Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

21 minutes ago, Raj said:

Yep and us mere mortals just stand there and shrug our shoulders whilst getting shafted!

They acted nicely for a little while after Robespierre did his thing and made it unthinkable to actually stand up to those in power.

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Nothing will happen to him.

Don't even be surprised when all charges will be "dropped"

Upon payment of some  huge arbitrary amount 

fixed by plucking a figure from mid air by a US “ court of justice”

I see the consultation over rail ticket office closures is to be extended. I just don't believe there will be staff on concourses or platforms to provide a service that ticket offices provide. Anyway to get pass the barrier you need a ticket so someone on the platform to help with ticket queries won't be much use. 

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I see Nigel Farage has seen off the CEO of Natwest, and is now calling for the entire board to resign.  I mean as general consensus says he is a nobody this is quite impressive.  A brilliant career apparently ended by a moment of misjudgment is rather a shame, but no doubt she walks away with many millions settlement so I am sure that will entitle her to maintain an account with Coutts.  

Well as I would imagine she'll be well above criteria threshold then yes I would think so.

An actor with dwarfism has criticised the makers of the new Wonka film for giving the role of an Oompa-Loompa to Hugh Grant.

George Coppen believes the role should have been given to an actor with dwarfism, as there are relatively few parts for actors with the condition.

And seperately

Dwarf actors have reacted furiously to Disney canceling the seven dwarves from its Snow White remake after Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage called them offensive, saying the decision robs them of work and the chance to fulfil what for some is a dream role. 

When did getting things right become so difficult? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

An actor with dwarfism has criticised the makers of the new Wonka film for giving the role of an Oompa-Loompa to Hugh Grant.

George Coppen believes the role should have been given to an actor with dwarfism, as there are relatively few parts for actors with the condition.

And seperately

Dwarf actors have reacted furiously to Disney canceling the seven dwarves from its Snow White remake after Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage called them offensive, saying the decision robs them of work and the chance to fulfil what for some is a dream role. 

When dwarf tossing was banned and they had to find another way to make a living....

Sorry :(

Although the Oompah-Loompah might be a reference to Grant's acting ability.

Edited by Parafox

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

And seperately

Jim Henson's furious too:

mh-10-11-chalamet-1633964235.jpg?crop=0.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'm all for the first anti-protest but the second bit was just being a dick. Hopefully it has given JSO an idea for meaningful protests targeting the right people. A rape alarm/helium balloon in the house of commons or the Tory party conference. Now that's something we can all support.

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nothing to see here just the GBNews owner using the BBC with Farage and Sunak's help to short Natwest's stock and make millions.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/07/26/paul-marshall-hedge-fund-nets-millions-bet-against-natwest/

And without the paywall: https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fbusiness%2F2023%2F07%2F26%2Fpaul-marshall-hedge-fund-nets-millions-bet-against-natwest%2F

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Well as I would imagine she'll be well above criteria threshold then yes I would think so.

She still has to get past the risk committee who might decide her high profile lack of ethics doesn't meet their murky criteria.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nothing to see here just the GBNews owner using the BBC with Farage and Sunak's help to short Natwest's stock and make millions.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/07/26/paul-marshall-hedge-fund-nets-millions-bet-against-natwest/

It is pretty ridiculous to suggest even the most gifted hedge fund manager or indeed brilliant stock market analytics could predict the decision to exit Farage let alone the atrocious way Natwest have managed the fallout of that decision.  Do you even thing about what you are writing sometimes?  Or indeed even read the article.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/21/europe/italy-lesbian-couples-birth-certificates-scli-intl/index.html

"The northern Italian city of Padua has started removing the names of non-biological gay mothers from their children’s birth certificates under new legislation passed by the “traditional family-first” government of Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni...

"....“There is no discrimination against children,” Family Minister Eugenia Roccella told parliament when she introduced the bill in June, explaining that the children of gay couples would have access to school and medical services just like those who only have one living parent."

Right. And if the child and that parent both find themselves (for whatever reason) in critical condition in hospital? The other parent cannot make medical decisions for the child and if the "solo" parent dies the kid is an orphan.

The sooner folks driven by bigotry often inspired by books of allegory written over a millennium ago have absolutely no say in political policy decisions, the better.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1