Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

11 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Correct. I'm all for helping the climate crisis anywhere possible but targeting Joe bloggs on the street isn't right.

They're brainwashed with the climate issue and devoid of human consciousness.

Yes, tunnel vision. Tunnel vision matched by those only able to see the immediate, both in terms of people and time. And that doesn't work out well in the long run  either.

So not great either way, really. There really needs to be action that somehow suits all parties involved - or at least a compromise.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Same. Shows how heartless they are when none of them even bat an eyelid when she approaches them and tells them about it. 

Their dogma over all even if in a more immediate crisis for another individual. I wonder what the attitude would been if one of their own kin needed quick transport to hospital 

50 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm 100% behind the motivation of JSO but I don't really agree with the methodology because when you inconvenience people they seem to focus only on that they're being inconvenienced, and don't get as far as why that's happening so it's doubtful what's actually being achieved.

They're taking extreme action because they don't believe anything else is working and that nobody's listening.

Given how they seem to be responding to intimidation and violence from both the authorities and the public I doubt they'll be going anywhere soon and will inevitably multiply in number, so would it not be a good idea to channel our energies into giving them what they want i.e. the public being a bit more vocal about not wanting to be cooked, asking our elected representatives to consider not granting more gas and oil licences and try not to look like rats fighting in a sack while people make decisions on our behalf that aren't in our interests?

Thank you, I was struggling to find a way to articulate a response, but that nicely sums it up. 

Obviously not ideal to delay a baby getting to the hospital. Every day we have congestion and traffic jams delays and disruption on roads and rail caused by poor transport infrastructure. Thousands more are having their treatments delayed and cancelled due to gross mismanagement of the NHS. If we're going to get up in arms every time someone is delayed getting medical care we're going to be angry a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm 100% behind the motivation of JSO but I don't really agree with the methodology because when you inconvenience people they seem to focus only on that they're being inconvenienced, and don't get as far as why that's happening so it's doubtful what's actually being achieved.

They're taking extreme action because they don't believe anything else is working and that nobody's listening.

Given how they seem to be responding to intimidation and violence from both the authorities and the public I doubt they'll be going anywhere soon and will inevitably multiply in number, so would it not be a good idea to channel our energies into giving them what they want i.e. the public being a bit more vocal about not wanting to be cooked, asking our elected representatives to consider not granting more gas and oil licences and try not to look like rats fighting in a sack while people make decisions on our behalf that aren't in our interests?

And a key thing here is even if they were to somehow magically disappear, that would then leave our species answering to an issue several order of magnitudes worse - and one that doesn't really care much about smears in the press and public opinion, viz. the laws of thermodynamics.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Thank you, I was struggling to find a way to articulate a response, but that nicely sums it up. 

Obviously not ideal to delay a baby getting to the hospital. Every day we have congestion and traffic jams delays and disruption on roads and rail caused by poor transport infrastructure. Thousands more are having their treatments delayed and cancelled due to gross mismanagement of the NHS. If we're going to get up in arms every time someone is delayed getting medical care we're going to be angry a lot.

I think you've totally missed the point. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Byline Times going all in on Dan Wootton.

In response he's labelled them a 'hard left blog' and is crowdfunding for legal fees

“Crowdfunding for legal fees” is becoming a really good tell into someone’s character.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Going back to Dan Wootton, I thought long and hard about supporting his legal fees crowdfunder but instead I've decided to purchase a subscription to the Byline Times.

I've paid the few pence extra for a print copy so that when I've finished it I can leave it in the barbers/doctor's/dentist's waiting room, where it will probably be ignored but hey-ho.

That's about the extent of direct action I participate in

Ha ha ha. I've done exactly the same!

Anyway talking of Dan a lovely article by the ever wonderful Marina Hyde, cutting right through his, errr, hypocrisy. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Ha ha ha. I've done exactly the same!

Anyway talking of Dan a lovely article by the ever wonderful Marina Hyde, cutting right through his, errr, hypocrisy. 

Great stuff, and as for Marina Hyde, she's very much on my list of people I should never meet because I'd just be a fawning mess

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I think you've totally missed the point. 

Not missed the point, might not have articulated my point well, but I've not missed any points made by anyone else.

Delaying a baby getting to hospital = not good

Delaying urgent medical treatment to thousands = considerably worse.

The prospect of a man made climate catastrophe = truly horrific.

Yes be upset by a baby being late but be proportionally more upset by greater problems caused by selfishness, ignorance and incompetence.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Not missed the point, might not have articulated my point well, but I've not missed any points made by anyone else.

Yes be upset by a baby being late but be proportionally more upset by greater problems caused by selfishness, ignorance and incompetence.

And members of JSO aren't any of these things?

You missed out arrogance BTW.

22 hours ago, Parafox said:

And members of JSO aren't any of these things?

You missed out arrogance BTW.

Arguably arrogant and incompetent but not really selfish in that they are putting the needs of the planet ie everybody ahead of their own safety and freedom.

There is a very simple solution to stopping JSO and that is the government doing only what they said they were going to do. There are no further demands (at this time).

Edited by Captain...

21 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Arguably arrogant and incompetent but not really selfish in that they are putting the needs of the planet ie everybody ahead of their own safety and freedom.

There is a very simple solution to stopping JSO and that is the government doing only what they said they were going to do not. There are no further demands (at this time).

But the action is not taken out against the government. I wonder if the morning of the protest they would forgo getting a loved one to hospital for the greater good of the planet

59 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

But the action is not taken out against the government. I wonder if the morning of the protest they would forgo getting a loved one to hospital for the greater good of the planet

How should they take it out on the government? Disrupt the country they govern?

Edited by Captain...

21 minutes ago, Captain... said:

How should they take it out on the government? Disrupt the country they govern?

The government appears to take the view probably correctly that the disruption is counter productive and that public opinion is deflected. Perhaps the old un fashionable lobbying and organised marches and media debate might garner support.

Will nobody think about the poor MPs with families and mortgages. They are the absolute victims here in 2023. 

IMG_3249.jpeg

Edited by Daggers
Back to the future autocorrect
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

The government appears to take the view probably correctly that the disruption is counter productive and that public opinion is deflected. Perhaps the old un fashionable lobbying and organised marches and media debate might garner support.

That, as well as the entire global climate science corps stating exactly what will happen and what needs to be done has been going on for at least the last two decades.

Guess what? Our species is still breaking temperature records left, right and centre. This simply aren't going fast enough and it's going to result in horrible consequences. Some of which have already begun.

This disruption is likely counterproductive too, but if anyone does have a solution that is more likely to get the required action done in the required time, I'd like to hear it.

• Like 1

On 22/07/2023 at 18:41, Captain... said:

Consciously delaying a baby getting to hospital is truly horrific.

When you say ‘baby been late’, I can’t actually tell if you’re being serious, I really do hope not. If they’re on the way to A&E, ‘late’ could mean prolonged pain, worsening state or death. If it’s an appointment, missing it could have terrible consequences.

Gross mismanagement of the NHS and a decision to affect someone’s health in isolation is completely different. Hard to comprehend how you can compare the two. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Consciously delaying a baby getting to hospital is truly horrific.

When you say ‘baby been late’, I can’t actually tell if you’re being serious, I really do hope not. If they’re on the way to A&E, ‘late’ could mean prolonged pain, worsening state or death. If it’s an appointment, missing it could have terrible consequences.

Gross mismanagement of the NHS and a decision to affect someone’s health in isolation is completely different. Hard to comprehend how you can compare the two. 

Delays to medical care is delays to medical care it is a valid comparison. 1 baby Vs thousands of vulnerable people.

They were not consciously delaying a baby getting to hospital. That was not the purpose of the protest. The government is consciously under funding the NHS, under paying the NHS staff (hence the strikes) and lying to our faces about opening new hospitals and consciously issuing new oil licenses despite saying they wouldn't.

I'm not saying don't be angry about them delaying a baby getting to hospital, be angry, be very angry. However consider the number of children put into poverty by this government, consider the ridiculous lengths of waiting lists now and the horrendous mismanagement of the COVID crisis and consider these same incompetent liars are the very reason for JSO protesting and how easy the solution is to stop JSO (if you're not sure all the government need to do is what they said they would with regard new licenses). Consider all that and decide who you should be really really fvcking angry at. 

Edited by Captain...
  • Thanks 1