Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

The power dynamics in this case are so frightening and in so many different directions. 

Frankly if the Sun were that concerned then they should have given the story to the police and BBC privately, if there is a case to answer then they deal with it and report it in the news. 

The Sun should be buried. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Mark Stephens on fivelive said that the met have looked at the evidence and currently see no case to bring. 

Presumably the sun have protected themselves by not mentioning any names 

infact only on SM have names been outed 

Interesting times - I say we all sue musk !

Additionally it benefits the sun the longer the name is unconfirmed. 

38 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

If you believe the talk on the streets of Westminster, a certain ex Chancellor has benefitted greatly from Just Stop Oil and the Sun being the terrible company it is. 

Does anyone care that the certain ex chancellor cheated on all his partners ?  I mean the former PM did it as standard practice 

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I suspect some sort of deal has gone on and we'll never know the fulk story 

It sounds very much like the mother went directly against her son’s wishes when she approached the Sun. I wonder about her motivation for doing that. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It sounds very much like the mother went directly against her son’s wishes when she approached the Sun. I wonder about her motivation for doing that. 

You could also say what’s the motivation of the persons lawyer saying it’s rubbish, it’s a minefield.

12 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

You could also say what’s the motivation of the persons lawyer saying it’s rubbish, it’s a minefield.

It seems the alleged victim and his mother are estranged, which maybe partly explains why they’re giving such differing accounts. My guess is that the lad put content up on OnlyFans, where he was discovered by the TV presenter. The TV presenter assumed the lad was 18 or over, as stipulated by the rules on OnlyFans, and offered him money for private content. The lad’s mother discovered all this and complained to the BBC, then approached the Sun when the BBC appeared not to be doing anything about it. The lad was horrified by this and regarded it as a gross invasion of his privacy by his mother, and begged the Sun not to publish. They ignored his request published anyway. 

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It seems the alleged victim and his mother are estranged, which maybe partly explains why they’re giving such differing accounts. My guess is that the lad put content up on OnlyFans, where he was discovered by the TV presenter. The TV presenter assumed the lad was 18 or over, as stipulated by the rules on OnlyFans, and offered him money for private content. The lad’s mother discovered all this and complained to the BBC, then approached the Sun when the BBC appeared not to be doing anything about it. The lad was horrified by this and regarded it as a gross invasion of his privacy by his mother, and begged the Sun not to publish. They ignored his request published anyway. 

I get the details, but, legal or not, it’s all a bit pervy ain’t it.

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I get the details, but, legal or not, it’s all a bit pervy ain’t it.

People will make their own judgments about that. All I know is that I feel very sorry for the young lad who has had this story blow up against his will, and I’m starting to feel sorry for the presenter, who may not have knowingly done anything wrong. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I guess it depends if you believe the mother's intentions in all of this are to stop her son killing himself with a drug habit funded by selling nudes. If he's a crack addict then of course he's going to have no complaints about getting £35k for a few dick pics and he knows that now this has all come out his gravy train has left the station.

If the parents had any concern about the welfare of a child, their own child, did they even go to the Police?? 

I don't get the clamour for the BBC to name the individual either. It wouldn't be right to do so if the individual later turned out to be innocent. And especially given the evidence is somewhat lacking. 

43 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I would guess this is probably what’s happened. 

Obviously the parents are going to want to try everything they can to get the kid to stop getting drugs and get clean, and by stopping this supply of money then they think that’s the best way. Probably a mothers desperate attempts clouded judgement. 

Wether or not people think it’s Pervy or not, if it’s not illegal then they should be allowed back into work. And the papers need more regulations and should be massively fined for running this story if it is indeed inaccurate. Imagine being named for it and it wasn’t even you, and it wasn’t even illegal 😂

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If the parents had any concern about the welfare of a child, their own child, did they even go to the Police?? 

I don't get the clamour for the BBC to name the individual either. It wouldn't be right to do so if the individual later turned out to be innocent. And especially given the evidence is somewhat lacking. 

BBC news just reported that The Sun are saying the step dad did go to the police and the police said there wasn't a crime, so they went to the paper.

But who knows what the truth is anymore?!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nnfox said:

BBC news just reported that The Sun are saying the step dad did go to the police and the police said there wasn't a crime, so they went to the paper.

But who knows what the truth is anymore?!  

So there wasn’t a crime, and this person can’t surely be called a child if over 18?

I also read on the suns website that it says they’re 20 now but has gone on for 3 years. Well that could have started at 18 and they’re now nearly 21 and it’s coming up to 3 years, and not at the reported 17 years of age as the sun claim. 

26 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I guess it depends if you believe the mother's intentions in all of this are to stop her son killing himself with a drug habit funded by selling nudes. If he's a crack addict then of course he's going to have no complaints about getting £35k for a few dick pics and he knows that now this has all come out his gravy train has left the station.

I have sympathy for the mother. If I discovered a child of mine was using crack and posting nude pictures to fund it, I would of course be horrified. I may even go to the BBC to complain. I’m not sure I’d have approached the Sun, though - especially if I knew my child did not want the story to become public. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Does anyone care that the certain ex chancellor cheated on all his partners ?  I mean the former PM did it as standard practice 

Considering the email mentions a 16 year old and a woman who ‘could barely stand’, yeah I think that takes some attention. 

JSO have distanced themselves from the confetti situation, so it’s got those of us mistrusting of the media rather questioning the whole play. 

Bozza’s what’s app messages story has been buried this weekend too. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Are you saying we can't even trust crack addicts now?

Truly, the old ways are being turned on their head

My granddad used to tell me that in the olden days you could leave your crack stash on your doorstep while you went out and nobody would touch it. A more innocent time…😍

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gubbins said:

This might be right in a general sense but likely isn't in this specific incident. Its infinitely more likely that the pupil here is just either mentally unwell or as a few others on here have mentioned is a standard teenage scumbag who has a grudge for something like being put in detention too often

6 hours ago, foxile5 said:

But, and this is the point I think being made, the response is informed by the current climate of overt and unwarranted Jesus criticism of that group.

The action and response is amplified by the perception presented in the media and not as a direct result of it.

What he said.

Also, the current strain of anti-intellectualism running through many societies pisses me off and scares me in equal measure, for different reasons.

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

This is a golden age of disinformation, isn't it?

"Freelance" journalists offering cash to those willing to say their kid identifies as an animal, Just Stop Oil but not Just Stop Oil disrupting George Osborne's wedding, and now someone seemingly bypassing the actual authorities to claim their kid - who apparently wants no part of this great scoop - has been the victim of a wrong 'un at the BBC, of all places!

It was a lot simpler in my day, when it was just Karen Matthews hiding Shannon under the bed and that American bloke pretending his son had been carried away in that stupid balloon he'd made 

“The untested truths spun by different interests continue to churn and accumulate in the sandbox of political correctness and value systems. Everyone withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid of a larger forum. They stay inside their little ponds, leaking whatever ‘truth’ suits them into the growing cesspool of society at large. The different cardinal truths neither clash nor mesh. No one is invalidated, but nobody is right. The world is being engulfed in "truth"...”

Meanwhile, Johnson failed to hand his phone over, the Tory rapist is still unarmed, and another Tory MP has been setting up interviews just to get young women’s numbers and bombard them with harassing messages - but you won’t read about that in The Scum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1