Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

The Sun will not stop until it gets a public execution.

I really, really hope for the good of all of us that this is the beginning of the end. Fvcking throw everything at it and bring it down for good.

• Like 4

Can someone explain why interest rates are so high, the highest they have ever been? 

I don't understand why the inflation is so high... this seems like they are trying to squeeze the public out of every last penny to create this fake recession.

Edited by whoareyaaa

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Am I missing the point about all of this? Are there any allegations of an actual crime being committed? Sure it's quite murky but why is it such a huge scandal?

No crime was committed. Obviously a very complicated private life but nothing criminal.  This is something that should have been kept private and for him and his family to deal with.

No great scandal and very much a private matter but not with News International stoking the fire through their various media platforms.

This is not news.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Am I missing the point about all of this? Are there any allegations of an actual crime being committed? Sure it's quite murky but why is it such a huge scandal?

There’s no real public allegations of him knowingly doing much wrong yet as far as I’m aware. Feels like it’s allegedly onlyfans who are allegedly in the wrong for allegedly not properly age checking their users unless I‘ve also missed something 

Edited by Sampson

15 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

The Sun will not stop until it gets a public execution.

I really, really hope for the good of all of us that this is the beginning of the end. Fvcking throw everything at it and bring it down for good.

Caroline Flack killed herself because of these newspapers.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Isn't this in part due to the image that Huw Edwards always seems to exude as the BBC's Mr Respectable? It reminds me slightly of Frank Bough's downfall.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Can someone explain why interest rates are so high, the highest they have ever been? 

I don't understand why the inflation is so high... this seems like they are trying to squeeze the public out of every last penny to create this fake recession.

Because idiots backed the public sector’s payrise demands ignoring this being the obvious thing that would happen. 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

There’s no real public allegations of him knowingly doing much wrong yet as far as I’m aware. Feels like it’s allegedly onlyfans who are allegedly in the wrong for allegedly not properly age checking their users unless I‘ve also missed something 

Allegedly.

Still it deflects away from all the incompetence  of this cvnty government eh?

You would think they have colluded  with The Sun to cover up their own failings for a few weeks....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Because idiots backed the public sector’s payrise demands ignoring this being the obvious thing that would happen. 

A 6 or 7 % pay rise for teachers etc isnt the root cause.

Maybe look abit further like billions wasted on non existing contracts to mps friends for non existing  covid PPE.

Also all of a sudden billions found behind the sofa to help the Ukrainians when most of us mere mortals are working harder for less pay.

Just hope these other countries  help UK in a couple of decades when it's a third world country!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Because inflation needs to come down and the Bank of England think that the only way this can be done is to create a recession by taking money out of peoples pockets and also encouraging those with money to save rather than spend via increased returns on savings accounts. Reduced demand should mean prices fall. 

however, the basic reasons for prices to have gone up is energy costs (not demand led) and brexit consequences that restrict supply chains which would have created additional competition (which would also help drive down prices). I think Inflation here is also lasting longer because companies absorbed a lot of the initial cost increases on the way up  and are trying to take back those losses on the way down. But they are over doing this because they can due to that supply side issue. 

if a recession is the only way of getting inflation down then that’s a pretty sad state of affairs for this country. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Isn't this in part due to the image that Huw Edwards always seems to exude as the BBC's Mr Respectable? It reminds me slightly of Frank Bough's downfall.

That’s a very kind reading of the story to the Sun. It’s been clear from the offset the Sun is trying to imply peadophillia that the police have said isn’t there. I don’t think it had anything to do with Edwards’ clean image rather than who he works for and the fact there’s still prejudice around gay men and accusations of paedophila.

I’m not convinced this makes the news at all if it is an older ITV presenter with a younger woman. Let alone front page news

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not a criminal offence, but surely a sackable one for gross misconduct.

It's a scandal because Edwards is very high profile and the media says it's a scandal. Therefore it's a scandal.

It is though, TBF.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

No crime. Poor judgement. Feel for wife and kids. All very questionable but not illegal. Doubt we’ll see him on the beeb again. 

If we see him with his wife again I'd be surprised given that she is the whistle-blower.

30 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

No crime was committed. Obviously a very complicated private life but nothing criminal.  This is something that should have been kept private and for him and his family to deal with.

No great scandal and very much a private matter but not with News International stoking the fire through their various media platforms.

This is not news.

Ms Vardy's tiff with Ms Rooney wasn't news but look how we all followed it and made it so. Fuelled by the British media.

12 minutes ago, Raj said:

A 6 or 7 % pay rise for teachers etc isnt the root cause.

Maybe look abit further like billions wasted on non existing contracts to mps friends for non existing  covid PPE.

Also all of a sudden billions found behind the sofa to help the Ukrainians when most of us mere mortals are working harder for less pay.

Just hope these other countries  help UK in a couple of decades when it's a third world country!!

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Because inflation needs to come down and the Bank of England think that the only way this can be done is to create a recession by taking money out of peoples pockets and also encouraging those with money to save rather than spend via increased returns on savings accounts. Reduced demand should mean prices fall. 

however, the basic reasons for prices to have gone up is energy costs (not demand led) and brexit consequences that restrict supply chains which would have created additional competition (which would also help drive down prices). I think Inflation here is also lasting longer because companies absorbed a lot of the initial cost increases on the way up  and are trying to take back those losses on the way down. But they are over doing this because they can due to that supply side issue. 

if a recession is the only way of getting inflation down then that’s a pretty sad state of affairs for this country. 

I think both of these are having an effect but it still doesn't really add up..

while doing some research I found this .. I think the bit in bold is pretty damming.

Has a decision been taken yet?

No. But the Bank of England and HM Treasury judge it likely that a digital pound will be needed in the future. They have just published a four-month consultation, following which they will proceed with the “design” phase. A decision on whether or not to go ahead with the digital pound will be taken at the end of the design phase – in 2025 or 2026.

The consultation paper contains a lot of detail. However, we have distilled some of the key points of interest below.

What factors will inform the decision?

The Bank of England and HM Treasury have indicated that the following factors will be relevant to any decision:

• how the payments landscape evolves in the coming years, both in the UK and abroad;
  • whether the decline in the use of cash continues, diminishing the public’s access to and use of central bank money meaning the monetary system could become fragmented, posing a risk to monetary and financial stability;
Edited by whoareyaaa

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Not a criminal offence, but surely a sackable one for gross misconduct.

It's a scandal because Edwards is very high profile and the media says it's a scandal. Therefore it's a scandal.

It is though, TBF.

Admittedly I've not kept up with it from the start but I just assumed from the uproar that it was a case involving a minor

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Admittedly I've not kept up with it from the start but I just assumed from the uproar that it was a case involving a minor

It's not. The "victim" is described as a young person. Neither age nor gender has been disclosed. 

If it was a minor, the reporting by the media would have been far more intense.