Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

10 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

Should the England women be rewarded/recognised for their football efforts? 

No. I don't want to go all Roy Keane here but it's their job to play football and do well. And they did well but, they didn't actually win anything. 

19 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

Should the England women be rewarded/recognised for their football efforts? 

Harsh it sounds no., they can be applauded at what they achieved at the world cup. Reaching the final for the first time, but if you start rewarding failure it looks embarrassing. I somehow I don't think Lionesses would want to be rewarded for finishing second. If you set the mentality of finishing runners up is okay, then you will never win anything. When the England men got to the Euro's final, none of them seen rewards so I guess the same needs to dealt with the ladies. 

It's a pat on the back well done and unlucky... time to move on rebuild Nations League to win next. 

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

No professional should receive an award for doing the job they’re paid to do. 

Disagree. There’s a lot of jobs where people save lives or put their life in danger or go above or beyond for a pretty measly pay package. Many security guards who have to face violent, intoxicated people trying to intimidate vulnerable people and many nurses and care workers can’t switch off and are given ridiculous shifts to care for people a lot for examples and are hardly paid well to do it.

That said, I don’t think it ever applies to professional sports people. 

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Disagree. There’s a lot of jobs where people save lives or put their life in danger or go above or beyond for a pretty measly pay package. Many security guards who have to face violent, intoxicated people trying to intimidate vulnerable people and many nurses and care workers can’t switch off and are given ridiculous shifts to care for people a lot for examples and are hardly paid well to do it.

That said, I don’t think it ever applies to professional sports people. 

Once you’ve left Primary school, there’s no need for attaboys and Everybody Wins day. 

If you place value on the action someone did - then pay them more money than the “pretty measly pay package”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Once you’ve left Primary school, there’s no need for attaboys and Everybody Wins day. 

If you place value on the action someone did - then pay them more money than the “pretty measly pay package”.

It’s not everybody wins days if they get recognition for doing something extra of noticeable though is it? 

You’re being incredibly cynical and  black and white. People aren’t just motivated by money, no matter how much Thatcher thought was the case. Recognition of hard work can absolutely help people get through really stressful or laborious work and make them feel like their contribution to society isn’t just being ignored 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It’s not everybody wins days if they get recognition for doing something extra of noticeable though is it? 

You’re being incredibly cynical and  black and white. People aren’t just motivated by money, no matter how much Thatcher thought was the case. Recognition of hard work can absolutely help people get through really stressful or laborious work and make them feel like their contribution to society isn’t just being ignored 

Like teacher of the year - where one teacher wins and the rest can go fvck themselves?

Like giving a gong to a multi-millionaire sports personality while the nation’s volunteers go fvck themselves?

Yeh, I’m good in my cynical b&w world, cheers. Screw that daft system.

• Like 2

It's like when a school, each week they'll name a pupil of the week. Pretty every week it'll be different student, even though they may have had just ordinary week. I remember once the teacher asked on the Friday morning "who hasn't won the pupil of the week yet?" me and about three or four kids put our hands. That afternoon I won it.... so again. Randomly awarding someone for something. For me you need to do something special to win something. 

I remember in my job was I nominated for an award for working through with Aspergers... now at the time I was so honoured. But looking back now I just feel the reward was designed to tick box rather than achievement. Still took the trophy anyway lol and won still won more than Spurs. 

15 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

It's like when a school, each week they'll name a pupil of the week. Pretty every week it'll be different student, even though they may have had just ordinary week. I remember once the teacher asked on the Friday morning "who hasn't won the pupil of the week yet?" me and about three or four kids put our hands. That afternoon I won it.... so again. Randomly awarding someone for something. For me you need to do something special to win something. 

I remember in my job was I nominated for an award for working through with Aspergers... now at the time I was so honoured. But looking back now I just feel the reward was designed to tick box rather than achievement. Still took the trophy anyway lol and won still won more than Spurs. 

Seriously though congrats on winning pupil of week. Now go out and retain it.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66581218

With the obvious caveat of innocent until proven guilty, this all sounds pretty grim.

Someone needs to remind him that this all started when he got so enraged about Greta Thunberg saying he had small dick energy that he accidentally revealed his location to the Romanian authorities. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Someone needs to remind him that this all started when he got so enraged about Greta Thunberg saying he had small dick energy that he accidentally revealed his location to the Romanian authorities. 

No worries, if he does get convicted, I'm sure his cellmate can whisper it in his ear every night.

• Haha 1

Lucy Letby case I don't know something seems a bit odd about this. Is it possible that the hospital are trying to protect themselves and blame it all on one nurse making out she is murder... mates and family somewhat seem to be convinced she isn't. Or maybe overthinking it, she's is certainly evil and deserves to rot in prison. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

55 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Lucy Letby case I don't know something seems a bit odd about this. Is it possible that the hospital are trying to protect themselves and blame it all on one nurse making out she is murder... mates and family somewhat seem to be convinced she isn't. Or maybe overthinking it, she's is certainly evil and deserves to rot in prison. 

Hospital didn’t believe it was happening despite evidence. They failed to protect the babies.  That doesn’t mean she didn’t murder them.  She absolutely did.

59 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I mean obviously it looks like they failed some pretty basic safeguarding. In a way, as awful as the results of that are, I think I can sort of sympathise. It's got to be a weird and difficult situation to believe and come to terms with the fact that a colleague you work with, side by side with, supposedly saving lives with - is actually murdering babies. I mean think about that. 

Unfortunately part of the job of her line management WAS to consider that and they've ultimately failed. 

But make no mistake, Letby has done something absolutely, incredibly vile and is, at absolute best, extremely disturbed and at worst a completely evil person. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I have no doubt that Letby was responsible but the inquiry into the wider goings on will undoutedly point the finger at several professionals who will in turn try to protect their reputation, and job, by trying to shift the blame to someone else.

This is the bit I hate.  A lot of attention now turns to people who were just doing their job and we'll have a year of scrutinising every decision and conversation they made or didn't make.  To be honest, it takes attention away from Letby, who was evil.  

Personally I would rather it were a transparent fact finding mission to try and ensure that it doesn't happen again, rather than the inevitable witch hunt that tries to blame an individual or individuals for failings of the institution.

• Like 1