Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

33 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Am not surprised about the McDonald's groping etc. allegations..

You look at some of the people behind the counter and think a couple of the staff don't seem all there (no offence to those on here that may work there presently..).

Has anyone got any McDonald's stories?

I lasted one and a half shifts. Kept getting told off for calling the chips “chips” by a greasy child who lived and breathed the McWorld. Can not confirm if it was definitely Moosebreath or not. Suspect it was. 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

You look at some of the people behind the counter and think a couple of the staff don't seem all there (no offence to those on here that may work there presently..).

11 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I’m with wymsey, I want to hear some horny but slightly illegal or at least frowned upon stories from working at McDonald’s 

I've got a few from when I was a teen. :thumbup:

It's pretty much exactly how that news story suggests, with the missing caveat that for every 1 person that took offense, there were a 100 that were well into that type of working environment. 

Here's one story to wet the appetite, it goes along the line of the bit in that story where it suggests that tits go into customer facing roles, it's true, but first off the official motto is teeth and tits, not just tits. For obvious reasons, tits only work for half the customer base. Second off, if you were a young woman working in a place like that, do you really think you'd want to work in a greasy kitchen? It's shit, it's hot and it stinks long after you've showered/bathed, so the motto pretty much works for the vast majority of the workforce. 

Anyway tl:dr story time, when I was a shift manager at around 19, we were short staffed so I asked a young woman, around 17 I think, to hop onto the grill side, and instead of just doing it she grabbed my nethers and asked in a whisper if she really had to move from the tills. :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

It's certainly something that's not exclusive to McDonald's. 

The story broke because of a BBC investigation. 

An investigation on a company that has thousands of sites.

I believe the NHS is the biggest employer in Europe, dig around that and you'll find much worse than what's going on at McDonald's. 

Not that I'm condoning any of it, I'm just saying if you play your percentages, journalists will get the story they want.

Apparently a US soldier snapped after listening to one too many blackpink and NewJeans singles, gave his supervisor the slip at Incheon Airport, and somehow managed to get himself on a DMZ tour to Panmunjeom (cool place btw) and dashed across the border into North Korean territory.

Fun times.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Genuine question: had anybody actually heard of Dan Wootton until last week? 

Yes, a long a well documented history (in Private Eye at least) of being a deeply unpleasant, self-serving little cvnt.  A man who's made his career out of unsavoury tittle tattle, houndjng celebrities and casting judgement upon others.  

Watching him try and squeeze a crocodile tear out of his dead eyes in the YouTube video was almost as hilarious as the comments beneath the video.  Stay strong Dan defend your truth, don't listen to the trolls we love you. GB news has fast become the 'news' channel of choice for lunatics.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Yes, a long a well documented history (in Private Eye at least) of being a deeply unpleasant, self-serving little cvnt.  A man who's made his career out of unsavoury tittle tattle, houndjng celebrities and casting judgement upon others.  

Watching him try and squeeze a crocodile tear out of his dead eyes in the YouTube video was almost as hilarious as the comments beneath the video.  Stay strong Dan defend your truth, don't listen to the trolls we love you. GB news has fast become the 'news' channel of choice for lunatics.  

Useful to know. Somehow he’d completely passed me by….

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Keeping unsuitable books away from children is not a new thing.  Going back fifty or more years, many librarians kept Enid Blyton books off their shelves for the same sort of reason as some people want these kept off the shelves - because they believed children were learning things which were not appropriate to their age.  I don't think, in principle, that children should be allowed to read anything they want.

Whether this particular book or the Enid Blyton books ought to have been "banned" [actually "restricted" would be more accurate), that's another matter.  But I don't think it's a matter of principle.

Edited by dsr-burnley
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Useful to know. Somehow he’d completely passed me by….

In fairness, the in-laws, despite being regular readers of The Sun and Daily Mail, didn't have a clue who he was either.

I think this says something about how they consume the information presented to them, but I'm not sure what

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

In fairness, the in-laws, despite being regular readers of The Sun and Daily Mail, didn't have a clue who he was either.

I think this says something about how they consume the information presented to them, but I'm not sure what

The average Sun and Mail reader rips up the pages, shoves them up their ring, shits them out then smears the print and faeces over their face and everything they come into contact with for 24hrs. All the while making a kind of ‘hurr hurr’ noise combining the smugness of a Cameron with Dorries levels of drunk stupidity. 

I find it strange you’ve not noticed this behaviour - it would indicate your parents-in-law are higher functioning readers and have been spurred on by self loathing to constantly wash themselves and objects after each whole page. That, or they are so stupid they still haven’t worked out how to tear paper and are constantly attempting to ram entire rolled up issues up each other. The cue here is the strong scent of Apple antiseptic or an odd walking gait.

I always carry a picture of Jacob Rees-Mogg stabbing a small child in the eye with a now disused desktop European flag to calm my parents down when they get too frothy after they believe they’ve witnessed the invisible hand of Jeremy Corbyn destroying the hitherto utopian streets of Bovey Tracey. Streets they believe Dan Wooton patrols every evening, yanking the gay, coloured or leftist wokerati into the back of his van and driving them off to an internment camp near Bodmin.

Yes he’s gay,” spits my father, “but he’s one of our gays - and if he wants to rape someone then they probably deserved it by being against the wholesale destruction of the planet, which will deliver a raft of post-planet destruction benefits to your children.”

Look father,” pointing to the window, “there’s Jeremy Clarkson throwing flaming bibles at a Muslim again.”

He smiles. Normality has returned to his precious corner of Devon. He returns to pretending he can do the online Telegraph crossword and turns on Radio 4 so he can shout at it for the rest of the afternoon.

9 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Whether this particular book or the Enid Blyton books ought to have been "banned" [actually "restricted" would be more accurate), that's another matter.

Interestingly, the banning/altering the storyline in Enid Blyton books has created an increase in collectors trying to find Enid Blyton books in charity shops and on line. 

We had a donation of around 12-15 Blyton books not long ago and all went within a few days. It seems collectors want the originals before the amended versions take over.

30 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Whilst I will have to respect the big banner we now have on this thread, surely some of the biggest news is politics atm? If people can't be civil can't they be removed from posting, rather than the topic itself?

But then the problem will be that any banned members will complain of ill-treatment by a moderator etc as a result.

It's a tricky one, tbh..

• Like 1