Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

10 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Biden specifically told the world (including Putin) that the USA wouldn't give military support to Ukraine.  That was not wise.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/kremlin-says-both-sides-follow-up-quickly-putin-biden-talks-2021-12-08/

Trump wouldn't go to war either, but I doubt he would have made it so clear to Putin that the field was his.

I think it is completely impossible to attempt to predict what Trump would have said or done in the circumstances.  The man quite literally got trolled by Finland for claiming they rake forest floors.  All bets are off.  

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

IMG_3471.thumb.jpeg.ac0c9d2c641b875da653d3b0567b68f7.jpeg

That really hits home.

Some youth on industrial placement at my place in York fixed me up with a woman in Aberdeen. I drove all the way there after work (on a school night) for a "liason". She looked at me all weird and said "no ta" and then I had to drive home.

• Haha 2

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-66392355

"Hundreds of participants at the 25th World Scout Jamboree in Buan, South Korea have been hit by heat exhaustion. 

Some 400 cases were reported on the first night of the event on Tuesday, with many treated at a makeshift hospital at the campsite. 

Temperatures have hit 35C (95F) in North Jeolla province, where the event is being held, amid a heatwave warning."

Not a great look when organising a major event. :unsure:

26 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-66392355

"Hundreds of participants at the 25th World Scout Jamboree in Buan, South Korea have been hit by heat exhaustion. 

Some 400 cases were reported on the first night of the event on Tuesday, with many treated at a makeshift hospital at the campsite. 

Temperatures have hit 35C (95F) in North Jeolla province, where the event is being held, amid a heatwave warning."

Not a great look when organising a major event. :unsure:

Especially when the scout motto is "Be Prepared".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-66392177

At least 12 people have been injured in an attack by a man close to the South Korean capital, Seoul.

The suspect drove his car at random into four people, then got out and stabbed at least nine others in a busy shopping centre.

The incident happened near a subway station during rush hour in the commuter town of Seongnam on Thursday.

Good grief, Korea making the BBC News for all the wrong reasons today. About 20km down the road, too.

On 02/08/2023 at 08:25, Leicesterpool said:

As much as people hate Trump is it possible he could stop the war in Ukraine. As mentioned before I think if Trump remained president then the war would have never started. Russia recognised how weak USA are under Biden. 

he would also bring the markets up which they the banks, treasury don't want.

21 hours ago, Daggers said:

That really hits home.

Some youth on industrial placement at my place in York fixed me up with a woman in Aberdeen. I drove all the way there after work (on a school night) for a "liason". She looked at me all weird and said "no ta" and then I had to drive home.

lol  

Next time ask the kid if he knows "women" in Glasgow. Aberdeen is a bit too upmarket and therefore, choosy. :P

Edited by Parafox

20 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Remember the rumours about Dwayne Johnson running for president. Now that would be awesome.

It would be awesome, but I think that once in office he would realize he made the biggest mistake of his life.

Theres a reason ever president looks to have aged 20yrs after their term is over.

20 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Remember the rumours about Dwayne Johnson running for president. Now that would be awesome.

Love how he’s supporting this Zimbabwe MMA fighter. Beautiful story

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Livid said:

From what I read in the press I thought murder was going to be hard to prove but shows what I know compared to all that the jury heard. 

TikTok influencer Mahek Bukhari guilty of murdering men in crash https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-66165180

If they were hoping for verdicts of manslaughter it probably didn't help their case if they were in cars with people in balaclavas, who drove past the crash site and then back again afterwards without stopping to help

• Like 2

Just now, LcFc_Smiv said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66368733

WTF is wrong with people. I can't believe that the person and firm doing this publicity stunt ever thought this was going to be a good idea with people queuing up calmly to be one of the first 300. 

As far as they're concerned, if they make money from it, it's a good idea - even if they have to pay for damage and injuries to people.

They don't have the slightest interest in the people involved, beyond exploiting their gullibility to make bank.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

As far as they're concerned, if they make money from it, it's a good idea - even if they have to pay for damage and injuries to people.

They don't have the slightest interest in the people involved, beyond exploiting their gullibility to make bank.

I'm not sure it's even about making bank, with things like this, I think it's often a narcissistic personality driving the stunts to get their name out there.  Money is secondary to fame (or infamy).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

1 minute ago, nnfox said:

I'm not sure it's even about making bank, with things like this, I think it's often a narcissistic personality driving the stunts to get their name out there.  Money is secondary to fame (or infamy).

I think both points highlight what’s wrong with the world these days, either way there’s no thought for other people involved. Shit I’ve only just turned 30

and sound like my grandparents!

5 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I think both points highlight what’s wrong with the world these days, either way there’s no thought for other people involved. Shit I’ve only just turned 30

and sound like my grandparents!

I wouldn't get so caught up in the negativity of it all.   The overwhelming proportion of people are good people, but the media (which is too often our window to the world) make payroll by concentrating on the small percentage of bad, or at least, mis-guided people.  It's very easy to get a skewed version of reality.

• Thanks 1

Just now, nnfox said:

I wouldn't get so caught up in the negativity of it all.   The overwhelming proportion of people are good people, but the media (which is too often our window to the world) make payroll by concentrating on the small percentage of bad, or at least, mis-guided people.  It's very easy to get a skewed version of reality.

You make a very good point, that’s probably the first time I’ve looked at BBC news in months, only because I was going to the sports page ahead of the return to the season today and clicked the news link accidentally. Something that I wouldn’t usually come across or engage with.

• Like 1