Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

40 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I am in total agreement about both the approval ratings and the lack of talent at the figurehead level.

However, I'm also saying that people are making a massive mistake by looking at that alone with such shallowness and not considering the party platforms as opposed to just that figurehead. I'm not sure if that's just a natural drawback of a presidential system or a more recent development, but concerning what needs to get done on the part of the US and other places it's a potentially hugely damaging weakness when folks will simply follow a celebrity/cult of personality/self-interest and not actually think of the long game.

Cory Booker has always been a solid shout for me though on that score.

I see what you’re saying, the Repubs definitely seem more aligned to a long term plan than say the Dems I’d agree with. I think this is not necessarily because of two figureheads, but more so the two party system as I think the UK has had a lot of similar issues. You could look at say Cameron’s party to the one Boris lead and it seems ideologically you could argue could be two different parties entirely, same with Starmer and Corbs tbf.And especially when you factor in the increasingly hostile political landscape within the same space, it seems more factions lead to less common ground and the next long term plan is almost diffused by the person they’re succeeding, because of this it’s almost more important now who the person is on the ticket than say 20 years ago. 

18 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I see what you’re saying, the Repubs definitely seem more aligned to a long term plan than say the Dems I’d agree with. I think this is not necessarily because of two figureheads, but more so the two party system as I think the UK has had a lot of similar issues. You could look at say Cameron’s party to the one Boris lead and it seems ideologically you could argue could be two different parties entirely, same with Starmer and Corbs tbf.And especially when you factor in the increasingly hostile political landscape within the same space, it seems more factions lead to less common ground and the next long term plan is almost diffused by the person they’re succeeding, because of this it’s almost more important now who the person is on the ticket than say 20 years ago. 

And then you wonder what led to such factionalism becoming more prevalent in the first place.

Perhaps it comes back to each faction having their own version of "truth" now readily available via the wonders of thr Internet and cranks on it and so it is much easier for someone to become entrenched within a particular faction.

I know I repeat myself, but such hostility and lack of long-term thought isn't going to end well.

31 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

And then you wonder what led to such factionalism becoming more prevalent in the first place.

Perhaps it comes back to each faction having their own version of "truth" now readily available via the wonders of thr Internet and cranks on it and so it is much easier for someone to become entrenched within a particular faction.

I know I repeat myself, but such hostility and lack of long-term thought isn't going to end well.

Yeah I definitely agree, everyone now is some form of political analyst and usually if you’re deep down the rabbit hole you’re probably leaning on the extreme viewpoint depending on what side you’re on. And as you say, the internet is probably the most useful tool for radicalisation we’ve ever seen, the ability to have an echo chamber with people that could be on the other side of the world to you isn’t healthy. Majority of the west is in such a mess as well it’ll only continue down this path too 

9 minutes ago, Guesty said:

No loss whatsoever.

In most countries she would have been forced out months ago by the public.

Here we dont have any bo11ox about anything except shrugging our shoulders and saying no well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

I'm curious as to whether or not hardened 'blue' voters are aware of how rancid and dreadful this current party is.

I don't follow one party like a football team but I'm most closely aligned with labour. I've always been aware when they stank, though.

Conservative voters - are you actually aware of the damage and indecency of this current party? Can you feel the need for a change of ideology? Surely?

I can’t speak for everyone, but as someone who usually votes Conservative - Yes I am and that’s why I’d vote for Starmer if there was an election tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I'm curious as to whether or not hardened 'blue' voters are aware of how rancid and dreadful this current party is.

I don't follow one party like a football team but I'm most closely aligned with labour. I've always been aware when they stank, though.

Conservative voters - are you actually aware of the damage and indecency of this current party? Can you feel the need for a change of ideology? Surely?

Yes, I’ve voted blue all my life. 

I wouldn’t know who to vote for at the minute. I think a hard reset is needed though. 

2 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Hilarious she did had a strop about not getting a peerage. Finally going

She’s everything that’s wrong with politics really in this country. She became more or a parody (like Abbot before her), than a politician.

Glad she’s finally gone in the bin.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sly said:

She’s everything that’s wrong with politics really in this country. She became more or a parody (like Abbot before her), than a politician.

Glad she’s finally gone in the bin.  

The absolute pits as an MP and also a person - I say that as a constituent.

I am amazed someone that thick got even close to being an MP

52 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

People like her have been able to ascend throughout history by lending their "talents" to those at the top.

As a classicist, Johnson was uniquely placed to recognise and take full advantage of her willingness to please.

5 hours ago, Zear0 said:

If you've not read her letter I'd encourage you to do so. It's wonderfully spiteful. 

It’s a rough read! 

Bizarrely, since Boris has gone, similar to the US with the removal of Trump, politics is much more low key. 

12 hours ago, hebangsthedrums said:

She's a relatively successful novelist in the clogs and shawls genre, with 2.5 million books and ebooks sold to date, so maybe she's not as thick as you think.

9 minutes ago, String fellow said:

She's a relatively successful novelist in the clogs and shawls genre, with 2.5 million books and ebooks sold to date, so maybe she's not as thick as you think.

Or the people who buy her books are thick.

Shes an obnoxious Boris loving attention seeking "person".

She should be forced to pay back her MP salary  for doing feck all.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Popularity is no guarantee of smarts, merely a little marketing acumen, or someone else's marketing acumen.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Trust me, packets of mince feel intellectually superior. 

• Like 1

Her childish resignation  letter cussing Sunak just says more about her if you needed clarification.

Sunak still a tory tw1t but nowhere near what the previous leaders were like.

To be fair hes got rid of all the crappy news stories and theres less of the ah1t flying around than with BoJo, hes got rid of people like Reece Smogg and thus scumbag Doris is crying because Sunak binned her peerage.

Also confirms what a cvnt Bojo is to have put her forward for a peerage in the first place.