condone any of this.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Absolutely. 

It also begs the question why hasn't the mother gone to the police, rather than the BBC and then the press.

Because 'nudes' should only be for people 18+

God forbid the family thought they could make a few quid out of it.

I hope they spend it wisely lol

And not arguing with you @MPH

And again, just to reiterate, in no way do I condone any of this.

If I had a child caught up in all this the last thing I’d want is for it to be spread all over the tabloids and tv. Shocking behavior by the parents.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66145898

"Up to 2,000 anti-LGBT protesters stormed a gay pride festival in Georgia's capital Tbilisi on Saturday, forcing its cancellation.

The right-wing protesters, who included Orthodox Christian clergy, scuffled with police, rushed the stage and burned rainbow flags."

....I guess it's progress that such a festival can happen in Eastern Europe at all, but evidently the Abrahamic religious bigotry is still rife. Appalling how one line from the Old Testament written by a single human being still causes so much strife so much time later.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

It isn't is it?

I did wonder how this whole situation came about. Did this presenter meet a 17 year old and start offering money for nudes.

Or was the teen selling nudes through something like Onlyfans maybe to fund a drug habit and the Presenter happened to be a fan.

Edited by Captain...

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66145898

"Up to 2,000 anti-LGBT protesters stormed a gay pride festival in Georgia's capital Tbilisi on Saturday, forcing its cancellation.

The right-wing protesters, who included Orthodox Christian clergy, scuffled with police, rushed the stage and burned rainbow flags."

....I guess it's progress that such a festival can happen in Eastern Europe at all, but evidently the Abrahamic religious bigotry is still rife. Appalling how one line from the Old Testament written by a single human being still causes so much strife so much time later.

Not trying to be insensitive here but how many of these festivals are there 

28 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Quite a few. The one in Seoul is consistently disrupted politically and literally every year by the bigot crew, too.

Still, progress is being made, it's just slower than would be nice.

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

not trying to be banned here, but why does that matter?

• Like 1