Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

18 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I realise I'm probably pretty much on my own here, but I'm not 100% convinced Lucy Letby is responsible. It's always bothered me that all the evidence is pretty circumstantial. Lots of coincidences, but what if they are exactly that? The notes she wrote are for me the most damning, but it's still not an admission of guilt, nor is it concrete proof. 

Maybe I'm just getting soft the older I get, or maybe it's because I just can't comprehend a woman actually doing what she's been convicted of, idk.

“ I’m a monster “ and “ I did this” is pretty conclusive evidence. So Is the fact that she was the only one on duty at the time of all these issues. The fact that so many of the consultants who worked with her knew it was her too is fairly conclusive- they would see her hovering over the babies just minutes before each crash too… I mean who else could it be? As soon as she was taken off the floor, it all stopped!

20 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I realise I'm probably pretty much on my own here, but I'm not 100% convinced Lucy Letby is responsible. It's always bothered me that all the evidence is pretty circumstantial. Lots of coincidences, but what if they are exactly that? The notes she wrote are for me the most damning, but it's still not an admission of guilt, nor is it concrete proof. 

Maybe I'm just getting soft the older I get, or maybe it's because I just can't comprehend a woman actually doing what she's been convicted of, idk.

I’m too also a bit uncomfortable with it all

The evidence given in her defence (I remember reading it at the time) was to a large degree, plausible.

I think some of the babies were already poorly too were they not?

Her friends are all adamant of her innocence too 

I think the thing that I’ve found difficult to get my head around is that based on the opinions of a jury, this woman is now branded the worst child killer in our history. The following day in the papers there was article after article about her. Her life is over.

These same papers would’ve printed article after article about her innocence had she been found not guilty along with calls for a probe into how what had happened managed to happen- all because the same jury had reached their verdict the other way. Her life wouldn’t be over

Obviously I’m aware of that being how justice is sought in this country, but only a week prior to her final verdicts were we reading about a ‘rapist’ who’d been wrongly imprisoned for 17 years, by the same style of jury 🤷🏻‍♂️

I also have a wild mistrust of the NHS as an organisation and it wouldn’t surprise me if they fed the fodder to the wolves on occasions in order to cover their own backsides and the organisations reputation. (An opinion that transpired to be somewhat accurate, in light of the ‘cover up’ the NHS are being accused of by consultants on the neo natal unit) 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I love that an autistic teenager speaking about climate change is so triggering to them she gets on a list alongside some of the most powerful politicians in the world lol

Rent free. lol

Yeah, who knew that pointing out scientific fact and consequence as a result of it would somehow touch so deep a nerve?

Like, seriously skewed priorities. 

9 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’m too also a bit uncomfortable with it all

The evidence given in her defence (I remember reading it at the time) was to a large degree, plausible.

I think some of the babies were already poorly too were they not?

Her friends are all adamant of her innocence too 

I think the thing that I’ve found difficult to get my head around is that based on the opinions of a jury, this woman is now branded the worst child killer in our history. The following day in the papers there was article after article about her. 

These same papers would’ve printed article after article about her innocence had she been found not guilty along with calls for a probe into how what had happened managed to happen- all because the same jury had reached their verdict the other way. 

Obviously I’m aware of that being how justice is sought in this country, but only a week prior to her final verdicts were we reading about a ‘rapist’ who’d been wrongly imprisoned for 17 years, by the same style of jury 🤷🏻‍♂️

I also have a wild mistrust of the NHS as an organisation and it wouldn’t surprise me if they fed the fodder to the wolves on occasions in order to cover their own backsides and the organisations reputation. (An opinion that transpired to be somewhat accurate, in light of the ‘cover up’ the NHS are being accused of by consultants on the neo natal unit) 

I know what you mean, but we have to have trust in the legal system.  Like anything and everything it isn't perfect and is prone to errors on occasion, but this trial went on for ten months - that's exceptional.  There's a lot of detail to go through and the jury would be in possession of all of the facts, not just the ones reported in the media.  Don't forget as well that they didn't reach a verdict on 6 attempted murders and she was actually found not guilty of 2 attempted murders.  That reassures me somewhat that the jury really gave considered thought to the situation, rather than jumping on the bandwagon and giving guilty verdicts across the board.  

• Like 1

If the Letby case was an NHS cover-up then why the hell would they have forced the whistleblowers who first raised concerns to apologise to her? That's the point at which you'd think "Ay up, we can get ourselves off the hook by framing her for murder here".

Complete fvck-up by not stopping her in her tracks? Absolutely. But conspiracy? Come on...

9 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I know what you mean, but we have to have trust in the legal system.  Like anything and everything it isn't perfect and is prone to errors on occasion, but this trial went on for ten months - that's exceptional.  There's a lot of detail to go through and the jury would be in possession of all of the facts, not just the ones reported in the media.  Don't forget as well that they didn't reach a verdict on 6 attempted murders and she was actually found not guilty of 2 attempted murders.  That reassures me somewhat that the jury really gave considered thought to the situation, rather than jumping on the bandwagon and giving guilty verdicts across the board.  

Yes, they’re all fair points and the fact it wasn’t a whitewash shows that they’ve actually thought and challenged each individual case.

My only countenance to any of what you’ve said though, is that the jury of the falsely convicted rapist would’ve also been in possession of all the facts

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If the Letby case was an NHS cover-up then why the hell would they have forced the whistleblowers who first raised concerns to apologise to her? That's the point at which you'd think "Ay up, we can get ourselves off the hook by framing her for murder here".

Complete fvck-up by not stopping her in her tracks? Absolutely. But conspiracy? Come on...

I did call it a ‘wild mistrust’ in fairness to myself 😅

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

There's two whole worlds of difference of evidence between the two cases though. And they're two entirely separate matters with two entirely different juries. 

I don't buy the 'her friends are all adamant of her innocence'. Wouldn't your friends support you? 

Media jumped right on it because the court/justice system found against her. 

I'm not sure what the alternative is, if they weren't to pursue Letby's finding of guilt? Given the evidence at hand, which is beyond reasonable doubt, what other option was there? They've deliberated for ages and found that Letby injected air into the stomach of babies and wasn't present at every death or attempted murder of the babies involved.

There were also admissions of guilt by Letby. Was there any admission of guilt by the wrongly imprisoned 'rapist', at any point?

How the management acted in this matter, in my opinion, is the only way Letby isn't responsible because they're the only ones who could have put a stop to this apart from Letby herself. Especially once they were made aware by the whistleblowers. 

Her life is over because of her own actions. Not because of a jury deciding her actions were that of a child serial killer.

If found guilty? Absolutely not

The admissions of guilt aren’t conclusive in my opinion. Obviously they’re not great reading (putting it mildly), but have you never been in a position at work where somethings gone wrong and you get home and think to yourself, ‘I’m a ****ing shit plumber, what a willy puller’ sort of thing? Or is that just me? You blame yourself for things going wrong at work, whether it’s your fault or not

In my opinion , unless CCTV footage came out of her carrying out the attacks, anything else is pretty much circumstantial 

13 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

If found guilty? Absolutely not

The admissions of guilt aren’t conclusive in my opinion. Obviously they’re not great reading (putting it mildly), but have you never been in a position at work where somethings gone wrong and you get home and think to yourself, ‘I’m a ****ing shit plumber, what a willy puller’ sort of thing? Or is that just me? You blame yourself for things going wrong at work, whether it’s your fault or not

In my opinion , unless CCTV footage came out of her carrying out the attacks, anything else is pretty much circumstantial 

It's not circumstantial though. It's actual evidence. She was physically witnessed to be seen at the scene of the crimes, and some of the babies had serious injuries internally to make them collapse. 

Of course because no one is perfect we all have some level of self doubt after a bad day at work. But to what extent do us sane people have those thoughts, and compare that to someone who's been found guilty of murdering babies? They're not really comparable, to be honest, because us sane people don't think like a serial killer. 

If it wasn't Letby, who was it? 

15 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’m staggered by what you think you’re reading in this thread too, considering nobody has said this 

Nobody has said it, granted. But implying she's not guilty of the crimes she's been charged with sort of implies that she shouldn't be in prison or be convicted of them. 

People caught speeding in Leicester has nearly doubled from the year before ..  and in Nottingham it’s even higher .. and  plod is on the case ..  newer speeding vans have joined the growing fleet with night vision and 360 degree cameras to catch bikers and drivers with no plate on the front ..  so watch out !

On a completely different note, my mate ..  a perfectly law abiding and upstanding member of the community ..  dropped me off the other day and then wizzed off at 200 mph like a bat out of hell and disappeared down the road in haze of dust in his new shiny Tesla electric family car ..   hmmmm ..  coincidence ..  :whistle:

Edited by Countryfox

I have been paying somewhat close attention to the Lucy Letby case for some time.

It is very hard to believe that someone is capable of carrying out such heinous crimes and it is only normal to hope that the events were all just extreme coincidences and that an individual person was not responsible.  But really, what are the chances?  We cannot comprehend why she did it because we don’t have the same mindset, but the evidence is there and has been very carefully analysed by the jury for a lengthy amount of time.  The Jury's deliberations and decisions would not have been easy.

Some damning evidence; she was on shift for every single collapse. Combine that with her written ‘confessions’, the handover notes found at her home, the Facebook searches carried out,  the Mother of Baby E walking into her Baby screaming to find LL stood over them and the Baby having blood around its mouth.  LL also refuted the Mums testimony/timing of events, but Baby’s E Mothers call record to her Husband proves LL wrong.  Also, LL also agreed that one of the babies had been poisoned with insulin, it is without argument that it could have been accidental.  

When the Police also came to review the claims, they had decided within 15 mins or so that there was foul play involved.  All evidence pointed towards her.  As much as I don't want to believe it, she is guilty. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I love that an autistic teenager speaking about climate change is so triggering to them she gets on a list alongside some of the most powerful politicians in the world lol

Rent free. lol

As brilliant an environmentalist campaigner she is it's somewhat unfortunate that the thing she's most effective at is winding up sex pests and their fans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

India have now become a big player in the space race apparently ..  nice to know that foreign aid is being put to good use ..  

Erm... 

https://icai.independent.gov.uk/html-version/uk-aid-to-india/#:~:text=In response to the inquiry,funds and other government departments.

In 2011, the International Development Committee (IDC) of the UK Parliament published an inquiry entitled The future of DFID’s programme in India. The inquiry concluded that UK aid could only have a marginal impact on India’s development because it made up only a tiny proportion of India’s gross domestic product. The IDC therefore called for the UK’s aid relationship with India to change. In response to the inquiry, the former Department for International Development (DFID) noted that it had stopped providing direct financial aid to the Indian government. However, the UK continued to provide other forms of bilateral aid to India through DFID, cross-government funds and other government departments. This aid has been in the form of technical assistance and research funding, as well as ‘development capital’ investment in the private sector. The UK has also continued to provide multilateral aid through core contributions to multilateral organisations. The UK government has increasingly used a ‘mutual prosperity’ approach, whereby aid explicitly benefits both countries, to justify continuing aid to India.

• Like 2