Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

19 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

For what?

Multiple sources independently detailing exceptionally toxic and coercive sexual behaviour. 

In response, there’s been no response. Which, given he’s a fan of shitposting, speaks volumes. 

Couldn’t happen to a nicer chap. 

• Thanks 2

I wonder if there is a case for a review of media in this country 

perhaps it should not be possible for the same ownership to have newspapers  plus tv stations and or radio stations 

I assume that this applies to the bbc too 

their radio network may have to be replaced with a different management model separated from the tv 

33 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I remember a somewhat challenging phase when FT general chat was a lot more right wing than it is now, and one of the highlights of that was the posting of a surprising amount of Rod Liddle content

the urban liberal elitists just didn't understand

20 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Multiple sources independently detailing exceptionally toxic and coercive sexual behaviour. 

In response, there’s been no response. Which, given he’s a fan of shitposting, speaks volumes. 

Couldn’t happen to a nicer chap. 

Thanks.

He does seem like someone, judging from his Twitter, who likes to blow his own trumpet.

My favourite scurrilous political rumour at the minute is that it's going to come out that when Johnson went into hospital with COVID-19 he wasn't really ill at all.

Just imagine if that's true. I know the bar for what actually cuts through seems to rise ever higher, but that could be AMAZING

39 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

My favourite scurrilous political rumour at the minute is that it's going to come out that when Johnson went into hospital with COVID-19 he wasn't really ill at all.

Just imagine if that's true. I know the bar for what actually cuts through seems to rise ever higher, but that could be AMAZING

He was in a hospital 

are you saying that nhs staff were in collusion with the govt? 

45 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I know I didn't!

But a lot of folk couldn't get enough of that right wing stuff. Burqas and grooming gangs as far as the eye could see

I vaguely remember someone claiming they'd seen a Somalian shitting on the floor of their local M&S

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, st albans fox said:

perhaps it should not be possible for the same ownership to have newspapers  plus tv stations and or radio stations 

their radio network may have to be replaced with a different management model separated from the tv 

Not really, people slagging off the sun and then doing exactly the same thing on this football forum and probably every other type of social media, even going to the extents of not naming names but giving hints because they’d read it on some other medium. I know one thing, if we'd had what we have now in the 70’s, Jimmy saville wouldn’t have got away with the stuff he got up to.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He was in a hospital 

are you saying that nhs staff were in collusion with the govt? 

I'm not saying anything because it's not my rumour. But the version I read did quote a "doctor".

To be honest, if there is any truth in it I don't think it's any worse than a lot of the stuff that he's actually done, but I'd love to see his fans defend that one

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Dan Wootton might be making the news soon rather than commenting on it 

I will be there for every single second of it. Genuinely one of the most vile human beings on the planet. His downfall is going to be delicious. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Well for starters I'd look very closely at who owns it, do fit and proper tests on owners, make it incredibly transparent where any funding is coming from and ban foreign ownership of UK media. I just can't see how it can possibly be in our interests to let this model continue, and maybe it's just me being overly cynical but I struggle to believe that the intentions of anyone putting money into another country's media are wholly innocent.

I'd create a proper press regulator like the one proposed by the Leveson Enquiry, and bin off IPSO (billionaire owned newspapers marking their own homework). This would include compulsory retractions of equal size and prominence to the original story where any are proven to be bollocks and I'd also ban opinions as headlines.

I'd give OFCOM a kick up the arse to make them enforce the existing rules properly. I'd do anything I could to disrupt the cosy relationships between the press and politicians (e.g. Tony Blair at Rupert Murdoch's wedding) and I'd stop the appointment of the chairman of the BBC being the responsibility of the government. I'd probably stop media people getting honours as I can't see how this could possibly not be a conflict of interests.

As you can tell I don't really have strong opinions on this or ever give it any thought

• Like 4

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

This government would not even allow Leveson part 2 to take place.  Lest we forget that enquiry was in the wake of a hacking scandal that convinced Milly Dowler's family she must still be alive when she was not.  Amongst other horrific sh1t.  

A complete review is pie in the sky whilst the current incumbents enjoy the support of a predominantly right wing media. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Well for starters I'd look very closely at who owns it, do fit and proper tests on owners, make it incredibly transparent where any funding is coming from and ban foreign ownership of UK media. I just can't see how it can possibly be in our interests to let this model continue, and maybe it's just me being overly cynical but I struggle to believe that the intentions of anyone putting money into another country's media are wholly innocent.

I'd create a proper press regulator like the one proposed by the Leveson Enquiry, and bin off IPSO (billionaire owned newspapers marking their own homework). This would include compulsory retractions of equal size and prominence to the original story where any are proven to be bollocks and I'd also ban opinions as headlines.

I'd give OFCOM a kick up the arse to make them enforce the existing rules properly. I'd do anything I could to disrupt the cosy relationships between the press and politicians (e.g. Tony Blair at Rupert Murdoch's wedding) and I'd stop the appointment of the chairman of the BBC being the responsibility of the government. I'd probably stop media people getting honours as I can't see how this could possibly not be a conflict of interests.

As you can tell I don't really have strong opinions on this or ever give it any thought

Shit just got real if Bellend started making serious posts 😳

Edited by Daggers
Fvck you autocorrect

There is no chance that Boris lied about being in hospital with Covid. Being at death’s door makes you look weak. The only way around he would have lied would have been to claim he didn’t need the hospital when he did.

6 hours ago, Dunge said:

There is no chance that Boris lied about being in hospital with Covid. Being at death’s door makes you look weak. The only way around he would have lied would have been to claim he didn’t need the hospital when he did.

Have you not followed this man's career?

You could just as easily say that him getting ill would

a) elicit sympathy

b) make people take the illness more seriously

c) make him look strong when he conquered COVID and made a seemingly full recovery. Sing Hosanna! Big Dog is risen.

Like I said, it's a rumour, for which no evidence has been produced to back it up.

Even if it's completely untrue or cannot be proven, given his track record I hardly think that it's even the most outrageous of claims.

I'm sure he'll remember his iPhone passcode soon and it'll all be put to bed

• Like 1