Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

32 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

As much as people hate Trump is it possible he could stop the war in Ukraine. As mentioned before I think if Trump remained president then the war would have never started. Russia recognised how weak USA are under Biden. 

Am very convinced that Trump and Putin are close friends..

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Are they really "close friends" though?  Maybe Christmas card list friends, but I can't see Putin being invited to Trump's weekly poker game with the rest of his buddies.

4 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Are they really "close friends" though?  Maybe Christmas card list friends, but I can't see Putin being invited to Trump's weekly poker game with the rest of his buddies.

friends dont let friends get pissed on by prostitutes

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

So, Trump, who had links to Russia and who spoke positively of Putin, would have prevented the war?

Would that have been by supporting Putin's illegal invasion? 

Also completely ignores the fact that the rest of Europe would have said "[deleted] off". Oh, and Ukrainians might have said something about it, too.

Biden specifically told the world (including Putin) that the USA wouldn't give military support to Ukraine.  That was not wise.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/kremlin-says-both-sides-follow-up-quickly-putin-biden-talks-2021-12-08/

Trump wouldn't go to war either, but I doubt he would have made it so clear to Putin that the field was his.

• Like 1

It is possible that Putin would have been concerned about Trump’s unpredictability in the face of a sudden event. However, it’s also widely said that Putin was planning the invasion during Trump’s presidency, that it was a long-term plan.

Now though, Putin will definitely desire a Trump return to the White House. He’s “America First” and a known coward, with a tangible dislike for Europe and European values. Putin will fancy his chances of Trump deciding Ukraine isn’t America’s problem, withdrawing his support and even weakening NATO.

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Difference between friends and mutual respect. 

In terms of the UK, Trump had a great relationship with us and was very quick in terms of discussing a trade deal and was in full support of the UK wanting out of the EU. Biden dislikes the UK due to Irish connection, Obama put us to the bottom of the pile on everything the special relationship did not exist to him. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Difference between friends and mutual respect. 

In terms of the UK, Trump had a great relationship with us and was very quick in terms of discussing a trade deal and was in full support of the UK wanting out of the EU. Biden dislikes the UK due to Irish connection, Obama put us to the bottom of the pile on everything the special relationship did not exist to him. 

Obama signed off the biggest defence technology exchange since 1958 and the recent AUKUS pact which was extremely generous in the terms we received. It's utter nonsense to say the special relationship didn't exist to him with what they did for us during that administration. 

America first policy of Trump was the most protectionist government they've had since the war. He did nothing for us at all and only paid lip service to the relationship so he could posture on his Scottish golf courses. 

Edited by Zear0
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Biden specifically told the world (including Putin) that the USA wouldn't give military support to Ukraine.  That was not wise.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/kremlin-says-both-sides-follow-up-quickly-putin-biden-talks-2021-12-08/

Trump wouldn't go to war either, but I doubt he would have made it so clear to Putin that the field was his.

According to that 2021 Reuters' article, the USA ruled out putting its troops into Ukraine. That's rather diifferent to giving military support, which they're obviously doing. Bizarrely, Putin said that it was 'provocative' to even pose the question of whether or not Russia planned to attack Ukraine. What a plonker!

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/hate-burnham-furious-khan-team-starmer-labour-mayors-clash-2500543

“They are furious with Sadiq Khan about free school meals [the mayor’s plan to give them to all London primary school children].”

If I were wanting to be a successful prime minister I would not be giving my opposition easy ammunition, but then I'm not forensic political genius Sir ~Kid Starver~ Kier Starmer 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/hate-burnham-furious-khan-team-starmer-labour-mayors-clash-2500543

“They are furious with Sadiq Khan about free school meals [the mayor’s plan to give them to all London primary school children].”

If I were wanting to be a successful prime minister I would not be giving my opposition easy ammunition, but then I'm not forensic political genius Sir ~Kid Starver~ Kier Starmer 

Imagine them making an enemy out of Burnham, one of the only popular politicians in the country.

22 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

IMG_3471.thumb.jpeg.ac0c9d2c641b875da653d3b0567b68f7.jpeg

When I was a youth on industrial placement in York many years ago, one of my coworkers drove to Aberdeen after work (on a school night) for a "liason". She looked at him and said "no ta" and he drove home.

I admire the effort people will go to try and get their end away.